Help with router understanding

ballbreaker

We currently have 2 fiber internet 50/25 Mbps lines connected to Linksys RV082 Dual Wan router configured for load balancing and 8 switch outputs configured for 8 different VLAN's.  Each router switch output goes to a different building floor and connects to 1 Gbps switch.  The switch on each floor then feeds 8 condo's on that floor.  All the cables are CAT 5e.  I would like to see 1 Gbps router installed but not likely going to happen.

A couple checks at different condo's in the building show around 85/50 Mbps.  I understand you will not see 100/50 Mbps because NAT, other processing and users take away some of the bandwidth.  Speed test were conducted during low building use time period.

The specs on the RV 82 router says NAT throughput is 200 Mbps.  The  WAN and switch ports rates are 10/100 Mbps.  I assume you can still run router in load balancing with 100 Mbps on inputs.

If the building increases the 2 internet connections to 100/50 Mbps I suspect each condo might actually see 100 Mbps download speed.  I also suspect slowdowns will be less during high building usage because of increased internet bandwidth.

Will the max speed for each condo remain the same, increase or decrease if we double internet connection bandwidth?

Will each condo see fewer if any slowdowns if we double internet connection bandwidth?

Do you see any problem that might pop up if building doubles internet bandwidth using the current router?

I used RV042 with 2 WAN Internet. 

If you double internet connection bandwidth and test with www.speedtest.net you will see max speed is 100Mbps. . But actually when we surfing the web it go through only 1 wan connection. (50Mbps). I think these Load balance router has a problem with HTTPS. It's doen't help much about HTTPS when do load balance.

Then I change to use OLD PC and install Pfsense OS. And I think this is better than using RV Router a lot.

Two thoughts:

1. I used a Cisco load balancing device a few years ago. Summary: It never really worked the way it was suppose to work. Maybe your device is better but maybe it's better to avoid load balancing completely and just use two or more internet connections and split them for the buildings and users.

2. How do you limit the usage from each individual user. If only one of them downloads files with a torrent client just that one connection might use all your bandwidth.

bteentalk thanks for response....

Thanks for comment on load balance issues which I will continue to research.

Pfsense would be an option but that would be down the road not anytime since we do not have anyone on staff that is a qualified IT person.

OneMoreFarang thanks for feedback.....

The design of the the network currently installed does not allow control of just one condo but we've been lucky with no major problems over the years I have lived here.  I would love to see new dual WAN 1 ghz router and new managed switches to replace all the hardware but not easy to make happen in condo building.