Video: Isaan sausage seller urinates while cooking up his wares

webfact

The lack of hygene here is absolutely terrifying! 

I don't know what's worse: cooks picking their noses in the kitchen, staff combing their hair behind the counter or cutting their finger nails around the food area or this guy pizzing beside his food stall!

Disgusting! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, djayz said:

The lack of hygene here is absolutely terrifying! 

I don't know what's worse: cooks picking their noses in the kitchen, staff combing their hair behind the counter or cutting their finger nails around the food area or this guy pizzing beside his food stall!

Disgusting! 

Look I know it is not good and I have been here quite a while. I eat lots of food from the vendors and I am still alive. You have to remember Thailand is a 3rd world country where regulations are not important. I come from a very regulated country where you cannot fart unless the government approves it. I made the choice to live in Thailand because I could not stand the regulations crowding the way I lived I think you just have to accept this is Thailand and if you don't like it you can always starve or go home

43 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Your post points out why I have never eaten "vendor" food in SEA.

I laugh at the excuses others give for relishing the delectable delights these places serve and sometimes add how  they have "rarely" gotten sick.

Me neither...…...despite the "never been sick" on it replies.

When you think about it, these vendors are struggling to make a baht or two, so no food will go to waste and that which was been sitting out in the sun all day/or not sold on one day, will be sold on the next day; whether it be cooked properly or not is another matter.

Not only that the oil in which some of this food is cooked more closely resembles a primordial soup full of small creatures, rather than a cooking oil, and of course the more often this is used at high temperatures the more unsafe it becomes (free radicals et cetera).

On occasion, my g/f would go out and buy stuff from one of these carts and bring back a plastic bag full of some filthy looking liquid, containing bits of fat and gristle and no amount of trying to convince her that this was not really "nourishing" food would work.

In summary, when you think about it, it is hard enough in a restaurant and kitchen to keep things clean and hygienic, so the chances of this happening in a roadside cart are basically zero.

I often think of the people who wax lyrical about street cart food, and wonder what they will think about it when they are sitting on the loo with a bad attack of the squitters for days on end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Me neither...…...despite the "never been sick" on it replies.

When you think about it, these vendors are struggling to make a baht or two, so no food will go to waste and that which was been sitting out in the sun all day/or not sold on one day, will be sold on the next day; whether it be cooked properly or not is another matter.

Not only that the oil in which some of this food is cooked more closely resembles a primordial soup full of small creatures, rather than a cooking oil, and of course the more often this is used at high temperatures the more unsafe it becomes (free radicals et cetera).

On occasion, my g/f would go out and buy stuff from one of these carts and bring back a plastic bag full of some filthy looking liquid, containing bits of fat and gristle and no amount of trying to convince her that this was not really "nourishing" food would work.

In summary, when you think about it, it is hard enough in a restaurant and kitchen to keep things clean and hygienic, so the chances of this happening in a roadside cart are basically zero.

I often think of the people who wax lyrical about street cart food, and wonder what they will think about it when they are sitting on the loo with a bad attack of the squitters for days on end.

I don't criticize the vendors   or Thai customers in any way.

I  marvel at those who claim to enjoy such delights with the mention of frequency of getting sick.

12 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I think you just have to accept this is Thailand and if you don't like it you can always starve or go home

Or of course choose different places in which to eat or buy food, which I have done for 11 years here! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

Or of course choose different places in which to eat or buy food, which I have done for 11 years here! 

No, Sir,  you stuff it as no one has complained.

You however  felt the need to use the stupid refrain of "love it or leave it".

Eat vendor food to your hearts content.  Who cares?

