If you moan about Thai people maybe the problem rests with you

rooster59

46 minutes ago, Stoker58 said:

My home country doesn’t see sixty fresh dead bodies on the roads every day. If I complain about Thai behaviour there’s a solid reason behind it, and there are things they need to change.

Your home country doesn't have 75% scooters.  If it did, they would see 60+ traffic deaths each day.

Just be thankful your home country's economy doesn't force most people to choose unsafe modes of transport.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Obviously Thailand isn't as developed as many western nations but we all know that and many of us still prefer living in Thailand to living in our home countries. 

I'm trying to do my bit to encourage change by setting a good example by driving properly and couteously and by declining unnecessary plastic bags or straws etc.

In general I find Thai people to be hard working and caring.

I lived in Rhodesia / Zimbabwe for 20 years and Thailand and it's people are very civilised in comparison. 

I also lived in Brussels for a couple of years when my partner was working there and I had to report to the equivalent of an amphoe and was categorised as a concubine. That was around the turn of the millennium. 

I'm treated well by Thai people.

• Like 2

Seems to me some people just like  to complain about anything you can complain about the amount of deaths accidents on the roads in Thailand 

wont make any difference until the Thai Authories get more serious with giving out more severe penalties 

same as the Brits old saying  complaining about the weather nothing changes 

but you chose to live here so accept things as they are 

can always live in hope things will get better

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

as i have never taken the pedestal stance  i dont feel the need to complain

however lets not get away from the truth  the general level of common sense/service/customer service/and the general subject of which we talk about leaves a whole lot to be desired

by anyones standards  all in all   i find it to be   somewhat frustrating

by the way i would think YOUR pedestal is taller than NELSONS COLLUMB

By all accounts Nelson had a modest "Collumb"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I think it is not the people, as much as it is the way things get done, that people get riled up about. Lots of nice folks to surround yourself with. But then the time comes to get something done. Sometimes those things are quite important.

Cheeseman is right that when you drop your expectations things get easier. But there is a cost to that too.

and that "cost"  is the one "you" end up paying, if  the Thais had to pay it would be a different story.

Personally I find many Thais lazy,selfish, careless, thoughtless.

Havent seen much to change my opinion in over 12  years.

Have a few  Thai friends who are very nice, saying that I think   my description of Thais fits many people in the world especially these  days, the world of "self" it seems.

So what if I moan about em, they dont care and neither should you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

This negativism is why we get conflicts between countries, religion and the likes. If we do not understand the other person, we look at them as unequal and somehow less of an individual than ourselves

I rarely interact on a personal level with anyone, anywhere.

If you don't talk to them, employ them or have relationship with them, you have no need to moan about them.

This works anywhere in the world. Mail order, 7-11 & Tesco is a wonderful thing.

I call myself a 'digital hermit'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The way I see it is, Thailand is not perfect, but then again where I came from, Sydney, it is too perfect, controlling a more appropriate word.

Sure when I look at Thai's I say to myself how the fark, but then I am sure if they were in Sydney, they would say how the fark.

I would have loved to have been raised in an environment that is as stress-less as it is here in Thailand, as opposed to the stressed-out environment I was raised in, in Sydney.

So when I look at someone driving erratically, riding a motorcycle without a helmet or a young child on it, no police to be seen within coo-ee, food prepared on the street in an unhygienic way, check out staff at Lotus or Big C not being able to handle more than one customer at a time, i.e. someone holding up the que while something is checking an items price to confirm the cost, eg, stand aside please, next, yiatta yiatta yiatta, I just take a breath and say, do you want to go back to Sydney, and then realise, no, I am not in a hurry anymore, I am living the dream, so no complaints from me, it is what it is, and perfect I do not want because I know it doesn't exist, so I lower my expectations and smile, while I bite my tongue, gently 555 

• Like 1