Honda Monkey - a Bargian

bkmbkk

$ 3,620 is a real bargain and I'd cry all night long.

Perhaps with a Honda Wave 125 cc for free, it would have been a bargain. 

But the good thing about it is that you can also use it as a lawnmower. 

Edited by jenny2017
Currency sucks

Obviously Thai pricing, the official price is 99000THB ?

But the price (99k) doesn't surprise too much, it's based on the MSX which costs about 70000THB.

When i showed it to my GF for the first time she also wanted one, my guess back then was 80-90k, but it seems that Honda wants it to be a bit more exclusive than that ?

1 hour ago, naboo said:

Looking at your drive, I'm not sure another bike was necessary.

Maybe not necessary, but I rarely drive a beaten up piece when having more. of them.

My friends sometimes jokes though - when do you open a rental shop and so on ?

Most of them have driven 500 -2000 Km.

Pic does not show all our bikes - to be fair to my friends.

9 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

The forumla for determining how many bikes one needs is as follows: If you own N bikes, you need N+1 bikes.

PS: At 115k THB definitely cry. I love the style of the Monkey but at that price it's just ridicolous.

Agree to your post - especially N+1.

She told me yesterday that there are only a certain number of these bikes for sale here (5000 pcs).

The staff of the dealer told her the owner has taken the other bike there where for sale off the sales room floor, to keep for himself.

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Oh I don't know ? Maybe the photo of the 347 bikes ?

Or he just took a picture in his garage where the Monkey and the other bikes happened to be. Not sure what's there as a show-off. I mean, it's all scooters. Even if you sum them up, they'll be worth less than a pickup... The BMW in there probably costs close to ten times the amount of all the bikes combined!

Sounds more like someone's jealous ?

Anyways, I'd love to ride a Monkey for a minute, must be hilarious! OP, did you try it yet?

• Like 2

The Honda Monkey looks fun - but I've got my eye on the new Supercub 125 that was announced at the same time.  A quality, small retro for 89,000.  With the single seat it looks like a mini-bobber.

15 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Or he just took a picture in his garage where the Monkey and the other bikes happened to be. Not sure what's there as a show-off. I mean, it's all scooters. Even if you sum them up, they'll be worth less than a pickup... The BMW in there probably costs close to ten times the amount of all the bikes combined!

Sounds more like someone's jealous ?

Who really knows in this fantasy world of Ex Special OP billionaires. I think most with a real chunk of iron keep it off public forums.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Oh I don't know ? Maybe the photo of the 347 bikes ?

This is a motorcycle forum and pictures of bikes + price talk is a part of it if I'm not mistaken.

You see it as bragging ?

If I buy a big bike and post a pic here than I will be bragging ?

I haven't posted any pics of my dirt bike yet - that would properly be way too much for you ?

Why do you look at post in a motorcycle forum ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bkmbkk said:

This is a motorcycle forum and pictures of bikes + price talk is a part of it if I'm not mistaken.

You see it as bragging ?

If I buy a big bike and post a pic here than I will be bragging ?

I haven't posted any pics of my dirt bike yet - that would properly be way too much for you ?

Why do you look at post in a motorcycle forum ?

I too see it as bragging.

A single picture of that contraption should have been enough.

You saw an oppurtunity to show off your BMW and all your motorcycles.

Look at my possesions, this is called bragging.

We are not looking especially at a motorcycle forum as we get the TVF newsletter in the mail.

Paying Baht 115,000- for that thing is also bragging.

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 3:29 PM, bkmbkk said:

Maybe not necessary, but I rarely drive a beaten up piece when having more. of them.

My friends sometimes jokes though - when do you open a rental shop and so on ?

Most of them have driven 500 -2000 Km.

Pic does not show all our bikes - to be fair to my friends.

"having more "  and ,  " Pic does not show ALL of our bikes "... 

Couple this with a pic of a  bike that the op openly asserts  is expensive , and  then places it to photograph  in front of his car and lots of other bikes  ( but then states thats not ALL he owns in vehicles  ) ... go figure .

Edited by zaZa9
  • Like 1

You might not need to cry, some of those Monkey bikes are very rare and very collectable, you need to check it out as I do not know that much about them - Get the frame and engine numbers and do a search, you might be surprised.