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Look I know it is not good and I have been here quite a while. I eat lots of food from the vendors and I am still alive. You have to remember Thailand is a 3rd world country where regulations are not important. I come from a very regulated country where you cannot fart unless the government approves it. I made the choice to live in Thailand because I could not stand the regulations crowding the way I lived I think you just have to accept this is Thailand and if you don't like it you can always starve or go home

I like Thailand and the food too. I also know and accept that it's a 3rd world country, but there is absolutely no excuse on this planet for not knowing or understanding basic hygene standards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

I agree with you to a certain extent  regarding a strictly regulated country versus the likes of Thailand but there is no way that I will lower my hygiene habits and no reason to do so . The Thai people build up a tolerance from their infancy to overcome certain bugs that can render  westerners a problem . However there is no reason why the hygiene aware westerner should lower their standards . Germs and diseases are spread by poor hygiene , a known fact , and to my mind the Thai folk should be taught and told of the merits of good hygiene . God knows what would happen if there were an active food regulatory body here . The closure of many eating places , I am sure . 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, djayz said:

I like Thailand and the food too. I also know and accept that it's a 3rd world country, but there is absolutely no excuse on this planet for not knowing or understanding basic hygene standards

Ok i will answer that. One good reason is as kids they were never taught by there parents because the parents of the parents never taught them. To Thai people hygiene is not important because they have never been shown what dangers exist if they don't use hygiene You will probably finf that most Thais dont even know what a germ or bacteria is.

Just now, Happyman58 said:

Ok i will answer that. One good reason is as kids they were never taught by there parents because the parents of the parents never taught them. To Thai people hygiene is not important because they have never been shown what dangers exist if they don't use hygiene You will probably finf that most Thais dont even know what a germ or bacteria is.

find not finf lol

6 hours ago, superal said:

I agree with you to a certain extent  regarding a strictly regulated country versus the likes of Thailand but there is no way that I will lower my hygiene habits and no reason to do so . The Thai people build up a tolerance from their infancy to overcome certain bugs that can render  westerners a problem . However there is no reason why the hygiene aware westerner should lower their standards . Germs and diseases are spread by poor hygiene , a known fact , and to my mind the Thai folk should be taught and told of the merits of good hygiene . God knows what would happen if there were an active food regulatory body here . The closure of many eating places , I am sure . 

No, because you have been shown hygiene and why you should use it. Here they have not. I ask has Thailand even got a health authority that checks up on business and makes people aware of the dangers I doubt it

On 5/31/2018 at 10:43 PM, dabhand said:

Reminds me of a good few years back in Bangkok. A corn seller puts down her two pans to make a sale. Unseen by the seller, a dog comes up and lifts it's leg and does it's business into one of the pans then walks away.

Kind of puts you off pan carried food for life......!!

How about the scene in the National Lampoon movie "Vacation" where the dog peed on the sandwiches?  "Aunt Edna" eats it anyway.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=798_1329699031

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

As as long as he didn’t pee on his finger/s ..... and only touched his own sausage...

I think you did not watch the end of the video footage. As noted in my earlier post, he is seen wiping his hands on his apron after relieving himself into the bottle. But I must add, he's pretty handy, holding the bottle and his dick at the same time with his left hand. I guess this one-handed effort is why he got p*ss on his hand.

22 hours ago, superal said:

My lady has a restaurant  . The customers toilet is spotless and equipped with a flush toilet with bum gun , shower ( used mostly for mothers to clean their babies / nappy change ) and a hand wash basin both inside and outside of the toilet because as mentioned earlier there is the door knob scenario .  Liquid soap , air freshener and paper tissues for drying your hands .  There is no excuse for poor hygiene , especially where food is concerned and if I am going to eat at a restaurant I always make a point of viewing the toilet first as that can be an indicator of the standard of hygiene used in the kitchen . Some of the toilets I have seen are disgusting and never ever been cleaned but you pay your money and make your choice .   

Have seen street vendors open their stalls late afternoon to reveal chicken that has been there all day from the night before and proceed to cook again for the unaware customers . Have seen them take a piss / dump behind a wall and return to the stall with unwashed hands . Maybe acceptable to Thais as they seem to have a much stronger constitution . Needless to say I never eat street food which apart from the aforementioned is exposed to dust , traffic fumes , insects and customers leaning over the food for their selection . Street vendors are not regulated or controlled for hygiene . 

