One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting - Swedish police

webfact

One killed, four injured in Malmo shooting - Swedish police

2018-06-18T194900Z_1_LYNXMPEE5H1TB_RTROPTP_4_SWEDEN-SHOOTING.JPG

Police stand next to a cordon after a shooting on a street in central Malmo, Sweden June 18, 2018. TT News Agency/Johan Nilsson/via REUTERS

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - One person was killed and four others wounded in a shooting in the coastal city of Malmo in southern Sweden on Monday night, police said.

All five were taken to hospital after the shooting.

"An 18-year-old man died during the night," said police spokesman Stephan Soderholm.

Police were questioning witnesses after sealing off the area where the shooting took place. No arrests had been made, and police said there were no signs the incident was related to terrorism.

(Reporting by Johan Sennero; editing by John Stonestreet and Tom Brown)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-06-19

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Perhaps gun laws are not the magic bullet we are being told? Is it possible criminals would not adhere 100% to gun laws? Food for thought.

" It is illegal for a civilian in Sweden to carry a firearm, unless for a specific, legal purpose;such as hunting or attending shooting ranges"

https://www.sweden.org.za/gun-laws-in-sweden.html

Now, followers of the real situation in Sweden will be heartened to know that help is possibly on the way for the poor native Swedes. Finally, enough of them have twigged to the reality of what is happening to their previously peaceful country. Sweden Democrats are now polling no1 party in Sweden and an election will be held in September. Fingers crossed for an end to the madness.

Yeah...1 shooting with 1 casualty (bad enough, mind you) once in a blue moon, compared to 1 shooting with 1 casualty on an almost daily basis!

Apples and oranges!

I did not have breakfast today- guess I have an eating disorder! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Desperate BS argument to keep your beloved guns, gun crimes in the rest of the world including Sweden are dwarfed compared to the USA.

We don't need an argument to keep our guns. We have the 2nd A.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not just guns. You have the right to carry arms. 

Your founding fathers were wise, visionary and honest beyond belief. They were honest enough to recognize how power corrupts and how governments can seek to become rulers not servants of the people. They attempted to put provisions in place to stop that. 

Just look to Europe where the "old democracies" have eroded such rights from their citizens who have to rely on the state for protection and security.

Sweden ranks 10th worldwide for per capita gun ownership, yet in comparison the US has approx seven times the rate of homicide by gun.

Got to say I'm curious why certain members are concerned about the OP as the murdered and injured is gang on gang. Some may be interested in the article below.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2018/03/08/why-are-young-men-in-sweden-shooting-each-other

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Sweden ranks 10th worldwide for per capita gun ownership, yet in comparison the US has approx seven times the rate of homicide by gun.

Got to say I'm curious why certain members are concerned about the OP as the murdered and injured is gang on gang. Some may be interested in the article below.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2018/03/08/why-are-young-men-in-sweden-shooting-each-other

There seems to be a rise of gang violence, street crimes and robbery of individuals in many European countries. 

Citizens have been led to believe the state will protect them. It has failed. And in the UK, the answer is to introduce more restrictions which makes it harder for citizens to protect themselves. There is still a pandering to this PC view that if you ban something, make it illegal that criminals will not break the law.

Classic case of enforcing laws on those that wouldn't break them but ignoring reality and patting themselves on the back and bragging about their new legislation. Classic fiddling while Rome burns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

There is still a pandering to this PC view that if you ban something, make it illegal that criminals will not break the law.

Is it not true a large number of guns used by criminals are stolen from licensed owners. Personally I have not read the case you talk to above by lawmakers. In fact I understand your argument is a right wing PC myth presented as fact.

On 6/19/2018 at 10:09 AM, DM07 said:

Yeah...1 shooting with 1 casualty (bad enough, mind you) once in a blue moon, compared to 1 shooting with 1 casualty on an almost daily basis!

Apples and oranges!

I did not have breakfast today- guess I have an eating disorder! 

There is shootings almost every day in Sweden now. 

