Tire pressures

Hope this is not a silly question, just changed my Nmax standard tires for Pirelli diablo rosso scooter, are the tire pressures the same as the standard Tire?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not a silly question at all. Safety is paramount and I’d suggest referring to the makers website or maybe larger dealers not necessarily in LOS. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

These Pirelli are more like a big bike tire, I'll put in what the bike sticker says which is 22psi front, 36psi rear.

But they are the same advertised dimensions.....?

Surprised at 22psi on the front, but if that's what they recommend give it a try..

What size are they, for instance our bike is 90/90x14..

14 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Makes sense, reason I asked is that the shop put 25psi(rear) standard Tire 36psi.

What? They didn't bloat them to 55 psi? LOL.

Anyway, just checked a few sites. Most owners of this tire model are running 36 front AND rear. Then I would adjust them from there. You'll probably lower the front pressure and maybe keep the rears as they are. Guys of the heavy persuasion are pumping the rears up to 42. Check your bike handbook for operating weight and tire pressures.

• Like 1

Are they same tyre sizes as OEM originals if so no-brainer.

If you have fitted a larger/wider tyre then recommended psi can be different but not by any significant difference.

On a motorcycle/scoot you can go 6 psi either way of recommended to suit your particular ride weight/ luggage/ passenger whatever no worries.

My motorcycle tyres are different sizes back & front and 22 psi for both, I run with 22 f / 24 r although 2 psi is not much but it increases obviously when on a ride.