It's my understanding that it is not a matter of "they seem to have a much stronger constitution" but rather their germs are different than foreigners and they were raised in these germs and developed an immunity. Conversely, they may not have an immunity to our (foreign) germs.

I most certainly do eat street food and have never had a problem in 5 Thai trips. But I also learned long ago, when travelling, treat my stomach with Dukoral and never a problem. I like to be out and about in Thailand, not in my hotel room toilet. 

To get things into perspective, urine might not be as toxic or dirty as some of you folks imagine. There's a long history in many cultures of people drinking urine to cure ailments, and not just their own urine but sometimes the urine from cows and other people.
Now, I'm not suggesting there is any scientific evidence to support that drinking urine has health benefits. Any benefits might be no more than a placebo effect. However, the fact that it has been practiced throughout history by many people would suggest that it is at least not harmful, so there should be nothing to worry about if the occasional food stall cook has a pee in a bottle now and again. ?

"In 1978, the Prime Minister of India, Morarji Desai, a longtime practitioner of urine therapy, spoke to Dan Rather on 60 Minutes about urine therapy. Desai stated that urine therapy was the perfect medical solution for the millions of Indians who cannot afford medical treatment.

British actress Sarah Miles drank her own urine for over thirty years, in claiming the belief that it immunizes against allergies, amongst other health benefits.

Former Major League Baseball player Moisés Alou urinates on his hands to alleviate calluses, which he claims allows him to bat without using batting gloves.

Madonna explained to talk show host David Letterman that she urinates on her own feet in the shower, perhaps to help cure her athlete's foot problem.

Mixed martial arts fighter Lyoto Machida revealed in an interview that he drinks his own urine. His father, Yoshizo Machida, admitted he got Lyoto to start doing that after he couldn't get rid of his cough three years earlier.

Boxer Juan Manuel Márquez drank his own urine during a filmed training session for the HBO series 24/7 promoting the Marquez/Mayweather fight. He revealed that he believed the practice was of great nutritional benefit aiding his intensive workouts.

Author J.D. Salinger is also said to have been an adherent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine_therapy

If anything, wash your hands before going to P. You know where your D has been. Where have your hands been ? What have they touched ?

Urine, a typically sterile liquid by-product of the body, is secreted by the kidneys through a process called urination and excreted through the urethra.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-ap/chapter/urine/

1 hour ago, neeray said:

It's my understanding that it is not a matter of "they seem to have a much stronger constitution" but rather their germs are different than foreigners and they were raised in these germs and developed an immunity. Conversely, they may not have an immunity to our (foreign) germs.

I most certainly do eat street food and have never had a problem in 5 Thai trips. But I also learned long ago, when travelling, treat my stomach with Dukoral and never a problem. I like to be out and about in Thailand, not in my hotel room toilet. 

I have never heard of Dukoral  . Does it work on both bacterial and parasitic infections ?  I had a quick Google which states that there can be side effects almost as bad as the sickness that it is protecting against

( for some people).  Also a non prescription drug but not licensed in the USA for some reason . Do you buy it over the counter ? 

31 minutes ago, superal said:

I have never heard of Dukoral  . Does it work on both bacterial and parasitic infections ?  I had a quick Google which states that there can be side effects almost as bad as the sickness that it is protecting against

( for some people).  Also a non prescription drug but not licensed in the USA for some reason . Do you buy it over the counter ? 

Here is what I know. I am obviously not a Doctor, just a dedicated user. Before I got onto Dukoral, I had a couple ruined vacations in the Caribbean and on cruises. Now, never a problem, and no "side effects".

It used to be by prescription in Canada but now is over the counter. It is a 2-part medication and fairly expensive but in my mind cheap when you consider the cost of a vacation. The only place I travel to now is Thailand.

When I go to the counter, the pharmacist always asks when last taken. Sometimes I only need the "booster" at a much lower cost. I can not answer about "both bacterial and parasitic infections". Please Google a little deeper to find this answer.

I did just search "Dukoral on Amazon" and it is available there.

Hope this helps you. My motto is "don't leave home without it" 555. 

• Like 1