Coronation to take place before poll: PM Prayut

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Surprise surprise another stalling this individual apparently has no remorse who he lies to ! Thai people wake up !

If this doesn't wake up the Thai people nothing will....he is treading, and spitting, on sacred ground.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, greenchair said:

If I had a dollar for every time I said there would not be an election in February, I'd be a millionaire. 

What surprises me is. ...

Why are people surprised? 

I didn't think anybody was...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, baboon said:

I didn't think anybody was...

Yeah me too, don't understand westerners being bothered by it.

My wife is happy with him being in charge and if she wasn't that wouldn't bother either.

13 minutes ago, baboon said:

Then I am a little confused as to why you mentioned it...

Me, I am bothered because I hate self-appointed moralist types and also because I have a Thai daughter I do not want to see grow up under a gun.

You must be grateful that Thaksin will never return.................. plenty of guns on his watch.

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

He's not allowed to answer that. 

Do you think thats a good thing or a bad thing? 

I think its pretty obvious what I think, now what do you think about a country that doesnt allow that sort of  free speech, stifles its citizens and feeds them total BS for more than 70+ years creating myths

And there we have it - his nerve finally broke - and that ladies and gentlemen, is probably the end of Prayuth and his sponsors' bold experiment.

He is now counting on being able to cash in on what he believes will be a wave of national euphoria.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, kannot said:

Its  ok Im a  "Buddhist"..you might have to think about that one?

Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, Christian ..... I don't really care. But the mods on TVF might care about this comment "assassination with any luck". Maybe not, just saying.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister broke with tradition in linking the royal ceremony with a political event.

I think more than tradition was broken.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lèse_majesté_in_Thailand

Remember also that Prayut has declared himself no longer a Soldier (promoted as politically 'neutral') but a Politician and willing Candidate to several pro-military political parties as the next elected PM.

The installation of a newly elected government (and immediate dissolution of the NCPO as per the 2017 Constitution!) follows royal endorsement of the new government (essentially the Parliament).

As such the date of the royal ceremony should not have any affect on the election date but merely affect only the date for replacement of Prayut's government with the new government.

Prayut owes Someone a serious apology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The prime minister is due to leave for visits of England and France during June 20-25 during which he will make clarifications about the election roadmap.

Obviously that will be clarifications to the clarifications he made on his US trip, and for sure there will be clarifications to the clarifications he will make on his Europe trip.

THis guy deserves the nick name big joke, or should it be bad joke?

13 minutes ago, madmitch said:

I'd guess that in order to keep the peace, the ban on political activity will be imposed until after the Coronation.

How convenient !

And how aggravating to others, political parties, Thai citizens (some).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Whether he return or not is unimportant. Most just want the corrupt and conniving junta out. 

If you could guarantee a non-corrupt and conniving government in it's place I would agree wholeheartedly.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Then I am a little confused as to why you mentioned it...

Me, I am bothered because I hate self-appointed moralist types and also because I have a Thai daughter I do not want to see grow up under a gun.

You say I do not want to see grow up under a gun, I guess living in the South you would say that, I think that is a hysterical and exaggerated remark no ones been pointed guns at me or my family.

We will have to agree to disagree I have a son & daughter and all their friends 2 of which are in the army as a job are not bother about Prayuth they just getting on with their lives.

26 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

If you could guarantee a non-corrupt and conniving government in it's place I would agree wholeheartedly.

My fault not including non elected, corrupt and conniving junta government. Now surely you can agree.