5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Two farang 'husbands'?

or..

One Thai pimp and many farang 'husbands'

or

One Thai 'brother' and many farang 'husbands'

So the smart phone makes you smart,eh?

Does a shovel make you a ditch digger?

Thanks for the insight into the way you think. When you have finished putting words in my mouth, let me know.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

By the way what do you think of W.A Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante K.364?

(without recourse to the internet)-any new recordings that I should be paying attention to?

Are you trying to demonstrate how wonderfully smart and diverse you are?

Personally, I prefer Mozart's KV 427, the Kyrie Eleison ( Miah Persson as soloist ).

I don't know how to drive a bulldozer, and admire the skill of someone who can. Getting up myself about the things I can do well is a waste of time.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Are you trying to demonstrate how wonderfully smart and diverse you are?

Personally, I prefer Mozart's KV 427, the Kyrie Eleison ( Miah Persson as soloist ).

I don't know how to drive a bulldozer, and admire the skill of someone who can. Getting up myself about the things I can do well is a waste of time.

Back again?

I thought that you invited me to stop putting words in your mouth.

Are you the poster who I responded to in that quote?

No?

Then you are quite correct-stop wasting time for us both.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Back again?

I thought that you invited me to stop putting words in your mouth.

Are you the poster who I responded to in that quote?

No?

Then you are quite correct-stop wasting both of our time.

I see - you only want responses from the poster you are attacking, and no-one else. A bit like a bully who resents it when someone else steps in.

I'll respond as I see fit. If you don't like that, too bad.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I see - you only want responses from the poster you are attacking, and no-one else. A bit like a bully who resents it when someone else steps in.

I'll respond as I see fit. If you don't like that, too bad.

Goodness me..well you are the one who is very keen to waste some time.Finished?

Why,by the way,should I resent you as you (and I) are merely electronic blips-here today and gone tomorrow?

I am just taking you at your word.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Goodness me..well you are the one who is very keen to waste some time.Finished?

Why,by the way,should I resent you as you (and I) are merely electronic blips-here today and gone tomorrow?

I am just taking you at your word.

Your space bar is not working too well. Just saying.....

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Erm - Senator Joe McCarthy was part of the sanity of the 50's. I must confess to a deja vu feeling with Trump and his supporters.

Mc Carthy didn't have the means to spy on hundreds of millions of people simultaneously!

He also didn't have people snatched and deported to some black site abroad in order to be tortured.

There has always been evil in the society, but it's a matter of proportion.

Today, the US as well as its British lackay appears to be stuck in 1984 and unlikely to get out of it.

For members who were asking how to stop time, here is an answer...set up a 1984 society, and time will stand still!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

Two farang 'husbands'?

or..

One Thai pimp and many farang 'husbands'

or

One Thai 'brother' and many farang 'husbands'

So the smart phone makes you smart,eh?

Does a shovel make you a ditch digger?

In the good old days of the Far West, the best gunslingers had 2 colts...now in the Far East the best twitterers (is that a word?) have 2 phones!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Mc Carthy didn't have the means to spy on hundreds of millions of people simultaneously!

He also didn't have people snatched and deported to some black site abroad in order to be tortured.

There has always been evil in the society, but it's a matter of proportion.

Today, the US as well as its British lackay appears to be stuck in 1984 and unlikely to get out of it.

For members who were asking how to stop time, here is an answer...set up a 1984 society, and time will stand still!

You're right. However, McCarthy did ruin the lives of many innocent Americans.

really  how smart are we \when all we want to do is play with balls\ or watch some one play with balls

we kick/ throw \club\ bat\hit and try to kill balls 

if an alien  came here to see that/ they would leave \forget that crazy planet 

now the top brains came up with /we don't have a  number in our language bigger enough to count the solar systems out there\so to make it easy /pick up one grain of sand on the beach/that is our solar system

now count all the other grains of sand in the world you might get close to what is out there 

now you believe we are alone and someone is watching us

sleep on it \and take care as someone might be watching you in the bedroom

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

you mean from this....P7267541.JPG.aeba13d4b0b582708cab6491bb5241bd.JPG

to that...

imac-pro-front.thumb.jpg.fae9daa8e5326452e4a9bd7e147992c6.jpg

So what?

