"Can you support me?"

Confuscious

29 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Can't see the difference myself, you've still been paying her the entire time she was with you.

Delusion is a wonderful thing.

Was responding to SooKees post, so I provided for her just the same as is done in the west; the breadwinner hands over funds and the wife takes care of everything...…...no delusion whatsoever.

27 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I wonder how long it took the hotel to close down once Farang hit the scene 5555

Sad and strange post...……….closed down and demolished and I knew the owner.

Yup, lots of chums in the West have 'housewife' wives who have no income, particularly common once they have kids.  Mum stays home to be a mum, dad provides.  Bit different to a girl working in a bar who negotiates 30K pm in lieu of her 'salary' in some kind of long term rental agreement.  There's a financial element to both which the guy will be stumping up for, just depends whether it's a more 'normal' (in Western thinking) arrangement or a more direct, fixed amount that's clearly a 'salary' replacement.

1 minute ago, SooKee said:

Yup, lots of chums in the West have 'housewife' wives who have no income, particularly common once they have kids.  Mum stays home to be a mum, dad provides.  Bit different to a girl working in a bar who negotiates 30K pm in lieu of her 'salary' in some kind of long term rental agreement.  There's a financial element to both which the guy will be stumping up for, just depends whether it's a more 'normal' (in Western thinking) arrangement or a more direct, fixed amount that's clearly a 'salary' replacement.

I call BS on that one.

Very few people in the west can survive on one salary-the mode/means of production does not allow it.

I would say that your knowledge of the "West" could be printed in broad capital letters on the back of a postage stamp and you would still have enough space left over for the first few chapters of 'War and Peace'

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Very few people in the west can survive on one salary-the mode/means of production does not allow it.

Almost everyone I socialized with in the UK, the family lived on one wage (the mans).

We all supported our wives and kids, and lived in 1/2 million pound houses.

It all depends on where you live and what type of people you associate with.

If your wife had worked, you wouldn't have mixed with us, the women wouldn't have allowed it.

The women had coffee mornings, school runs, a bit of charity work, book clubs, sewing circles.

Yes, there were many struggling with 2 wages, but they were't our sort, and we didn't mix.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I call BS on that one.

I would say that your knowledge of the "West" could be printed in broad capital letters on the back of a postage stamp and you would still have enough space left over for the first few chapters of 'War and Peace'

You seem to be more fixated on spewing your cheap sarcasm (the lowest form of wit) than adding anything of value or indeed making any kind of sensible comment whatsoever.

So, taking your lead, I call BS on your comment.  I would say your knowledge of folks in the West is probably drawn from down and outs who simply don't have good enough jobs to be able to provide.  95% of the folks I know in France, UK, Germany and Spain all have good jobs, well paid, and ALL have wives that don't work.  Maybe try moving up in the world and draw your 'War & Peace' knowledge of the West from less lo-so types!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SooKee said:

You seem to be more fixated on spewing your cheap sarcasm (the lowest form of wit) than adding anything of value or indeed making any kind of sensible comment whatsoever.

So, taking your lead, I call BS on your comment.  I would say your knowledge of folks in the West is probably drawn from down and outs who simply don't have good enough jobs to be able to provide.  95% of the folks I know in France, UK, Germany and Spain all have good jobs, well paid, and ALL have wives that don't work.  Maybe try moving up in the world and draw your 'War & Peace' knowledge of the West from less lo-so types!

So someone who can only get a low paid job, in your opinion, is a down and out...A low-life.....?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

So someone who can only get a low paid job, in your opinion, is a down and out...A low-life.....?

As ever with TV, always folks who will go out of their way to take offence and ive off down some stupid bloody tangent.  Take the comment in the context within which it was made.  Or not.  Up to you. ?

19 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Bad English translation of the Thai marriage promise.

'Do Lay', appears everywhere ...... look after ...... take care ....... marry, protect and provide.

In return she must ........ serve you.

In Cantonese 'Do Lay' means 'go <deleted>'   (with allowance for tone and pronunciation)

10 minutes ago, SooKee said:

You are..ahem..discombobulated..off you go!

Most of the people I know in the Western world have well educated,working wives who would,ahem,micturate all over you,Sookee.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Most of the people I know in the Western world have well educated,working wives who would,ahem,micturate all over you.

