Briton, 60, found with drugs dies fleeing police in Udon Thani

webfact

9 minutes ago, imaderbyfan said:

Oh dear, you do seem to struggle a little with this legal, illegal comparison don't you?

There are places I've been where opium was legal and alcohol illegal.

Alcohol should be illegal, of ganja and other drugs are.

Have you ever driven a car after drinking alcohol?

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There are many people use opium and don't get wasted. 

I'm assuming opium is a drug, yes, there may be drugs that are not harmful, but

look at the stash that was found in his car.

I may have been a little harsh, but if there is any way he was not dealing in addictive drugs, then

I will be the first to come on here on Thaivisa and apologise.

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

There are places I've been where opium was legal and alcohol illegal.

Alcohol should be illegal, of ganja and other drugs are.

Have you ever driven a car after drinking alcohol?

I am afraid Thailand is not one of those places......

And, yes, because I was too pissed to walk, driving under the influence of drink or drugs are equally unacceptable.....?

Edited by imaderbyfan

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

When you keep drugs out of it altogether, and only referring to Thailand, there are laws that 99.9% of the population will break, personally speaking, if I do not agree with any law, I will break it, though nothing serious, ie I would drive a new car out of my province if it suited me, if I am caught by the police for a very minor driving offense, I will pay them to avoid going to the police station to pay it.

Anyone care to admit that they would never knowingly break any law no matter how stupid it is?

Another thing, the country is not my host, they put me to the inconvenience and expense of doing a 90 day report.

Yep, even after 16 years of constantly living here, you 'd have thought that there'd be an easier visa extension process or any other "goodies." But nope, we're treated like all the newbies. Have a good one, Farang!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Drug dealers are like drunken drivers, may he R.I.H.  Rot in Hell.

You seem to know a lot about drugs. Somehow you missed the part about "dealers", whom I prefer to call suppliers. They do not force anyone to by the stuff, it's all about free will an demand.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Perhaps you should take better care of your "offsprings" then.

Maybe one day you will have offspring and realize that you can give them the best in life and they can still get a disease such as alcoholism or drug addiction.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

'sad on so many levels'

You forgot to add 'in my opinion' at the end of that sentence.

Why? You struggle with basic logic? I made the post, naturally it would be in my opinion , not yours 

Edited by BestB
Spell
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wealthychef said:

And yet here you are answering anyhow.  LOL oh the joys of soul-crushing internet forums.  

As a retiree, there are other ways to spend your time, rather than being offensive on forums.

Get out and meet some real people, if you have any social skills.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You seem to know a lot about drugs. Somehow you missed the part about "dealers", whom I prefer to call suppliers. They do not force anyone to by the stuff, it's all about free will an demand.

So it is OK to be a drug dealer then?????

2 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You are missing the point Neernam was making.

A drug addict does not choose to take drugs. He has lost the power of choice.

I had a friend(an alcoholic in recovery - alcoholism is a disease by the way) who was given a highly addictive drug called tramadol by a friendly pharmacist. Before long, the craving of addiction kicked in and he was hooked, needing to buy more and more until it wasn't enough. He then was forced, due to tolerance, to buy some stronger opiates and ending up dying. These dugs take over your life, and you can't make logical, rational decisions. Neernam is right, this could happen to any one of us, through becoming depressed for example and being put on medication etc.

Condolences to friends and family.

He chooses to take the drugs the first time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

As a retiree, there are other ways to spend your time, rather than being offensive on forums.

Get out and meet some real people, if you have any social skills.

Is this an example of you spending your time in other ways, and not being offensive on forums?  Are you irony-challenged?  LOL why don't you go take your own good advice?  

3 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Is this an example of you spending your time in other ways, and not being offensive on forums?  Are you irony-challenged?  LOL why don't you go take your own good advice?  

I think the problem you have is that you are so good at being ironic that nobody knows when you are doing it.

Just now, vogie said:

I think the problem you have is that you are so good at being ironic that nobody knows when you are doing it.

I'm not sure I was being ironic in any of my posts, but I suppose it's very possible!  When I go for irony, I try to use smileys to try to indicate my intention so that people are not so confused.  The irony I was pointing out was unintentional by the authors.  

9 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I knew this man. 

What the hell has it got to do with you?

Do you even live in Isarn?

Lawn bowling is great at the RBSC.

The guy appears to have been dealing drugs-does anyone disagree with that statement?

When he was accosted by police he fled,crashed and died.

A pretty stuffed up thing to do especially if you have a wife and a small child.

I listened to all the excuses peddled by members of this forum in my profession and basically it still came down to "It's up to you..and accept the consequences of your actions"

Drug addiction/dealing/alcoholism or any other form of addictive behaviour does not give you a free pass to anything.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Which of these drugs was addictive?

Those tablets on the white A4 sheet in the police pic sure look like Yaba to me.

And the police have already confirmed his possession of Methamphetamine.

Highly addictive both, I understand.....

"Methamphetamine - meth for short - is a very addictive stimulant drug."

Can post a bunch of links if you don't believe it.

The Yaba tablets are a mix of Meth and caffeine, which I assume is for the extra buzz......normally crushed smoked and inhaled through a flavored liquid such as vanilla.

Edited by imaderbyfan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Even when I'd appreciate that drugs would be handled as alcohol, I've got to disagree with you on that one.

How is it the free will of a heroine, speed, or cocaine junkie to shoot powder into his/ her veins? Even if the sellers basically don't force the addicts to buy their drugs, the drugs do. And they do it well. 

2 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I'm not sure I was being ironic in any of my posts, but I suppose it's very possible!  When I go for irony, I try to use smileys to try to indicate my intention so that people are not so confused.  The irony I was pointing out was unintentional by the authors.  

But by asking "are you irony challenged" would seem to suggest that he has missed the irony of your post, would it not?

11 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

29 minutes ago, BestB said:

Why? You struggle with basic logic? I made the post, naturally it would be in my opinion , not yours 

So why is the term 'in my opinion' used the world over if it is never required?  At least you admit that some will certainly disagree with you.