Tourist Police reunite 99 year old Swiss man with Thai wife he hadn’t seen for 3 years

webfact

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Awww, such a lovely Thai Airways Advertisement.

Even though they seem to have nothing to do with the story whatsoever. 

:coffee1:

No traces of floating elements on the wheelchair so we cant assume he swam to Thailand...:coffee1:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Seems it did not go wrong - the Thai wife was overwhelmed with tears I read.

Good work of the tourist police. Good luck for Emile.

May they live happily ever after ....

May they live happily ever after .... Over a week anyway

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

So he married her at 76, they lived 20 years together, he was 96years old  3 years ago and come back now at 99 years old. 

The least one could say not a common story as far as the figures are concerned, do we know how old is the "bride"?

It says in the article that she’s an elderly lady, but does it really matter what age she is? Hopefully they are finally reunited for their last years together. 

23 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

It says in the article that she’s an elderly lady, but does it really matter what age she is? Hopefully they are finally reunited for their last years together. 

Not it does not "really" matter!

But  if I follow you, so we have the right to express ourselves only for important matters, my post was in no way disrespectful, as I said it is not a common story as far as the figures are concerned, only him at 99 years old coming back in Thailand to see his wife not see for 3 years,  her probably not knowing if he was dead or alive, all that would make material for a novel!

So I asked myself how old his wife could be, was she 20 years younger she would be 79 already it was sheer spontaneous curiosity... It seems like it did not please to an amateur mod :smile:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Good luck to them both !!

It looks like its still hope for the humanity as Old Love Doesnt seems to Rust...:wai:

Edited by ttrd

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

Not it does not "really" matter!

But  if I follow you, so we have the right to express ourselves only for important matters, my post was in no way disrespectful, as I said it is not a common story as far as the figures are concerned, only him at 99 years old coming back in Thailand to see his wife not see for 3 years,  her probably not knowing if he was dead or alive, all that would make material for a novel!

So I asked myself how old his wife could be, was she 20 years younger she would be 79 already it was sheer spontaneous curiosity... It seems like it did not please to an amateur mod :smile:

Well actually No, you don’t follow me. If you read the initial post you would have gathered she was an elderly lady. I simply answered your question and added, does it really matter her exact age. No attempt at being an amateur mod on my part. However that was quite a lengthy re-explanation you just sent defending your first comments which really was only making a mention about her age. It certainly didn’t hint that you could make a best selling novel about them. Now if I hit that little nerve in the brain which controls the attempts at immature comedy but now feeling guilty function then it was pure accidental. I do apologise for any hurt or embarrassment caused to your good self old chap. Have a wonderful evening. Please refrain from any attempts to continue this dialogue. Let’s just agree to wish the elderly couple happiness in their future time together. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

You should get yourself up out of the gutter once in a while... there are genuine people & stories out there that don't need your kind of comment...

a cheap shot on your part.. hope you feel better after sharing it !

Go get a life . :bah:

Correct no effort to contact him. Prob was very faithful I would say. like lots of Thai ladies. Tears of joy I would say when they said he was looking for her and she knew his age and how much cash he had. Was like winning the lottery

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

So he married her at 76, they lived 20 years together, he was 96years old  3 years ago and come back now at 99 years old. 

The least one could say not a common story as far as the figures are concerned, do we know how old is the "bride"?

The Thai Workpointnews.com website reported the story today. Apparently his wife is 70 years old.
They posted the below picture, uncaptioned. Presumably she's the lady in red.
They also said the Thai Tourist police arranged for and paid for his airfare over.
pajai.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Awww, such a lovely Thai Airways Advertisement.

Even though they seem to have nothing to do with the story whatsoever. 

:coffee1:

Yes, I think if they had flown him here for free they would have mentioned it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

Well actually No, you don’t follow me. If you read the initial post you would have gathered she was an elderly lady. I simply answered your question and added, does it really matter her exact age. No attempt at being an amateur mod on my part. However that was quite a lengthy re-explanation you just sent defending your first comments which really was only making a mention about her age. It certainly didn’t hint that you could make a best selling novel about them. Now if I hit that little nerve in the brain which controls the attempts at immature comedy but now feeling guilty function then it was pure accidental. I do apologise for any hurt or embarrassment caused to your good self old chap. Have a wonderful evening. Please refrain from any attempts to continue this dialogue. Let’s just agree to wish the elderly couple happiness in their future time together. 

Sometimes we not understand each other, so I  will only continue this dialogue to say excuse me for my answer...I am sorry I misunderstood :closedeyes:

"Let’s just agree to wish the elderly couple happiness in their future time together." :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Why wasn't the wife of 20 years in Switzerland with him? 

I know a lot of of these relationships.... Never work well. 

It might surprise you to know that some time it is quite difficult for a Thai lady to get a visa to travel to Europe - especially if her husband is quite old and returning for medical treatment! And after 20 years I would say that it worked quite well - you get FAR less for murder here!