I agree, there are plenty of educated women with worthless degrees working in low paid jobs (or make work for women government jobs) because their husband isn't capable of earning enough (mine had a degree in Education).

But I've not met one that wouldn't have given up her job, if her husband had earned enough.

Same as the women running all the roadside food stalls, failure of the man, not success of the woman.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

19 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Yes, there were many struggling with 2 wages, but they were't our sort, and we didn't mix.

The class system is still alive and well in the UK, eh? Doesn't work too well in Australia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The class system is still alive and well in the UK, eh? Doesn't work too well in Australia.

Nothing to do with me, my social climbing bitch wife controlled everything, I was at work most of the time 70+hrs a week to provide her the life she wanted. Didn't have a life myself, or friends, or free time. The occasional garden party, or wine evening with her pals was as good as it got.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I agree, there are plenty of educated women with worthless degrees working in low paid jobs (or make work for women government jobs) because their husband isn't capable of earning enough.

But I've not met one that wouldn't have given up her job, if her husband had earned enough.

Same as the women running all the roadside food stalls, failure of the man, not success of the woman.

Rubbish.

Do you think that western women run food stalls?

What galactic sector do you post from?

Klendathu?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

When he bails, nothing is going her way. Going to be a shit fight but he told her, 'he has nothing' and he is getting free sex for nothing. Going to be a interesting ending. 

Is she also getting free sex from him for nothing.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Nothing to do with me, my social climbing bitch wife controlled everything, I was at work most of the time 70+hrs a week to provide her the life she wanted. Didn't have a life myself, or friends, or free time. The occasional garden party, or wine evening with her pals was as good as it got.

She played you then. 

13 minutes ago, SooKee said:

As ever with TV, always folks who will go out of their way to take offence and ive off down some stupid bloody tangent.  Take the comment in the context within which it was made.  Or not.  Up to you. ?

No one took "offence" though .

You made the statement that only down and outs could not live on one wage .

You showing off about how rich you are your mates are , showing off about how much you all earn , whilst speaking derogatory about others who earn a lesser wage

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Justfine said:

She played you then. 

• She ended up divorcing him, taking his house and kids and he came to Thailand to make some more , surprised that you do not know this, He says so in posts most days
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:
  • She ended up divorcing him, taking his house and kids and he came to Thailand to make some more , surprised that you do not know this, He says so in posts most days

I figured that much.

Can you be a man who's hanging with other men, doing things with men in a group and accepting whatever may happen naturally? 

Can you truly be with another man without feeling awkward or ashamed?

when you approach and embrace another man who you know and have not seen in a long time do you hold steady and still during the embrace genuinely, or do you "pat" his back quickly out of nervousness and hesitation as so many guys tend to do?

Edited by Dick Crank

2 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

Can you be a man who's hanging with other men, doing things with men in a group and accepting whatever may happen naturally? 

What?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

Now Dick, I reckon some including me may be confused with your post..

Try again...:stoner:

16 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I had long evenings, drinking a beer and chatting with "normal" woman.
Woman from farmer to a doctor.
And money was never discussed.
Everyone would support the newly wed family according their possibility.

I had also long evenings, drinking a beer and chatting with "normal" woman.
Woman from farmer to a doctor.
The first thing that was asked was:
- Where do you work?
- How much (money) you have per month?
- How much can you pay for the dowry?
- Etc.

Somehow, the second type can be seen even before she start chatting.
Excessive gold wearing; Dressed like a bargirl; Behaving like a spoiled brat; etc.

I have a steady gf (56 year old) who is teaching in a government school and we chat many times at a dinner or a party.
She made it clear from the beginning that she never would marry again and want to live alone with her mother.
She never talked about money.
The only time "money" was a subject of conversation was 5 years ago when she needed to go to Mahasarakham to collect her PHD (with the presence of HM the princess) and she made already reservations for a bungalow.
I wanted to split the costs, but she refused it.

Happy for you and not meant to be mean but the reasons a lot of us are here are for women companionship in an age group much younger than 56. I would not give a older women over 30 a monthly payment of any amount. A young woman will need a sum of money to live on and that is true all over the world in most cases married or not. 

• Like 1

The woman says, "Can you take care of me"? This means, of course, financial support (what other kind of care matters in Thailand? Nothing.). 

The question I always ask is, "What are you going to do for me?"

Hard to find a relationship that is not asymmetrical.