How many jobs lost and how much extra pollution to move from one machine to the next?

And how come that those who gave us the scientific means to build computers didn't need them, while we can use them but are unable to understand how they work?

I live in both the past and the future, the past told us we would have robots today doing all the jobs for us. They were partially right, no flying cars yet. I want a robot to clean my house and serve me drinks and give me a hug before I go to bed. We're not there yet , so I just have to watch an old episode of The Jetson's to remind me we still live in the past.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:49 AM, StreetCowboy said:

If it wasn't flat your spirit level wouldn't work

But your spirit level is actually curved, like everything else around you. All straight lines are curved.

Edited by tropo

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're right. However, McCarthy did ruin the lives of many innocent Americans.

Sure, and so did Edgar J Hoover whose name, for some mysterious reason, has been given to the FBI headquarters!

A police force honoring a major criminal...go figure...

17 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Sure, and so did Edgar J Hoover whose name, for some mysterious reason, has been given to the FBI headquarters!

A police force honoring a major criminal...go figure...

Lyndon Johnson was once asked why he kept Hoover in his post of FBI chief. His response was " I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in".

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

So what?

How many jobs lost and how much extra pollution to move from one machine to the next?

And how come that those who gave us the scientific means to build computers didn't need them, while we can use them but are unable to understand how they work?

Nothing is perfect. Jobs lost ? Are there still old school typewriter repair chaps or sellers in the market since the last decades ?  Don't you think a firm like Apple employs far many more poeple then say Olivetti or other type writer makers yesterday ? As for pollution, you must be nostalgic of the old style reports, typed with carbon paper in 5 copies of paper ?  .... Technology can be an asset, provided used intelligently and not in the dynamics of consumerism. Relax Dear Chap!...what is lost on one side always gains on another side. Have a nice day.

Edited by observer90210

32 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

So what?

Jobs lost servicing typewriters have been replaced by jobs fixing computers. Think of how much employment Microsoft is creating with Windows.?

The emoji I just used - why is it important for me to understand how it works?

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Erm - Senator Joe McCarthy was part of the sanity of the 50's. I must confess to a deja vu feeling with Trump and his supporters.

McCarthy was right about the Marxists infiltrating American society. Now they are everywhere. Should have listened to Joe.

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

McCarthy was right about the Marxists infiltrating American society. Now they are everywhere. Should have listened to Joe.

Marxists are everywhere? The Berlin Wall's come down, China has embraced market economics, Russia is a series of oligarchies, Trump won the Presidential election. Seems to me the Marxists are in full retreat.

The beauty of YouTube,  you can go back to whatever year you want and reminis the good old days. 

Like your first pimple,  getting a knock back, getting drunk at college. 

Some things best buried and forgotten. 

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

You and Observer90210 above are missing the point.

When I mention the job losses, I am not referring to the manufacturing and maintenance of these machines, but to the users.

With a computer, one employee can do the work that used to be done by five or so before.

No matter what, there is always the need for a very large pool of low qualifications jobs.

In the past, factories and offices provided many of those jobs.

Nowadays, these jobs have disappeared, yet people with low qualifications remain, and instead of, say, shuffling paper in a confortable office building, they are flipping burgers in a shitty fast food joint...when they are not unemployed.

There is no way that these people will become computer programmers and will be recruited by Microsoft.

Like it or not, the more technology advances, the more we are building an elitist society!

How come that the three richest Americans, among them Microsoft's Bill Gates and Amazon's Jeff Bezos, own as much as the lower 50% of the American population (160 million people)?

Such a situation would have been unthinkable 50 years ago...

There is no way that these people will become computer programmers and will be recruited by Microsoft.

Begging at 7 Eleven, eating bugs, weird monks and what was the question again? 

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Marxists are everywhere? The Berlin Wall's come down, China has embraced market economics, Russia is a series of oligarchies, Trump won the Presidential election. Seems to me the Marxists are in full retreat.

The movement switched from simple proletariat vs bourgeois's to a whole realm of victimization and identity politics. Now nearly every group is victim oppressed by white privilege, or misogynists, or global corporations... But they still want the redistribution of wealth to create utopia. It is the same wrong thinking that killed millions in the 20th century.