Coronation to take place before poll: PM Prayut

webfact

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah me too, don't understand westerners being bothered by it.

My wife is happy with him being in charge and if she wasn't that wouldn't bother either.

Your wife's opinion has little influence on the things I am bothered by or not bothered by.

• Confused 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very well played by prayut and the junta, suspect there is some complicity there as well, but shan't go into details as to where.

a hole card was played and due to its face value, no one can object.

very well played indeed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eligius said:

But this was all so obvious! Lots of us saw this coming - and we did not need to be geniuses to predict it (any more than we are geniuses when we predict that a certain SAD OCCASION will be used to delay politics for months - maybe a year - to come afterwards)!

There is nothing clever about what Prayut has done, is doing, or will do. When you are a playground bully (with tanks, guns, and bombs) and all the kids around you have their hands, arms and legs tightly bound, and you have a POWERFUL PERSON in your corner - you can do whatever you want. Nothing clever, or smart, or astute about it at all.

There are many adjectives I could apply to such behaviour - but I'll leave those to the reader's imagination!

true.

this jockeying has been years in the making, all unrest, protest in thailand has been the factions jostling for power awaiting a certain event. 

now that the worst has finally happened the clear victor has emerged and it is clear who had backing from the outset.

ah complicity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

Once again, Farangs, or non-Thai folks make it their business where they have no business making this subject their business. There is another song appropriate for this matter "Blowing in the Wind."

It is their business 

It's everyone's business. 

They are tourists here. 

They invest money here. 

They have businesses here. 

They have families here that they support. 

That's why Prayut is off on a world relations tour. 

The foreigners and their wares are greatly needed here. 

So it's everyone's business what kind of government will emerge. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

My fault not including non elected, corrupt and conniving junta government. Now surely you can agree. 

Not yet.

If an ‘elected’ government is more/same corrupt/conniving then there is no benefit in changing the status quo.

The Roadmap to Democracy, evidently drafted by M. C. Escher.

This, along with the first execution in 9 years, were quite the bombshells to drop before jetting off to London and Paris.

I imagine he's going to be complaining to PM May about Yingluck's visa?

4 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

So you are upset that foreign people are discussing thai issues on a forum that is expressly designed for foreign people to discuss thai issues?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Trouble is the big people are telling the little people it is not their business either. Why not?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Once again, Farangs, or non-Thai folks make it their business where they have no business making this subject their business. There is another song appropriate for this matter "Blowing in the Wind."

you do realise that the families who regained their powet and wealth, raised the army, defeated the burmese then went in to create Thonburi and Bangkok as new capitals; were MON,INDIAN,PERSIAN with a mix of Islam, Aryan cultures.

So who the hell are Thai's. Does anyone know?

or do you mean those with thai passports like the chinese immigrants from the last 130 years, are they Thai? or do you they still think there're chinese

• Like 1