Thanks to the stupid government's "open door politic".

Hopefully the Swedish Democrats will have enough votes in September to be able to take action against the 100 000 illegal immigrants. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, simple1 said:

Interesting article. I can't believe any refugee who got to Sweden would ever want to leave.  They say it takes years for immigrants to get into crime.  This I doubt. These refugees came from violent and lawless places. Violence including religious violence was their way of life. Also, Sweden has its PC head in the sand about crimes of sexual violence. Perhaps the police are handicapped in arresting the "wrong" people.  The people of Sweden might be disappointed to find that their violent criminals are not "Asians."

There are so many amendments to the US constitution it must be  a flawed document .

Americans are mad.The best countries to live in are those that ban most firearms.

If Americans are so suspicious of their governments motives then why live in that overpopulated  slave wages country.

1 hour ago, gintis0604 said:

There is shootings almost every day in Sweden now. 

Thanks to the stupid government's "open door politic".

Hopefully the Swedish Democrats will have enough votes in September to be able to take action against the 100 000 illegal immigrants. 

Please show me some prove of your statement.

"shootings almost every day..."

I will settle with the reports of shootings on any 3 consecutive days, you can find!

Oh...let me guess: there are no reports, because the fake media is in on the conspiracy with the Swedish government, to cover up the wrong doings of illegal immigrants, to push an Islamic agenda...right?!

But you know, that there is one shooting almost everyday, because some right-wing politician has teld you so...right?!

Or because the uncle of colleagues fathers friend has heard about it from ...someone in a village, that is overrun by immigrants and forces blonde Swedish girls to wear Burkhas...right?!

:coffee1:

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, Baerboxer said:

Just look to Europe where the "old democracies" have eroded such rights from their citizens who have to rely on the state for protection and security.

Do you want all the nutters carrying guns after having a long night out and not been able to get laid?

On 6/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, Baerboxer said:

Not just guns. You have the right to carry arms. 

Your founding fathers were wise, visionary and honest beyond belief. They were honest enough to recognize how power corrupts and how governments can seek to become rulers not servants of the people. They attempted to put provisions in place to stop that. 

Yes, that is one of the general accepted duties of the state: protect its citizens.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Do you want all the nutters carrying guns after having a long night out and not been able to get laid?

No I want society, and that includes the police who can only be effective when policing by consent and with the community's support to ensure nutters don't go out, get pissed and/or drugged up, and if unable to find a willing partner even for a financial contribution turn violent.

Disarming law abiding normal citizens and family members won't do anything to stop those nutters. Neither will PC policing.

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, that is one of the general accepted duties of the state: protect its citizens.

And do you think that the UK and US or other Western States are doing that?

Do you think that protecting its citizens equates to disarming them, and removing their right to self protection?

3 hours ago, lanista said:

There are so many amendments to the US constitution it must be  a flawed document .

Americans are mad.The best countries to live in are those that ban most firearms.

If Americans are so suspicious of their governments motives then why live in that overpopulated  slave wages country.

The UK virtually bans firearms. Hasn't stopped criminals using them regularly.  China has banned firearms for its civilian citizens. 

So you prefer a totalitarian state then? 

Do you think the Chinese people dare challenge their government like Americans do?

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No I want society, and that includes the police who can only be effective when policing by consent and with the community's support to ensure nutters don't go out, get pissed and/or drugged up, and if unable to find a willing partner even for a financial contribution turn violent.

Disarming law abiding normal citizens and family members won't do anything to stop those nutters. Neither will PC policing.

Well, disarming normal citizens carrying guns in public has clearly worked well in Europe. We have fraction of the shootings, the violence and the fear of others compared to USA or El Salvador.

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

And do you think that the UK and US or other Western States are doing that?

Do you think that protecting its citizens equates to disarming them, and removing their right to self protection?

US: no, others: yes. And yes, removing arms is required to protect. Otherwise any nutter will run around armed, see the USA. And the numbers indicate it is working well.

Edited by stevenl