Neighbor - Undesirable alien?

Sadly, I have got a neighbor that create nothing but problems. Harassing me by ringing the doorbell always. He complains about smell from my apartment and send the apartment complex security guards to inspect my apartment. He is threatening and has been trespassing in my apartment twice.

According to Thai law trespassing is illegal, but my problem is burden of proof. I am 100% disabled, so I cannot defend myself against this bully. Is there anything I can do other than move? Can I complain to the Immigration and get them to declare him an undesirable alien?

• Like 1

Hello,

In your opinion, is there a foul odor coming from your apartment.
Reflux of evacuation, frying,
burning, cooking.
I have a Thai neighbor who wanted to cook food on a brazier, on the terrace.
I told him it was forbidden,
that the smoke and the smell inconvenienced everyone.  ?
Now, she goes to the local tavern.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

If the neighbour is complaining about a bad smell coming from the OP`s apartment and goes to all the trouble to send a security guard to investigate, then there must be some fact in the allegations. Maybe the neighbour is ringing the OP`s bell wanting to discuss the problem otherwise the neighbour`s actions and attitude doesn`t make sense.

In cases of neighbour disputes it`s always best to discuss the problem rather than trying to ignore it and hoping the person will go away. This is what it sounds like to me.

X2! Swallow some pride & make peace. The other options will most likely lead to more conflict.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could make a complaint to the police. What he is doing is harassment that is violation of the law.

Immigration would do nothing without him being charged by the police.

Not sure if that advice is 100% correct? Immigration are the police, just working in a seperate division of the RTP. They have the same powers as all other police in Thailand.  Yes the immigration police may refer the matter to patrol level officers or the Tourist police, but they are able to investigate/take action if they choose to...After all, nearly every foreigner living in Thailand is an alien of some sort? 

12 minutes ago, dragons70 said:

Not sure if that advice is 100% correct? Immigration are the police, just working in a seperate division of the RTP. They have the same powers as all other police in Thailand.  Yes the immigration police may refer the matter to patrol level officers or the Tourist police, but they are able to investigate/take action if they choose to...After all, nearly every foreigner living in Thailand is an alien of some sort? 

The fact the word 'police' is used doesn't mean what your suggesting.

They are separate and with a separate purpose.  

• Like 1

If this person lives in co-ownership, (tenant or owner)
  it is the duty of the guardian, or the chairman of the union council or a member of that council, to see that everything goes well.
If it's noise, they can intervene IMMEDIATELY.
If he is a repeat offender, only the police can check.
If it smells, NORMALLY, and after a first intervention, without entering the house, an appointment must be made, with the union people to solve this problem

Immigration has nothing to do.

Now, remains to know more details.
A small amicable explanation is better than a grand trial.

10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The fact the word 'police' is used doesn't mean what your suggesting.

They are separate and with a separate purpose.  

Fact is they are a division of the RTP. They are not, as in the US or UK, their own government department. Yes they have a seperate purpose, but they are not seperate to RTP...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I bet if we talked with your bully he would have tons of bad stuff to say about you. There's usually two sides to stories like this. 

Take a long hard look in the mirror and try to talk with the bully or move and behave better in the new place you move to. 

In case I'm wrong and you have encountered some weird psycho you should still move or try to make peace with him, involving the police against a true psycho like this could be dangerous. 

3 minutes ago, dragons70 said:

Fact is they are a division of the RTP. They are not, as in the US or UK, their own government department. Yes they have a seperate purpose, but they are not seperate to RTP...

Understood and your missing the point. 

Easiest way to have a foreigner dealt with by police in Thailand is to call and report him as an illegal alien living next door to you, whether they are legal or not. Tell them the guy’s overstayed his visa for a year, and once the smell of baht in a brown paper bag wafts to their greedy noses, they’ll be around in a flash turning him over. He may or may not be illegal, but the visit should make him pull his head in...Call and make a complaint of harassment, farang on farang,  they couldn’t care less...

