Best route between pattaya and Chanthaburi

bbabythai

I recently drove from Pats to Chan and it took 4.5hrs with all the traffic. It was bad 25miles before Rayong. I was a bit daft staying on hwy 3 all the way. 

Since buying a map (refer photo), it looks like I could have taken route 7 from pattaya and then taking a right on route 36 (AH123) which looks like it avoids all the Rayong nightmare traffic. Is this correct? This must cut it down to 2 - 3 hours?

thanks

IMG_6877.JPG

Having avoided Maptaphut and Rayong, use the time saved to take the scenic coastal route rather than continue the whole way along Sukumvit road. The scenic route is lovely, albeit slower.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chanthaburi+scenic+road

• Like 1

Where in Pattaya do you start?

Driving all the way north to turn into 36 might not always be the best route.

Specially from the east-side and far south it might be better going east to 36.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Where in Pattaya do you start?

Driving all the way north to turn into 36 might not always be the best route.

Specially from the east-side and far south it might be better going east to 36.

from city hall area. looking at the map it seems that route n.o 7 goes east to route 36. is this what you are suggesting?

If im driving past city hall on the right and then bus station on the left...arrive at the T intersection.... how do I get on that route 7? would I be turning right or left at that T intersection. 

thanks

4 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

from city hall area. looking at the map it seems that route n.o 7 goes east to route 36. is this what you are suggesting?

If im driving past city hall on the right and then bus station on the left...arrive at the T intersection.... how do I get on that route 7? would I be turning right or left at that T intersection. 

thanks

You would turn right onto Sukhumvit road then, after about 300m, turn left onto the 7.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

No.

From there better go north.

Don't use #7.

I am not up-to-date about the situation after introduction of tollgates on this stretch of #7.

Other ways only to be considered from Jomtien, deep south.

Edited by KhunBENQ

39 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No.

From there better go north.

Don't use #7.

I am not up-to-date about the situation after introduction of tollgates on this stretch of #7.

Other ways only to be considered from Jomtien, deep south.

To avoid toll gates. From Sukhumvit Pattaya up H7 come off at Nongprue before the toll gates on H3240 and follow to H36. We use the route each week after making Naklua delivery.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have done the trip to Chanta from Pattaya probably 50 times .

The absolute quickest way is to take hway 331 out past Greenwood Golf Club & turn right into hway 344. The only hold up is around Amarta & Bowin if you are there when workers are off to the factories so plan around that.

This brings you to a "T" intersection just past Klaeng & all you miss all the traffic lights. I used to stop at the Green Leaf petrol station about another 2klms further on the left to pick up my favourite sticky rice cooked in bamboo.

It is about 30klms further but 45 minutes quicker & very few traffic lights so the stress level is much lower.

Hope this helps

On 5/28/2018 at 10:26 PM, Fruit Trader said:

To avoid toll gates. From Sukhumvit Pattaya up H7 come off at Nongprue before the toll gates on H3240 and follow to H36. We use the route each week after making Naklua delivery.

I dont know the area well enough yet and will probably just get on the route 7. But I noticed on the map theres a yellow colored road 3240. I assume Im best to take a right and get on that route and then take a right and get on the AH123 down to Rayong?  thanks

4 hours ago, ROBINPATTAYA said:

Hi,

I have done the trip to Chanta from Pattaya probably 50 times .

The absolute quickest way is to take hway 331 out past Greenwood Golf Club & turn right into hway 344. The only hold up is around Amarta & Bowin if you are there when workers are off to the factories so plan around that.

This brings you to a "T" intersection just past Klaeng & all you miss all the traffic lights. I used to stop at the Green Leaf petrol station about another 2klms further on the left to pick up my favourite sticky rice cooked in bamboo.

It is about 30klms further but 45 minutes quicker & very few traffic lights so the stress level is much lower.

Hope this helps

im sorry but I dont follow your directions at all. Are you saying its quicker to drive up the 344 and then go down the 331 and then left at route 7?  This seems a longer way on the map??

23 hours ago, bbabythai said:

im sorry but I dont follow your directions at all. Are you saying its quicker to drive up the 344 and then go down the 331 and then left at route 7?  This seems a longer way on the map??

Leave Pattaya from where ever you are & get onto 331 heading past  Amarta & Greenwood Golf then as directions given, turn right onto 344 & continue to Klaeng.Then turn left & continue to Chanta.

Refer to your map