Trump says North Korea has returned remains of 200 U.S. war dead

webfact

Trump says North Korea has returned remains of 200 U.S. war dead

2018-06-21T030055Z_1_LYNXMPEE5K03Z_RTROPTP_4_USA-TRUMP.JPG

U.S. President Donald Trump holds a rally with supporters in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S. June 20, 2018. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

DULUTH, Minn. (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said North Korea had returned on Wednesday the remains of 200 U.S. troops missing from the Korean War, although there was no official confirmation of the move from military authorities.

"We got back our great fallen heroes, the remains sent back today, already 200 got sent back," Trump told a crowd of supporters during a rally in Duluth, Minnesota.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said on Tuesday that in coming days North Korea would hand over a "sizeable number" of remains to United Nations Command in South Korea, and they would then be transferred to Hickam Air Force Base in Hawaii.

Trump met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at a historic summit last week in Singapore, and said in a news conference afterwards that Kim had agreed to return the remains of U.S. soldiers.

About 7,700 U.S. military personnel remain unaccounted from the 1950-1953 Korean War, U.S. military data show. According to the Pentagon, North Korean officials have indicated in the past that they have the remains of as many as 200 U.S. troops. More than 36,500 U.S. troops died in the conflict.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason, additional reporting by Idris Ali; writing by Eric Walsh; editing by Richard Pullin)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-06-21

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Full rally...

I dont get the point of these preaching to the converted rallies, A little like asking my mum if she thinks I am good looking, of course she will say yes.

Just like the audience on the shopping channel, we pretty much understand they are paid or arranged  to be there.

Edited by Peterw42

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I think he does it to make himself feel good. It's his form of masturbation.

He's clearly not getting any at home, can't schtup his daughter, probably can't even see his little donny, so he's got to hit the road to sell merch made in Chiner.

Is that correct , I understand that you are saying that Donald doesnt have sex at home, and that he can not see his penis and his rallys are a form of masturbation , but what do you mean he cannot "sctup is daughter" ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Welcome home, 200 heroes.??

I think everyone will echo your call when the remains are actually returned. Hopefully, the parents of these brave soldiers who lobbied Trump during the campaign, will be on hand to join President Trump when their remains ultimately returned.

U.S. Expects North Korea to Return Troop Remains in the Coming Days

Six decades after the Korean War, Washington expects the remains of 200 U.S. soldiers and allied service members to return from Pyongyang in the coming days.

While the exact date and location of the transfer has yet to be finalized, officials told CNN the Trump administration will be ready for the ceremony as soon as next week if North Korea moves on the arrangements that quickly.

http://time.com/5316872/war-remains-return-north-korea/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, korkenzieher said:

Preaching to the converted takes the MSM out of the loop. Friends, family, associates all get the mobile phone clips. And it proves that with his base, Donald is seriously popular. If the Democrats and MSM think they are winning this, they are going to get a serious wake up call in November, and a hell of a shock in 2020.

Which is why the Republicans are doing so well in Wisconsin in special elections?

Returning remains is good the parents are dead I think trump gets off by bullying the helpless rember Easter Sunday when he was screaming daca is dead?stressing out kids that don’t have papers?and his latest locking up toddlers without there parents that’s deep Donald really deep you sicko help those country’s that need it so those people stay home ya nut job

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Hopefully, the parents of these brave soldiers who lobbied Trump during the campaign, will be on hand to join President Trump when their remains ultimately returned.

That is going to be an awfully interesting site to see. He said "thousands" of parents had asked him to bring home the remains of their sons. Non of the parents are actually alive.

To be clear, Trump said at the rally that North Korea had ALREADY returned the remains of 200 soldiers. He is an out and out lying SOB (Presidentially used term).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

That is going to be an awfully interesting site to see. He said "thousands" of parents had asked him to bring home the remains of their sons. Non of the parents are actually alive.

To be clear, Trump said at the rally that North Korea had ALREADY returned the remains of 200 soldiers. He is an out and out lying SOB (Presidentially used term).

That's a lot of centenarians.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, simple1 said:

Yep, lying again, even about the return of remains of US service people. His base keeps on supporting him, its astonishing even on issues that must be core to their sense of being American.

Trump said on Wednesday the remains of 200 American servicemen had already been sent back, following on from the agreement he reached with Kim in Singapore.

Two U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that while North Korea was expected to return the remains of soldiers in coming days, they had not yet been returned.

That was my thought... first it says he said 200 were already returned, and a lot more to come... then it says that N. Korea says that it has remains of 200.  So where are the rest coming from?  (Yes, I know it says N. Korea says they have "at least" 200, which doesn't exclude the possibility that there are scads more, but wouldn't it be in their favor for good publicity if they were to actually specify that they had more they were going to return?)

18 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

You may have misunderstood .

The remains have been handed over to a U.S. military base in South Korea and they will be flown to U.S mainland at a later date

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

You may have misunderstood .

The remains have been handed over to a U.S. military base in South Korea and they will be flown to U.S mainland at a later date

I didn't misunderstand anything, did you? The remans of 200 war heroes have NOT been handed in to a US Military base in South Korea. The US Military know nothing about it.

Edited by Andaman Al
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Justfine said:

You lot would complain no matter what he said. Sad really.

First potus to have the balls to meet with NK leader and get things moving.

If only you guys had a set the same size.

You mean because previous presidents were afraid of the Kims? I don't know about other presidents' balls but it speaks well of their brains that they wouldn't want to give the Kims something for nothing. First there is the prestige.  The cessation of military exercises.  Trump actually said that it was his idea to stop the joint South Korean- US Military exercises. He said North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat. China has already said in light of that sanctions should be lifted. China and North Korea are once again getting very cozy.

