No Exit Stamp From BKK! Please Advise!!!

Quick question for everybody...

I've only flown into and out of Thailand twice (I'm in the USA right now), but on Mar 23 BKK immigration forgot to stamp my passport with an Exit Stamp and I was in such a hurry to catch my flight that I didn't notice... (I did hand it to him, so maybe he scanned it?)...  I'm wondering if it's because I'm an APEC Card Holder so he assumed he doesn't need to?

But, now I'm worried that it might be an issue when I land at BKK later in the week.

I'm a US Citizen with Global Entry, so I don't have an entry stamp proving when I entered the USA in my passport (or do I know if we even do entry stamps...), but I do have the boarding passes from the March 23 trip from BKK > DXB > JFK > FLL.

Has anybody had an issue like this before--one where they left without an exit stamp?

EDIT: NEVERMIND -- I just called immigration and my Passport number and departure date is in their system.

Edited by likethesoup
  • Like 2

Are your sure the departure stamp is not mixed in with other stamps on a page cluttered up with several of them.

If you have your boarding pass for the flight you left on that will take care of any problem you have.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are your sure the departure stamp is not mixed in with other stamps on a page cluttered up with several of them.

If you have your boarding pass for the flight you left on that will take care of any problem you have.

You might have wrote before I updated the post, but no other stamps... Yet, my passport is in their computers so all is well.

I'll just bring the boarding passes for all of the flights in-case systems are down when I land or someone doesn't want to look in the computers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, likethesoup said:

EDIT: NEVERMIND -- I just called immigration and my Passport number and departure date is in their system.

Out of curiosity whom in Immigration did you call, and what was their number? Could be useful info for others who find themselves in a similar predicament.

I have ab APEC card from New Zealand. Each and every  time I leave they BKK they stamp mt passport with departure stamp. It is recorded on their computer. I would go into the Thai embassy in your country and   Make it known to them. Show them your departure flight ticket. Did you fill in your Thai departure docket. I do not think you will have any problem entering again.

3 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Shouldn't have been an issue anyway, you would have received a new entry stamp on return. Job done. 

If he hadn't been entered into the computer, it would have been a major issue. Illegal crossing of the border. It has happened before. People get stopped, delayed, taken aside and interrogated on their return to Thailand.

• Like 2

With respect to the OP's comment about entry stamps into the US,  don't worry about that as there are none for US citizens.  They just swipe the passport into their computer system and place no markings whatsoever within the passport.  I have no clue how we US citizens would ever prove when we re-entered the US other than indirectly through guessing from an exit stamp from another country or via some boarding pass; on the other hand, I'm doubtful we'd ever have the need to prove a date of re-entry (nobody has ever asked me that question after I've re-entered 40-50 times).    

7 hours ago, likethesoup said:

I think some people need to read the above in the OP instead of reading only the topic title.

23 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

So what is the question - I'm confused?

The concern raised in the O/P has been resolved. There may be no stamp in his passport, but the exit was recorded in Thai immigration computers, so problem solved.

If his departure had not been entered in immigration computer system, it would be assumed he never (legally) left the country and, in theory, he could also be accruing an overstay.

13 hours ago, Briggsy said:

If he hadn't been entered into the computer, it would have been a major issue. Illegal crossing of the border. It has happened before. People get stopped, delayed, taken aside and interrogated on their return to Thailand.

Illegal crossing of the border by air? With boarding passes to prove it? Can't see there being a problem mate.

Just now, jossthaifarang said:

Illegal crossing of the border by air? With boarding passes to prove it? Can't see there being a problem mate.

As long as you don't mind being delayed by 2 or 3 hours on arrival and accused of things you didn't do whilst it is all "sorted out".

You can obtain a boarding pass and never board.

There have been similar situations in the past. It is best to sort it out before returning to Thailand if possible. A "no worries, I haven't done anything wrong" attitude is fine but Thai bureaucracy likes to see their stamps.

• Like 1