Kicking cop just doing his job as taxi driver faces summons

webfact

Kicking cop just doing his job as taxi driver faces summons

1pm.jpg

Pictures (2): Daily News

A Pattaya traffic cop who was caught on film kicking out at a taxi says he was just doing his job and was trying to stop being hit by the cab fleeing the scene.

The taxi was parked in a red and white stripe area on Saturday as Pol Lt Wasathorn Iam-samang moved in to investigate.

The driver was from Bangkok and had no licence - all he had was a ticket from the capital to show that he had been stopped for not having a permit to drive.

1pm1.jpg

Pol Lt Wasathorn told Daily News that the driver was speaking like a gangster. He had come down from Bangkok to deliver a passenger and was waiting to go back.

He said that the driver refused to get out then revved and moved off - the kick occurred in an attempt to get out of the way.

The police contacted the driver who has said Pattaya is too far to go and pay a fine.

So now they have issued a summons on three charges - illegal parking, dangerous parking and not having a licence.

If he fails to appear he faces arrest.

Station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch has investigated and appears satisfied that his lieutenant was acting lawfully.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-21

These stories are all just merging into one narrative, lots of yapping and little or no action or consequences to the perpetrators actually happening
Bit of a broken record (system) now.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Let me see if I get this right.

Taxi driver gets a ticket in Bangkok because he has no taxi driver permit.

He then get caught again in Pattaya in that same taxi and  obviously still without a permit, or even any other identification papers.

And he is allowed to leave again?

What can be wrong here.

Where I come from he would not have kicked, but probably shot, when attempting to flee from arrest

but but but TIT.......no logic applied here sadly :blink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The police contacted the driver who has said Pattaya is too far to go and pay a fine.

& didn't he just take a customer there 

So the ticket system mustn't be National 

Edited by BEVUP

The driver was from Bangkok and had no licence - all he had was a ticket from the capital to show that he had been stopped for not having a permit to drive. Quote!

Pardon my ignorance I use Uber or equivalent, dont taxis have to show drivers photo and licence displayed on the car dash somewhere?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Let me see if I get this right.

Taxi driver gets a ticket in Bangkok because he has no taxi driver permit.

He then get caught again in Pattaya in that same taxi and  obviously still without a permit, or even any other identification papers.

And he is allowed to leave again?

What can be wrong here.

Where I come from he would not have kicked, but probably shot, when attempting to flee from arrest

I was wondering if he actually had a driving licence??? nothing surprises me any more. 

One way to get this guy back to face the music is for Pattaya's BiB to have a purge on every BBK Meter Taxi they can...

It will not be long before they get a call to look in the boot of an abandoned taxi parked in Soi9 

Taxi-driver-with-robber-in-boot.jpg.d08f7582c3fbb49890bb247a7784c7cd.jpg

The government should consider fitting all the official taxis with inner surveillance cameras that record all the hapennings inside the vehicule and stock the feed say for a week.

Naturally, only to make sure the nasty passenger in the Taxi is of decent breeding. Definately not for checking if the taxi cheat has turned On the meter, as we all are aware that the Thai taxi driver is a model of virtue and honesty !

A Pattaya policeman taking action against a taxi?  False News.  No taxi in Pattaya uses a meter in violation of the law of the land.  Illegal parking on red/white lines occurs 24/7 with no police interference.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:51 PM, Basil B said:

I was wondering if he actually had a driving licence??? nothing surprises me any more. 

No surprise here.. You do not need a license to drive.. Just pay the fine.., and I reckon you can drive then on a fine for 24 hours.. Licensed or not.

Came to think about it and I do not know if it is still in effect. In Spain if you got a parking fine(usually) you could go to a special mail box on the street and say three ave Marias and put the ticket back in the mailbox.. You regret that you sin and do not have to pay the fine.

Edited by paahlman