Ubonjoe: Or anyone with exp.

Is it always a requirement that the work permit must be canceled before exiting the country with the Non B?  Last time I went to Mukdahan, I was held up for 30 minutes where they would not let me exit without that receipt from the labor office.

I am at that situation now, where I simply want to leave, and enter with my yet to expire Non O Multi (expires in late June). I simply do not want to wait for the yahoos at work to drag their feet.

Any help is appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

The B visa I have has the notation that it is for a job. The entry on the non O I am not worried about. It is the exit that I am worried about, as the B expires in October.

I am not sure how you can have two valid visas at the same time. Or do you actually have an extension of stay issued by immigration  based upon working the ends in October.

If you have an extension of stay you will need a termination letter dated on or after the date you leave the country.

9 minutes ago, allane said:

To the OP, if I may: How did you resolve the situation last time, after being "held up for 30 minutes"?

I told them that financially, to return to Phuket for that letter is too much. The school took a long time to cancel. She brought over some gorilla and he nodded and I was gone.

4 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Ubon. Yes, the B is the extension of stay due to the work permit (they converted my multi O to B). The O sticker from Savanakeht is not stamped canceled.

They did not convert your visa. They extended the 90 day entry from your non-o visa. Non immigrant visa categories cannot be changed. In reality there was no need for the extension. You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa based upon marriage.

It should be easy to get a termination letter from your employer stating the date you will no longer be working.

Is there any particular reason you are using the crossing a at Mukdahan. There are other crossing that will not ask for the letter.

Just clarify one point which is not clear from the previous posts. Do you currently have a valid work permit, or was the work permit canceled without canceling you extension of stay on the basis of working? You should be aware that, once you are no longer working for the company, the extension of stay is no longer valid, and you can be deemed to have overstayed your permission to stay. As you have been informed above, none of this affects your multiple entry Non O. Once your extension of stay on the basis of working is canceled, you can easily do a border hop for a 90-day entry on the Non O.

I have a valid work permit. But they are taking forever to cancel after leaving the job. I want to leave without issues at the border.

I will re-enter on my Multiple Entry O. That sticker expires late June, so I need to do the visa run pretty soon. I just don't want drama at the border about exiting because I do not have the B visa not canceled.

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

I have a valid work permit. But they are taking forever to cancel after leaving the job. I want to leave without issues at the border.

I will re-enter on my Multiple Entry O. That sticker expires late June, so I need to do the visa run pretty soon. I just don't want drama at the border about exiting because I do not have the B visa not canceled.

Can you draft a letter from your company stating the last date of your employment (the day you plan on doing your border hop) and have the company sign it. You can then take the letter to immigration and they will cancel the extension of stay effective on that date. That will resolve the border issues. Whether the work permit has been officially canceled is not important at the border.

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

" Ubon. Yes, the B is the extension of stay due to the work permit (they converted my multi O to B). The O sticker from Savanakeht is not stamped canceled. "

Sounds like you're here on an extension of stay, in which case your non O has no relevance anymore.