“Therapeutic” Yoga / Thai Massage in Chiang Mai

Kohsamida

Can anybody recommend a place or practioneer who has a firm grasp of muscular issues such as tightness, adhesions, etc and a thorough knowledge of anatomy, and how to address issues like tightness of quadratics Lomborum (QL)?  When in the states, after much searching, I found a Yoga practictioneer with formal training in physical therapy who worked wonders at relieving specific muscle pain, tightness, etc.  She knew exactly what muscles were causing an issue, and just how to stretch, loosen, strengthen them.

i sit for long hours at the computer but also do a great deal of cycling, swimming, and running.  The combination has gotten my body all out of whack and I need some targeted deep tissue massage to loosen up the tightness, and some yoga moves that will keep them loose but strong.

my problem is that it’s so hard to tell which yoga places or Thai massage places are really qualified to address such “therapeutic” issues.  There’s nothing more frustrating than wasting time and money on people who don’t even have a grasp of muscle anatomy.  I’m looking for someone who has a good understanding of it, and knows how to apply massage and/or yoga to address the problem areas.

I could care less about meditation or relaxation or what kind of tea they serve, or how much comraderie there is.  Almost every review I read is about those things, so if you know of places where they really have therapeutic understanding and abilities, I’d be great full to know.  

If you suggest a particular place, please include the persons name.  I’ve read that Khunka Massage is just such a place, but also read that it all depends on the specific masseuse, without any names (in google reviews)...so that information is basically useless.

anyway, thanks in advance if you reply with useful info.

8 minutes ago, hml367 said:

Contact either of these places and see if it works for you:

http://jackchaiyamassage.wixsite.com/jackchaiya

http://rsmschool.com/

Dead link for jackchaiyamassage and no google hits, but rsmschool  sound promising.  Do you have any personal experience with them?

14 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Dead link for jackchaiyamassage and no google hits, but rsmschool  sound promising.  Do you have any personal experience with them?

I fixed the link.. I may have missed a space..

I have used RSM and continue to use Mr. Ikeda.  I have not used Jack Chaiya.  Nerve Touch was made famous by his mother.

Archived