A few questions about buying a new BMW in Thailand

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure do,the Chemist Shoplady, My Doctor/Dentist, Police chap, plenty in Krabi.For some reason our Postman doesnt have one.[emoji1509]‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, my neighbor parks his M8 in front of the temple and sells stick-moo from the trunk. He uses the recess for the spare tire as a grill.

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Yes, my neighbor parks his M8 in front of the temple and sells stick-moo from the trunk. He uses the recess for the spare tire as a grill.

For those of us who only eat in Ferang Restaurants on USDAW imported steaks, what is sick moo ?, M8 is clear enough its a Thai Energy Drink Truck.:partytime2:

13 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I was going to buy a BMW but why pay 3m for a 1.2m car?  I just couldn't do it.

Because you finally understood that the maximum that you could buy is a moped.

12 hours ago, mogandave said:

M8 is still just a concept car.. 

Mr. mogandave I don't feel an M5 or Porsche are middle class cars. Does this disturb you in any way that you wish to share? Come on, we wouldn't expect any less from you so go ahead an make your case against this. It's always good for a laugh. Now I did say you might be surprised to know there are middle class people in the US that are able to buy such cars and I know a few and that's something much less likely to be the case with Thailand's middle class due to tariffs. In case you haven't noticed, there is no one but you that finds these things to be controversial and condescending and bickers about it. And it's strange how this can happen with you so frequently. So maybe you need to think about the root causes of this. And also maybe why you are here. Finally, I have brief lesson for you today. When you switch to making personal attacks it means you've lost the technical argument. And that's something others know and understand and will notice when they see it. You lost today, but hopefully you've learned this one important thing in the process. I won't report your posts despite that they are against forum rules since I think it's even better for everyone to be able to judge you by your own posts.

Mr. mogandave I don't feel an M5 or Porsche are middle class cars. Does this disturb you in any way that you wish to share? Come on, we wouldn't expect any less from you so go ahead an make your case against this. It's always good for a laugh. Now I did say you might be surprised to know there are middle class people in the US that are able to buy such cars and I know a few and that's something much less likely to be the case with Thailand's middle class due to tariffs. In case you haven't noticed, there is no one but you that finds these things to be controversial and condescending and bickers about it. And it's strange how this can happen with you so frequently. So maybe you need to think about the root causes of this. And also maybe why you are here. Finally, I have brief lesson for you today. When you switch to making personal attacks it means you've lost the technical argument. And that's something others know and understand and will notice when they see it. You lost today, but hopefully you've learned this one important thing in the process. I won't report your posts despite that they are against forum rules since I think it's even better for everyone to be able to judge you by your own posts.

Sorry you got your feelings hurt, but next time try a little more fact, and a lot less dialogue.

Mortenaa is the only one who lives and drives BMW, plus talks sence... I know mines white, got a 5 on it,super seats and lots of twiddly things i dont use, and the company bought it. Oh, i do buy the Petrol, its no more to run than a Teana Nissan.Dont get angry, they are only bits of tin after all.:partytime2:

On 5/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, luk AJ said:

True, but if I remember correctly with the old interior.. The problem with Mercedes and BMW, although they have very nice cars, the engine choice is very limited and many are offered only diesel. Who wants an X6 with a diesel engine?

Luk

What is wrong with a diesel X6 or any other BMW diesel for that matter ?

X6 is revoltind truck like a Fortuna, with BM you have to pick diamond from the ruff.The dash on the new 8 is awfull too

The X6 is a unibody luxury crossover.

Claiming it is on a truck platform is ridiculous, but not surprising coming from you given your history of other such idiotic claims.

What is wrong with a diesel X6 or any other BMW diesel for that matter ?

I wouldn’t buy it, this is just a personal opinion.. like I would never buy a Lamborghini diesel...
My point was very little choice in engines..

Luk

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

The X6 is a unibody luxury crossover.

Claiming it is on a truck platform is ridiculous, but not surprising coming from you given your history of other such idiotic claims.

I buy em, used them for the last 35 years my opinions from use not hearsay. Its twerps who never have make the most noise. I have a new 5 at the moment but would not entertain anything Diesel exept  Kenworth / JCB or any Workhorse..

I buy em, used them for the last 35 years my opinions from use not hearsay. Its twerps who never have make the most noise. I have a new 5 at the moment but would not entertain anything Diesel exept  Kenworth / JCB or any Workhorse..

The 5 is for people that want a BMW but can’t really afford one. Did you get sport sticker model or the luxury sticker model?

5 Series is mid range to me, been called a disappointing design by some, id call it overpriced compared to a Camrey/ Lexus/ Accord  but i enjoy them, , 

The X4 looks much better and the price is competitive. Only available in the 2l turbo diesel. How can they combine an agressive look with such a underperforming engine...

Luk

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

The X4 looks much better and the price is competitive. Only available in the 2l turbo diesel. How can they combine an agressive look with such a underperforming engine...

Luk

MB , VW, and i suppose others have been fined millions of Euro for trying to fool emission laws. E 85 saves a lot of pollution.Have you ever followed a gunned clonker Benz, BM ect, a freakin embarrassment, blows more smoke than a Chipped Ranger 

8 hours ago, mogandave said:

You seem to make a lot of critical comments throughout this post, so what car do you drive.............or are you too shy to say? Are the comments based on real experience?
The 5 is for people that want a BMW but can’t really afford one. Did you get sport sticker model or the luxury sticker model?

Actually, i think you’d have a hard time finding another instance of me talking down someone’s ride. I think this was the only negative car comment I have made, and I made it to a specific poster that is (IMO) constantly talking out his a**.

I had the best car ever made until I retired a couple months ago, now I’m driving the wife’s ‘tuna.

The 5 is a nice car, but I wouldn’t spend that much for it unless I was rich, and if I was rich I’d get something nicer....

Archived