And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

8. 34

Indian Woman Strips in Defence Against Theft Claim

9. 38

Are Older Men in Thailand Trading Love for Financial Ruin

10. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

11. 2,488

Thai gov. to tax (remitted) income from abroad for tax residents starting 2024 - Part II

12. 165

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

13. 25

Israeli Interrogator Warns of Continued Violence as Long as Hamas Leader Sinwar Lives

14. 72

A good hotdog

Cor blimey! "Tasty" Pattaya noodle vendor packing them in

webfact

Cor blimey! "Tasty" Pattaya noodle vendor packing them in

7PM.jpg

Pictures (2): Pattaya News

Pattaya News reported that an attractive noodle vendor in Bang Lamung was getting a big clientele.

This might have as much to do with her sexy looks as her great food.

Pattaya News referred to her as "saep" a north eastern dialect word used universally in Thailand to mean "tasty".

35144079_2012049265780029_59951945246310400_n.jpg

But 25 year old Sirin - or "Sai" - Sri-ariyanon is not just a pretty face and a dab hand with the wok.

She has a degree in Political Science from Burapha University.

After qualifying she said she wanted to follow in her mum's footsteps and open a noodle shop.

A regular job using her degree and being told what to do was not for this bright cookie.

She wanted to be her own boss.

A year ago she opened the shop in Soi Nong Ket Yai giving it the name "Phor Phiang". It is a popular name that refers to self sufficiency and was used by his late majesty Rama IX in reference to his economic and charitable initiatives.

Sai serves duck noodles, fish noodles, yentafo and duck krapao.

And what of her sexy clothes and snappy dress sense?

"I like clothes and I like to dress properly and well," she casually told reporters who dropped in for a bite of her delicious wares. 

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News Cor blimey! "Tasty" Pattaya noodle vendor packing them in
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

I'd say with that, or a degree in Social Science you have to become a noodle vendor or SomTam artist if you intend to have a serious job in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

If i'd paid for my kid 3-4 years worth of Uni & all the expenses it recquired, and at the end of it, she wanted to follow in her mum's footsteps and open a noodle shop, i'd be well pi$$ed off!

No problem with the noodle shop bit, it's the waste of time & money doing the Uni bit.

Currently have a similar situation, where our daughter is halfway through a 4 year Uni course. Chinese language, English language, Business studies inc tourism sector, blah blah blah.

She's a really bright kid, hard worker, clever, and I just think Uni will be a waste of time and money for her. Lend her a mil TB and I reckon she'd be successful in whatever business she sets herself up in...

I'd suggest education in and of itself is  unlikely to be  a bad thing or a waste.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

After qualifying she said she wanted to follow in her mum's footsteps and open a noodle shop.

A regular job using her degree and being told what to do was not for this bright cookie.

Kind of shows how little value a Thai degree has. ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'd suggest education in and of itself is  unlikely to be  a bad thing or a waste.

Yeah, i'm not disagreeing with you, but i personally know three self made millionaires in Pounds Sterling, two of whom could not read nor write when they left school at 15, and the other was dyslexic...

Me personally, did pretty well for myself, and i could not get out of school quick enough aged 16.

• Thanks 1