Am I Blacklisted From Entering Thailand For Rental Dispute?

53 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Thai people do have small hands so that would work for you...

Hahaha.  Just a joke my friend could not resist have a good evening. ?

The holding of nuts post ones departure may constitute a harsher

punishment than would seem entirely necessary.

Edited by swanny321

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-21917654

It was actually three years he was stuck here.

Many cases that would be civil cases in other countries can become criminal cases in Thailand due to the wide scope of Thailand's criminal legislation and if the plaintiff pushes the police, prosecutor and courts hard enough.

Thanks for the article. Always rented and have not had a bad landlord but this man’s case bothers me. What if you split up with a girl and she accuses you of something criminal? Living here three years without a passport and no way to leave because of some criminal furniture claim seems unreal. 

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Just remember the key word you're leaving out. 

Yet.

Your clever plan isn't working because it's brilliant.  It's working because only one in a thousand of us is ever put in a position where we are required to surrender our passport.  So far, you're one of the 999.  Not in the top tier for brilliance.

In that rare instance where you're determined by the court to be a flight risk and you'll be remanded until you surrender your passport, we'll see how fast you cough it up.  No matter where you have it hidden, or how good you think your lawyer is.

My training was with the Australia armed forces and my uncle was at Miliary school in Australia with the now King. I can't foresee any problems. I do my own thing and are in complete control of everything I set out to do. Somchai wont be destroying my happy nest

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

Just remember the key word you're leaving out. 

Yet.

Your clever plan isn't working because it's brilliant.  It's working because only one in a thousand of us is ever put in a position where we are required to surrender our passport.  So far, you're one of the 999.  Not in the top tier for brilliance.

In that rare instance where you're determined by the court to be a flight risk and you'll be remanded until you surrender your passport, we'll see how fast you cough it up.  No matter where you have it hidden, or how good you think your lawyer is.

If the situation arose as you say. Certainly my lawyer will be handed my passport

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Thanks for the article. Always rented and have not had a bad landlord but this man’s case bothers me. What if you split up with a girl and she accuses you of something criminal? Living here three years without a passport and no way to leave because of some criminal furniture claim seems unreal. 

Well, its like many things living in a foreign country. You are at the mercy.

Either bite the bullet don't be macho and pay up/move on, or suffer what ever consequences.

It's like being a guy in California and getting a divorce. Hey, keep fighting and complaining but in the end, you will mostly lose.

Up to you....

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

What I would like to know is whether, if your passport was seized pending a criminal case, you could still be penalised for overstaying your latest permission to stay, even if you were eventually cleared of all charges.

19 minutes ago, OJAS said:

What I would like to know is whether, if your passport was seized pending a criminal case, you could still be penalised for overstaying your latest permission to stay, even if you were eventually cleared of all charges.

Yet another familiar happenstance.

I honestly don't know how long you lot can hang in here.

...unless you're well sorted like Media1 of course.

55 minutes ago, Media1 said:

If the situation arose as you say. Certainly my lawyer will be handed my passport

If a judge orders you to surrender your passport and rules that if you don't, you will be held in jail until you do, then the choice would be yours. You could leave your passport with your lawyer and just stay in jail for however long the court case (plus appeals) takes. Just be aware that, as in the case of the British man mentioned in an earlier post, that could be years.

• Thanks 1

Don’t count on consul words, but worth to hear what they say. 

If you want to come back to Thailand be prepared for paying the whole rental lease that you broke, then you won’t be surprised. The Britishman did not steal the furnitur, but you had broken your lease. (If she takes it court, you will lose).

How many months did you owe to your landlady ? 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Media1 said:

Passport is owned by the country of issue. Unless your charged with a crime and been held nobody can hold onto anything . They can hold my nuts 

The courts can order that you surrender your passport to the courts and if you refuse they will hold you without bail until your court hearing. This happens in Australia and other countries so that you cannot flee the country before your court hearing you are not necessarily held in custody if you surrender your passport

7 hours ago, OJAS said:

You will get 60days for extension of stay and after that every 60 days pending trial. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, calikid90210 said:

She followed up messaging me saying she was going to get immigration involved and not allow me to leave (already had) and that I would never be allowed to enter Thailand again.

Send a message to the tax authorities in Thailand and have them check up this lady regarding paying tax for her rental business.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Media1 said:

My training was with the Australia armed forces and my uncle was at Miliary school in Australia with the now King. I can't foresee any problems. I do my own thing and are in complete control of everything I set out to do. Somchai wont be destroying my happy nest

Yes you don't like that do you boys 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

If a judge orders you to surrender your passport and rules that if you don't, you will be held in jail until you do, then the choice would be yours. You could leave your passport with your lawyer and just stay in jail for however long the court case (plus appeals) takes. Just be aware that, as in the case of the British man mentioned in an earlier post, that could be years.

You have confused yourself. I do not need you to educate me on laws. If l was in court this means I have been charged with a crime. Therefore held in custody.

I previously stated my passport will not be given unless I are charged with crime. Stay on topic.