Trouble in Pattaya - again: Mass brawl in Thailand’s family friendly resort

webfact

6 minutes ago, The manic said:

I think you find it was Arab men who were involved. Rude and brusque foul mouthed responses irritate all hustlers.

Arabs have a penchant for ladyboys. It was probably they that were doing the hustling. Renowned for reneging on payment after the deed is done.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Arabs have a penchant for ladyboys. It was probably they that were doing the hustling. Renowned for reneging on payment after the deed is done.

Hustling in my sense of the word just means working....not ripping off. However,  I think you may be correct regarding the behaviour of people from the MENA region...in a constant state of sexual denial and frustration who are licensed to beat women and execute gays. A toxic value system to bring to Pattaya. Sex workers are called b****s by Arab men. Their culture is shame based not guilt based. Their shame and inadequacy is externalised into violence against anyone they perceive as inferior to them....which is most people..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The manic said:

Hustling in my sense of the word just means working....not ripping off. However,  I think you may be correct regarding the behaviour of people from the MENA region...in a constant state of sexual denial and frustration who are licensed to beat women and execute gays. A toxic value system to bring to Pattaya. Sex workers are called b****s by Arab men. Their culture is shame based not guilt based. Their shame and inadequacy is externalised into violence against anyone they perceive as inferior to them....which is most people..

What you must understand is that in traditional Islam a man cannot marry until he is 28. This means no sex with women until that age. Traditionally this results in them having sex with men at a young age. It's not illegal to have anal sex with another man, it is illegal to receive anal sex. This is where their desire for ladyboys comes from, recapturing their misspent youth.

Everything you say is correct.

• 3 months later...

I don't know how there is such a positive identification that these are are ladyboys.  Maybe I missed it.  What I have seen especially in the last couple of years in Bkk and Pattaya is the number of young Arab males increasing.  Always in groups.  Most seemed very arrogant.  Many were gym rats, who walk around all pumped.  Many were very rude and condescending to others.  Treated the Thais like garbage.

Bar girls and freelancers in Bkk and Pattaya told me that there are horror stories of group rapes with the Thai girls.  Obviously not every time, but it is a reality apparently.  But the Thai girls keep going with them.  So then they probably shouldn't complain about young Arab men.

In August this year Soi 11 in Bkk was predominantly Arab people.  And I saw the Thai girls with them in numbers I have never seen before.  And my hotel was outwardly more friendly and courteous to the Arabs who were very rude as a whole, than to us Westerners.  Myself and a couple of others felt as if Westerners were not welcome.

I had several instances in Bkk where Arabs were yelling at the Thai girls who were 7-11 clerks, the hotel front desk, etc.  And when I stepped up being polite, the the Thai girls were rude to me, yet they backed down to the Arab men.

In Bkk and Pattaya I saw the Thai ladies calling them handsome, want massage, all the things they will say to get your attention.  Some of the guys would just ignore, some I saw laugh and call them whores.

I saw an anger towards the Arabs, and yet I saw a fear of the Arabs with the Thais always backing down.

I have heard that Thais don't like black and Arab, yet I saw the complete opposite.

Yes, of course some of the Middle Eastern people are very nice, wonderful people. 

And for the record, yes we have all seen the Western guy(s) who acted the fool as well.

This was my observation a couple of months ago...

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, lovelomsak said:

Must have been a real long time ago. Thirty year ago bars on walking street had signs posted in their bars that read

No Dogs or Arabs allowed

When I first came to Thailand there were many stories of one Arab  hiring a girl but when she was taken to the room there were numerous men there who would gang rape her and sodomise her. They were hated by many Thais back then.

love  Must have been a long time ago - pre 1975 in my case ...that makes you  about ..........

On 8/16/2018 at 10:56 AM, Spidey said:

What you must understand is that in traditional Islam a man cannot marry until he is 28. This means no sex with women until that age. Traditionally this results in them having sex with men at a young age. It's not illegal to have anal sex with another man, it is illegal to receive anal sex. This is where their desire for ladyboys comes from, recapturing their misspent youth.

Everything you say is correct.

Spidey, man, where do you get your information from?

The Anti-Islam Fanclub Facebook site?...laughable BUT TVF Gold

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2018 at 9:08 PM, JMSIII said:

I don't know how there is such a positive identification that these are are ladyboys.  Maybe I missed it.  What I have seen especially in the last couple of years in Bkk and Pattaya is the number of young Arab males increasing.  Always in groups.  Most seemed very arrogant.  Many were gym rats, who walk around all pumped.  Many were very rude and condescending to others.  Treated the Thais like garbage.

Bar girls and freelancers in Bkk and Pattaya told me that there are horror stories of group rapes with the Thai girls.  Obviously not every time, but it is a reality apparently.  But the Thai girls keep going with them.  So then they probably shouldn't complain about young Arab men.

In August this year Soi 11 in Bkk was predominantly Arab people.  And I saw the Thai girls with them in numbers I have never seen before.  And my hotel was outwardly more friendly and courteous to the Arabs who were very rude as a whole, than to us Westerners.  Myself and a couple of others felt as if Westerners were not welcome.

I had several instances in Bkk where Arabs were yelling at the Thai girls who were 7-11 clerks, the hotel front desk, etc.  And when I stepped up being polite, the the Thai girls were rude to me, yet they backed down to the Arab men.

In Bkk and Pattaya I saw the Thai ladies calling them handsome, want massage, all the things they will say to get your attention.  Some of the guys would just ignore, some I saw laugh and call them whores.

