Trump quip about North Korea's Kim sparks outcry on social media

rooster59

14 minutes ago, wombat said:

'it was the latest example of a Trump remark about strongmen leaders - .............delivered in a deadpan style -........... to fall flat and fuel perceptions among his critics that the president admires autocrats'

only the left could spin a story in this way.....it is so sad the way everything trumpy says is twisted

Lefties are offended 24/7

1 hour ago, Trouble said:

It was said in jest. Actually it was humorous.  I guess many in the media just don't want to get it as it gives them a chance to make an issue out of nothing. 

Trump revs up the left daily. He loves it. The left are slow learners.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Seems to me that it's you who don't know sarcasm. I can teach you, and you can pay me thru one of your charities.

You see, that's sarcasm.

Yes, Sarcasm 101 was one of the least attended classes at Trump University.

And he does whine like a little baby when he doesn't get his way, which is vintage Trump Whine, Non-Classico Reserva.

The favorite of the White Nationalists...doesn't stain one's "sheet"...

jefford-Trump-Wine-1-630x417.jpg

30 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Trump revs up the left daily. He loves it. The left are slow learners.

Yes this is the kind of "deadpan humorist sarcasm", Turks, Russians, North Koreans, Chinese, get at once, humor without borders!  

"US press is the biggest enemy", an other joke 

and the best " I have the absolute right to PARDON myself"..

LOL

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "kim jong un mob"

Edited by Opl

Probably partial to Kim’s troops gose step as well lol hope he was kidding but after seeing that department head meeting a few months back I’m not so sure I’ve never witnessed a more shameless display of sucking up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Probably partial to Kim’s troops gose step as well lol hope he was kidding but after seeing that department head meeting a few months back I’m not so sure I’ve never witnessed a more shameless display of sucking up 

There's a huge number of brown noses in Washington. But of course, they're all there to "serve their country". It's not about personal gain or notoriety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Whatever Trump says, there will be hordes of detractors, but he is still the best president U.S. has ever had ?

Based on what???   Have you met all the presidents, even read a single biography of any of them... some of the stupidest statements ever made , hearing someone sing of best in the world, unless you have heard everyone sing you can’t back it up. Now had you said best I ever heard/saw/read about, then its opinion, not fact which I’d correct.

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But he doesn't have access to the firing codes... no POTUS has.

Get over it.

has access to a nuclear arsenal"

That is always one of the most stupid things people say about a U.S. president.

It's not as if the president can get up in the middle of the night and fire off a few nukes. He just doesn't have that ability. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

has access to a nuclear arsenal"

That is always one of the most stupid things people say about a U.S. president.

It's not as if the president can get up in the middle of the night and fire off a few nukes. He just doesn't have that ability. 

Image associée

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, neeray said:

"it is so sad the way everything trumpy says is twisted"

According to most posters who reacted to this thread, it is tRump who is "twisted", not what he said.

Doesn't put "most posters who reacted to this thread" in a very positive light, now does it ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Whatever Trump says, there will be hordes of detractors, but he is still the best president U.S. has ever had ?

Fortunately history will be judging him on his words, policies and actions. The judgement will be fair...thus harsh judgement on The Donald an his ilk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sitting, kneeling, standing - tRump has lost it.

So at the military parade do we sit? Stand? 

Half-expecting to see a dozen Secret Service agents jogging next to the presidential limo now.

Military parade! They will have like, guns and tanks and sh*t. You don't stand and it could get ugly :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Justfine said:

Sad that people have no sense of humour these days

I guess I have to refer you to message No: 18
(By the way, I attached a copy below)

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Wow! Slow down a bit. I do think everything he say is funny, and I am laughing at the guy everytime I read about him.
I even call him, and see him as, a clown. What more can you ask for?

4 hours ago, Becker said:

So in English-English is hillbilly another word for liberal??

If the answer is "no" then you're obviously a very confused individual.

No, it means someone who is sensitive, sad, needs to get out into the community more, and just an all round jerk. There are no politics involved at all.

• Like 2

Yeah, saw this in another article last night.  It hadn't been pounced upon yet but I figured it would be, eventually.  And so here it is.  LOL.

Very embarrassing because it's a Freudian window into how simple simon he is, and another example of his uncontrolled blurting issues.

image.png.e2c4ac4177af9b8cd961d1f71337129c.png

He admires Putin as a strong leader, even through he's a killer. 

Kim now, fascinated and attracted by people snapping to attention when he walks into the room.  Trump needs to be told, again, that they do that out of fear, not respect or real loyalty.  The punishment for not being a sycophant yes man in NK is likely to be more than simply being told, "You're Fired!".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sungod said:

No, it means someone who is sensitive, sad, needs to get out into the community more, and just an all round jerk. There are no politics involved at all.

So according to you hillbilly means "someone who is sensitive, sad, needs to get out into the community more"?

Gotcha!:crazy:

"Trump Twitter praises his supporters as most ‘loyal in countries history’ — after wishing Americans were more like Kim Jong-un subjects"

"President Donald Trump on Saturday claimed that no politician in America’s history had ever had better supporters. 

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/trump-twitter-praises-supporters-loyal-countries-history-wishing-americans-like-kim-jong-un-subjects/

Edited by Opl
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I like Trump...a lot!  He will already go down in History as one of the best and we'll see by the end of this term where he stands.  What's even more impressive is he is getting the job done under enormous opposition from everywhere.  I love that he can do that.  Go Trump!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

He also referred to his supporters as his followers. Does he have a prophet complex? Is he a God, or  Guru with followers, or a politician with supporters? I believe he was being absolutely serious about wanting to be president for life, and about wielding absolute power over his "followers". He wants to be a dictator, and has no respect for democratic principals, the free media, and those who oppose him. He wants to be like his buddies Kim the serial killer, and King Vlad. Give him enough power, and he will attempt to destroy our democracy. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1