14 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

... and goes to all the trouble to send a security guard to investigate, then there must be some fact in the allegations.

Not necessarily, we had a mad neighbour in our condo.

Thai lady, nice as pie most of the time until I was away working then she would call building security complaining about the loud party / music in our place. After waking the wife several times at 2AM security finally got wise to the antics and told the neighbour to call the police next time, she never did (or at least they never visited).

31 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Have a shower, spray some Febeze around and stick on some aftershave...

Disconnect your doorbell and crack a beer ?

Right on.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Where there is stink there is.....................:cheesy:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Understood and your missing the point. 

Am I? Or you’re just not making it very well...99% of farang living in Thailand fall under the definition of an ‘alien’ and therefore, fall under the jurisdiction of RTP attached to the immigration division. 

• Sad 1

Set up a security camera inside your apartment.  1500 baht max. You will have proof of trespass and bullying. Best of luck getting things resolved. 

• Like 1

OP you say you are100% disabled, sorry but this might be part of the problem.

Being disabled causes many problems, one problem can be smell, which the disabled person is unaware of, but it is noticeable by others.

Please do not take offence at what i am posting, being paraplegic myself, there are times when i smell, not noticed by me, but my wife notices, and quicky sorts it out.

Now your neighbour could be noticing it, but going about it in a childish manner.

I suggest arranging a meeting with your neighbour, with at least 1 other person present, and try to resolve the problem, before involving the police.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cereal said:

What does 100% disabled mean? I'm thinking that is a quadriplegic who needs 24 hour care from a professional caregiver. 

Very good point,  as you say 100% disabled is quadriplegic, i am paraplegic, can do some things myself, and anybody more seriously disabled than me requires full time care.

10 minutes ago, Cereal said:

What does 100% disabled mean?

I think it can mean many things.

It could mean he is classified as 100% disabled by his home country for disability payment from them. In other words it means he is unable to work.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it can mean many things.

It could mean he is classified as 100% disabled by his home country for disability payment from them. In other words it means he is unable to work.

I am 100% work disabled (home country).

I spend most my time now at home. Several years ago, I found it easier to get about but these days I mostly stay in my home, close to my computer and bed; just like that now to 'feel safe'. During manic phases, I did silly things but those days are better controlled now with medication.

As the saying goes, ''where there is smoke we have fire,'' and the opposite works as well, ''where we have fire, we have smoke.'' 

Be always three sides to this story; his side, the other person side and lastly the truth - either side may not want to see and be combative over the issue. 

Regarding the smell he is talking about; if your place smells, get someone to clean for you twice a week. I would not go during the worst times of my sickness to bath for several days at a time, cook, wash dishes, leave food where I ate it. I ended up getting a cleaner to come in before I was married every third day. 

With the guy saying these things and doing these things, unless he is a nutcase, some truth will be to his side in the story unless you have pissed him off in other ways you will not disclose. Either you get him to sit down with you and talk with a 'middleman' and sort the issue out (what I would do) or clean your own act up if what he is saying is correct. If it is harassment because the guy is nuts, ring the Police or maybe even the Tourist branch if you cannot speak Thai and sort it out.

Like I said, always three sides to a story ....

19 hours ago, Sokolov said:

I am 100% disabled,

If so, you must have an assistant in the apartment with you, or you could not survive. Why don't you get them to make a complaint to the police for you?

As said, immigration are not going to do anything about something that is clearly a police case.

2 hours ago, dragons70 said:

Easiest way to have a foreigner dealt with by police in Thailand is to call and report him as an illegal alien living next door to you, whether they are legal or not. Tell them the guy’s overstayed his visa for a year, and once the smell of baht in a brown paper bag wafts to their greedy noses, they’ll be around in a flash turning him over. He may or may not be illegal, but the visit should make him pull his head in...Call and make a complaint of harassment, farang on farang,  they couldn’t care less...

Easiest way??? For sure not!!!

This way can bring you in real trouble about "false accusation"!!! After you are the one who not only left the house, but maybe must left thailand too. ?