I saw an anger towards the Arabs, and yet I saw a fear of the Arabs with the Thais always backing down.

I have heard that Thais don't like black and Arab, yet I saw the complete opposite.

Yes, of course some of the Middle Eastern people are very nice, wonderful people. 

And for the record, yes we have all seen the Western guy(s) who acted the fool as well.

This was my observation a couple of months ago...

Sounds like Saudis or Kuwaities

On 6/21/2018 at 6:12 PM, The manic said:

Say no politely and you have no problem. London is much more violent than Pattaya. These are stupid stories and should stop.

True, did you see the story last week of "pavement rage in London"? Man brushed against another guy on pavement, and was thrown into the busy road.

2 hours ago, PhilippBKK said:

Half of my extended family are Moslems. Where do you get your info from?

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Half of my extended family are Moslems. Where do you get your info from?

I do not know of any Islamic rule preventing men marrying until 28. I agree in Egypt and many other Arab countries a bride price is required and he is expected to be financially secure which means late marriages are usual.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhilippBKK said:

Age 28 before getting married ?  I can't speak for the desert Bedouins but most of the  town based Arabs I knew at that age had 3/4 kids by then  from the  first  wife - and eyeing up a second one  .. if they could afford it .

• Sad 1

On 6/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, ta158 said:

are you sure about that? 

UK 723 murders = 1.11 per 100,000 people.

Thailand latest figures 2014,  2,649 murders  = 3.9  per 100,000 people, doubtful.

but some reports say in 2016 thailand had over 3,000 gun murders thats a rate of 4.45  per 100,000 people, if you add all counts of murder the amount is aprox 5.6 - 6.3.

Regardless of statistics it is evident, and has been widely reported, that Thailand has a gun problem. What may make Thailand stand-out however is that so many murders we hear about – often murders are not reported in the English language media.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/gun-violence-in-thailand-a-problem-that-can-t-be-solved-10124114

Your figures are broadly correct but they reflect violence and murder amongst locals rather than against westerners, farangs and tourists. So poster manic is correct in as much as many UK cities are statistically more dangerous.

Not all lady boys are bad...

After watching the video footage, I find it very difficult to make a decision.

With such diverse cultures grouped in such close proximity, tensions could and do flare-up from time to time.

Some Thais are rude and will not take a No for an answer, with some tourist being as equally rude to Thais...

Respect, in my opinion,  is lacking in most sectors of life. After all, we are human. Destroyers, by large.

6 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Your figures are broadly correct but they reflect violence and murder amongst locals rather than against westerners, farangs and tourists. So poster manic is correct in as much as many UK cities are statistically more dangerous.

So the same for british cities,

locals vs locals, more tourists and foreigners gets killed or attacked here.

4 hours ago, Kim J said:

Often murders are not reported at all, because it has become an every day occurrence.

About 1 - 2 years ago I personally witnessed a gangland style shooting on Big C South Pattaya car park mid afternoon. Subsequently I saw nothing in either English or Thai media.

Has become? Murder has always had murders everyday, Provinces and cities like songkhla, chumpon, surat thani, hat yai, nakhon si thammarat, samut prakan, pathum tani and many more has murder everyday or every other day With guns and innocents often get hit by stray bullets.

Murder and violence has actually decreased since someone took power over the country or just that media has stopped publishing, ive also seen Violent incidents that did not end up on news, my sisters boyfriend got shot 2 Times in a gang fight and he went to the hospital and they asked if police were needed he Said no.

36 minutes ago, ta158 said:

So the same for british cities,

locals vs locals, more tourists and foreigners gets killed or attacked here.

So what do you think the murder rate is in Thailand for Westerns or Farangs and can you back up your guess with any facts? As far as I can see the death rate for Brits. in Thailand, given the number of visitors which is close to 900,000 per year, is around 0.01% and that's deaths from all causes.  https://www.farang-deaths.com/nationality/british/

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2018 at 4:36 PM, Wilsonandson said:

It's called selling the news. CNN does it, the BBC does it, heck everyone does it these days. No longer a trait of the British tabloid press anymore. There's a lot of competition so the more appealing your news headline the better.
It's those who visit or live there that shape the image. Blame them.

Good job Fox is stable.

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2018 at 10:06 AM, Spidey said:

Happy to have Thai company around their necks all night long sitting in the cafe, but when dawn arrives and the company expects pay off with trip back to room, some of the Arab guys want to walk away with no payment and the screaming match kicks off. 

52 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Happy to have Thai company around their necks all night long sitting in the cafe, but when dawn arrives and the company expects pay off with trip back to room, some of the Arab guys want to walk away with no payment and the screaming match kicks off. 

Very true.  But when I was in Bkk and Pattaya this last August.  I have never seen so many Thai women with Arabs.  In Bkk, it was more than 50%, maybe 65-70%.  Everywhere you went, that's how it was.  I stayed in the Grand President on Soi 11, and the hotel obviously preferred Arabs over Westerners.  Even with the Arabs yelling at them, the Thais literally backed down every time.

In Pattaya, it seemed like it was always, one Thai woman, with 3-4 Arabs.  

The best ones I saw was were the Arab guy with two or three wives in full black burqas, had the young Thai girlfriend walking hand in hand with him, while the wives walked a few feet behind.  This I saw several times in Bkk, in different areas.

Seemed pretty obvious that Thai women have a new found strong attraction for Arabs.  Even watched the women approach, and call out to the Arab guys regularly.  Bad reputation or not, the Thai women were all over them.

• Sad 1