Gen Prayut confirms Thailand general election in Feb 2019

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, Eligius said:

Thanathorn's 'Future Forward Party' looks like a real chance for Thailand to move forward into the 21st century.

Unfortunately - he and it will be blocked. So much is clear.

I see him as someone I would support but I been wrong in the past.  I don't see how the old parties could make things change... they never have in the past only cared about making money. So why would it be different this time (same goes for junta)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiKiwi said:

May be wrong but I think it was Simon & Garfunkel who wrote: "All lies are jest 'til a man hear what he wants to hear and disregards the rest'.

Someone else wrote: 'There's never any shortage of fools lining up to buy the next batch of snake oil'.

I think they were all right.

No need to disregard what I hear its all pretty consistent here in BKK.. no faith in PTP.. no faith in junta or democrats. They just think things never change. I think they are right.. the old parties will never change their ways. The old parties havent done anything good for the country in the last decade only tried to get rich themselves. Why would this change now ?

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

I think he potentially embodies everything that Thailand needs. He is intelligent, articulate, seemingly uncorrupted, seemingly moral and ethical - and he would not disgrace Thailand on the world stage. 

If I were Thai, I would probably vote for him. BUT if Thanathorn is sincere - he will never be allowed to get into the seat of power. He would tread on too many militaristic toes ...

If he gets enough votes then he can't be denied the power. I just don't think he will get enough votes this time. He still has to prove himself and build a network. I wish it was different but i think he will get votes but not enough.. next election will be better for him if he can stay in the news. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need to disregard what I hear its all pretty consistent here in BKK.. no faith in PTP.. no faith in junta or democrats. They just think things never change. I think they are right.. the old parties will never change their ways. The old parties havent done anything good for the country in the last decade only tried to get rich themselves. Why would this change now ?

Same reason you never hear from the old 'but... but... but... Thaksin' drones any more. Evolution got rid of the lizard dinosaurs in it's own way once already.

• Like 1

Just now, KiwiKiwi said:

Same reason you never hear from the old 'but... but... but... Thaksin' drones any more. Evolution got rid of the lizard dinosaurs in it's own way once already.

Once evolution got rid of Thaksin and the junta and new parties take over then we are there.. but we are far from there. So I understand why people are still not having faith in change. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Once evolution got rid of Thaksin and the junta and new parties take over then we are there.. but we are far from there. So I understand why people are still not having faith in change. 

Ah yes. The piece of cheese that defieth understanding... Well, I guess we'll see. I'd be prepared to bet we won't be hearing very much from the Shin-haters if PTP pulls off a surprise...

• Like 1

If he loses it would have been because he is incompetent, a fraud and corrupt. 

If he wins then it was clearly rigged. Everybody here is saying it but short on details on how that actually works. 

He will be elected especially since the last 4 years have been a learning curve politically for him. 

I would vote him in for sure, no difference to any other politician except he is already in office. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Gen Prayut however, had to cut short his meeting with Thai expats due to a terror warning from security officers. The Royal Thai Embassy in London announced the warning affecting Thai people and advised them to exercise caution when returning home.

I think this is the more important news. Wonder what the heck it is. Anyone. 

7 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Ah yes. The piece of cheese that defieth understanding... Well, I guess we'll see. I'd be prepared to bet we won't be hearing very much from the Shin-haters if PTP pulls off a surprise...

Why i won't dislike the Shins any less if they win, like the junta they are corrupt bad people. Only those who are blind don't see that. The Shins have done nothing for Thailand but fill their own pockets. The only ones who like the Shins are the farmers if they get bribed enough.. funny that people who think its ok to offer farmers incentives to vote PTP revolt at the idea of Prayut buying votes with his Thai Nayom and other things. Its all the same only open minded people like me condemn both. 

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think this is the more important news. Wonder what the heck it is. Anyone. 

I wonder. Prayuth preparing to don martyrs garb in preparation for a close shave? Methinks he'll look just charming in sackcloth and ashes.

There's something almost quaint about the smell of burning martyr, but it's a mantle I don't think this guy could carry it with any street cred. Mind you, he didn't have a lot of that anyway.

• Like 2

8 months,eh,expect more populist policies to be rolled 

out to the poor and farmers,especially Issan,you need

to get their vote if you want to win,the purchase of

former MP's from other parties,better to use the taxpayers

money for all of this,instead of one's own.if all this does

not work,say the 3rd hand or communists,anything,have

infiltrated the election process,and stay on as Dictator.

win win situation,especially if the army are behind him,

Oh,he better give them something to just to make sure.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2