Now Trump has put his prestige on the line. Let's say when 2020 comes along, the latest Kim threatens to start making trouble again unless Trump does x,y, and or z. Who's got the leverage? The only time a President should conceivably meet with a Kim is when a deal has actually hammered out.

And Kim got all of this simply by mouthing pleasing words and signing a vague memorandum.

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2018 at 3:35 AM, Andaman Al said:

when he lies of course we will complain about what he said. HE IS LYING !!

Obama brought back 11 prisoners - no circus. Did you know remains have been coming back for a while. Kim charges 1 million USD for the repatriation of the remains of US troops. Lets see the truth about these '200', in the very near future.  If the remains were already at a 'US Military facility' (as Sanemax claims) in S Korea don't you think they would already be on their way back. Don't you think Kim Jong and the Trump administration would have made a media circus out of it? Why do the Pentagon and US military officials in S Korea not have a clue what the Kidnapper in Chief is talking about.?

Tell me do you guys have to take a particular medication or drug to actually believe all of Trumps BS? Because you believe it with conviction when all supporting EVIDENCE says it is BS.  He said 200 had already been returned. What will you say if in one week you find out that in fact none have been returned? What will you think of the US Dear Leader then? Will you still give him a free pass? - You will!!!  I truly am in the wrong business, I need to be in a business that takes advantage of up to 35 million of the worlds most gullible people - like Fox News does.

Fair enough , I questioned the above and that post seems to have disapeared 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Fair enough , I questioned the above and that post seems to have disapeared 

Well whatever you said must have been highly disagreeable with someone then. So what are you questioning? What is it you cannot simply go and verify from independent sources yourself?

He said 200 had already been returned. What will you say if in one week you find out that in fact none have been returned? What will you think of the US Dear Leader then? Will you still give him a free pass? - You will!!!  I truly am in the wrong business, I need to be in a business that takes advantage of up to 35 million of the worlds most gullible people - like Fox News does.

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - The U.S. military said it moved 100 wooden coffins to the inter-Korean border to prepare for North Korea's returning of the remains of American soldiers who have been missing since the 1950-53 Korean War.

U.S. Forces Korea spokesman Col. Chad Carroll also said Saturday that 158 metal transfer cases were sent to a U.S. air base near Seoul, South Korea's capital, and would be used to send the remains home.

North Korea agreed to return U.S. war remains during the June 12 summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump. 

http://www.normantranscript.com/cnhi_network/us-moves-coffins-to-n-korean-border-for-war-remains/article_49dd7fa2-58c8-56c0-b917-547c69ba1295.html

There was a slight misunderstanding between "already returned" and *agreed to return*

Could back up your claim that Kim charged 1M $ for each returning soldiers remains (I did do a websearch and nothing came up )

Did Trump pay Kim 100 Million for the above soldiers ?

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:27 AM, Berkshire said:

Since Trump lies with such regularity, about all things big and small, we have no idea whether this is actually true.  Pretty pathetic when the President of the United States is about the least credible human being alive. 

My observation is that he uses a "doubling" factor. In this case, he may have even added a "0" (20 = 200).

" least credible human being alive". Well stated, very accurate, no exaggeration here !

when he lies of course we will complain about what he said. HE IS LYING !!

Obama brought back 11 prisoners - no circus. Did you know remains have been coming back for a while.

Did a websearch and nothing came up

Could you give conformation that the remains of 11 U.S soldiers have recently been returned to the US from NK ?(recently as in Obamas reign as POTUS)

I read an article, and cannot find it now, which mentioned that remains will ultimately be sent to Hawaii where military medical experts will attempt the painstakingly difficult task of identifying the remains.

Having all the parents, who lobbied Trump so vociferously during the campaign for the return of their sons' remains, on hand will likely expedite identification via DNA.

Found a more recent article...

Identifying U.S. troops returned from North Korea may be challenging: experts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military will face a difficult task in identifying the remains of soldiers missing from the Korean War as the Pentagon prepares to receive them from North Korea in coming days, officials and experts said.

U.S. President Donald Trump, who met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at an historic summit in Singapore this month, said on Thursday that Pyongyang was in the process of returning the remains of U.S. troops missing from the 1950-1953 conflict.

The Pentagon has said North Korean officials have indicated in the past they have the remains of as many as 200 U.S. troops, and Trump himself has mentioned that figure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-remains/identifying-us-troops-returned-from-north-korea-may-be-challenging-experts-idUSKBN1JJ007

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - The U.S. military said it moved 100 wooden coffins to the inter-Korean border to prepare for North Korea's returning of the remains of American soldiers who have been missing since the 1950-53 Korean War.

U.S. Forces Korea spokesman Col. Chad Carroll also said Saturday that 158 metal transfer cases were sent to a U.S. air base near Seoul, South Korea's capital, and would be used to send the remains home.

North Korea agreed to return U.S. war remains during the June 12 summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump. 

http://www.normantranscript.com/cnhi_network/us-moves-coffins-to-n-korean-border-for-war-remains/article_49dd7fa2-58c8-56c0-b917-547c69ba1295.html

There was a slight misunderstanding between "already returned" and *agreed to return*

Could back up your claim that Kim charged 1M $ for each returning soldiers remains (I did do a websearch and nothing came up )

Did Trump pay Kim 100 Million for the above soldiers ?

So you are now saying that the US military moving 100 wooden coffins near the border is the same as Trump saying that 200 have already been returned. HE SAID IT. There was no misunderstanding, He LIED for political gain at a rally.

Col Chad saying they have received 158 metal cases is NOT the returning of human remains that Trump said had already occurred.

read and weep. Kim Jong is laughing his ass off.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/22/a-wound-that-never-heals-families-wait-for-north-korea-to-return-their-war-dead

• Like 2