how to attract clients for purchase or rent of condos

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:
Sorry but all of those are shitty places nowadays emoji51.png
but he mentioned Jomtien so I thought about view talay one.. anyway its a troll post..

Jomtien Beach condo although old (15 years+) is well maintained, can't say that about a lot of places

Jomtien beach condo its Good location but the lobbies and elevators looking so horrible of that building then those 30 sqm shoebox units bare basic style.

its not for me that’s for sure.

Edited by Destiny1990

Jomtien beach condo its Good location but the lobbies and elevators looking so horrible of that building then those 30 sqm shoebox units bare basic style.

its not for me that’s for sure.

I've not looked inside but i guess they could buy new elevators and put up the maintenance charge massively. I can see why they would avoid that if possible

Baansgr - sorry. I haven't checked for personal messages but will now.

Destiny - Why would I post this topic if I didn't have property and didn't want to sell? You think I'm having fun over here????? Pretty strange thought process.

• Like 2

NO time to read all through this...but did anyone mention combining units?  Sometimes PSM is a little higher for larger units...same with land.  A two bedroom is more desireable and hard to find in some markets..not sure about that one.  Three shoeboxes together= a two bedroom...and one left over for yourself.  Amazingly cheap to connect units.  My unit was connected, and it was a mere 1700 to remove the door and put up block.ready to paint.

3 minutes ago, ripley said:

moontang - It's an idea I've considered as the studio and two bdrm are next door to each other. But then I'd have a huge and more expensive place to flog. Don't know how that would go down.

that might be more of a Bangkok thing.....a two bedroom there, might only attract large groups of Chinese...

2 minutes ago, ripley said:

Scuba Scuba -  No need to announce the fact. Just get bored and split!

Ripley, Try to just ignore them, they strive to seem more enlightened and superior which at best is a joke. Just trying to impress themselves and get a like from their gang. 

Anyway just make it a mission. I have had properties that took years to sell, have some  now but all you can do is stay on it everyday like a real job. Try as many realtors as possible. Staging the units and paying a professional photographer make a huge difference. I have sold a few yachts and that made the difference in getting buyers aboard. Main thing is get real with the price because the pricing now is not working. Offer a generous bonus to the selling agent not necessarily the office. Pay two points more on commission. And again you can offer owner financing. A guy put up a post selling a unit at VT 6 I saw yesterday, nice!

7 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

Ripley, Try to just ignore them, they strive to seem more enlightened and superior which at best is a joke. Just trying to impress themselves and get a like from their gang. 

Anyway just make it a mission. I have had properties that took years to sell, have some  now but all you can do is stay on it everyday like a real job. Try as many realtors as possible. Staging the units and paying a professional photographer make a huge difference. I have sold a few yachts and that made the difference in getting buyers aboard. Main thing is get real with the price because the pricing now is not working. Offer a generous bonus to the selling agent not necessarily the office. Pay two points more on commission. And again you can offer owner financing. A guy put up a post selling a unit at VT 6 I saw yesterday, nice!

Yes, the unit looks nice. Suspect it feels smaller than it looks, tho. Beautiful and new!

Thank you JazzDog for your very useful post! As I don't live here all year, there is a limit as to how much work I can put into marketing - but I can do better than I have been, I'm sure. Must look to the price I guess, even tho it is commensurate with what others are asking in our building.

Love your Avatar!

There are not many European tourist in the city now. Chinese come in group tour, other Asian come for a week or so and stay in hotel. So you are looking for a very minor population of expats who mostly bought condo or rent condo for long time.

Your only option is to renovate, reduce the price and try to advertise for it wherever possible. For example in BIG C extra and other shopping center where foreigners do shopping.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:43 PM, Peterw42 said:

A very relevant observation, the lack of data in Thailand ends up with people picking a value out of thin air, basing the value on what the neighbour is asking etc. If buyers and sellers were more aware of the price properties actually change hand at, volume etc. The market would benefit and be more realistic.

Not  only Thailand but I have some land in Madeira, asked an agent how  much to sell price was  120k euros, asked another 300k euros.

At least in the Uk we have the  "actual" sold prices available form the Land registry...............here a  guess and  pot  luck often with a  lucky punter buying at a crazy price then is seen as "the price"  for all others.

If you cant sell its simply  "The  Price"......ps many agents are lazy also

Whenever I buy a condo here I usually rip out the entire lot and start from new with low maintenance hard wearing stuff, no crappy laminate  floors as the first leak and its toast, replace  crappy laminate work tops  with stone for the same reason. Buy some nice but hard wearing decent  furniture and ALWAYS with removable washabe covers as they will get filthy. Built in cupboards easy to replace  doors if they get damaged

Heres the last condo i did 6  months ago, new floors   new  doors repaint and decent furniture thats easily cleaned and not easy to damage.............ps i do it myself alone ,the only way to guarantee NO problems EVER.

Had a Japanese  customer for 6  months whose just left. 27k a month 47m2 Phrakanong

1 (7).jpg

1 (13).jpg

20171019_191315.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kannot said:

Whenever I buy a condo here I usually rip out the entire lot and start from new with low maintenance hard wearing stuff, no crappy laminate  floors as the first leak and its toast, replace  crappy laminate work tops  with stone for the same reason. Buy some nice but hard wearing decent  furniture and ALWAYS with removable washabe covers as they will get filthy. Built in cupboards easy to replace  doors if they get damaged

Heres the last condo i did 6  months ago, new floors   new  doors repaint and decent furniture thats easily cleaned and not easy to damage.............ps i do it myself alone ,the only way to guarantee NO problems EVER.

Had a Japanese  customer for 6  months whose just left. 27k a month 47m2 Phrakanong

1 (7).jpg

1 (13).jpg

20171019_191315.jpg

27k lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kannot said:

1 (7).jpg

1 (13).jpg

20171019_191315.jpg

Looks great...……..good job, well done kannot.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Not  only Thailand but I have some land in Madeira, asked an agent how  much to sell price was  120k euros, asked another 300k euros.

At least in the Uk we have the  "actual" sold prices available form the Land registry...............here a  guess and  pot  luck often with a  lucky punter buying at a crazy price then is seen as "the price"  for all others.

If you cant sell its simply  "The  Price"......ps many agents are lazy also

Yes, as Peterw42 has also said, here prices are just plucked out of thin air and if some dumbo has just arrived and paid well over the odds for a condo/whatever then that sets a starting point for those wanting to sell...…….and they wonder why it never does!

Had that experience when I was looking to buy a run-down house to renovate, so got a local farang agent in to "value" it...…...6.9 m baht when done up was his reply. 

Did it up myself (a lot like kannot) and it looked great and I did have some interest in it. Anyway managed to sell it for 5.25 m after about 7 months, so did make a profit, but it was hard going, and stressful at times!!

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

No, if you can charge him more, go for it.... 

But we both know its overpriced for 47sqm ?

The price is what ever anyone wants to pay, simple as that, before renovation it was 23k after 27k would take 25k but Japanese co happy to pay 27k

kannot - 

That's what I did initially. I've found the removable,, washable covers very useful and the use of neutral colours practical to which I've added a few accent pieces. Installed a new western-style kitchen complete with oven. Overall my places have worn extremely well. It would be nice to change the wallpaper in one room, but it is still pleasant. Fact is, I can no longer afford an overhaul. Especially when there are so many people telling me that it's just throwing away money. If I had my way I would still tart the place up for my own peace of mind! But it is true that people have different and very definite tastes.... For instance, someone into modern chrome and steel would NOT like my place.

Edited by ripley
addition of sentence