Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"I was and remain happy with what we have in terms of our EU arrangement."

What is there about this statement that strikes you as ambiguous, doc?

You may be happy with the E.U. However for your own selfish reasons, you are prepared to disregard the democratic rights of your own countrymen. Shame on you.

EB04637A-E061-49C6-9C96-1FA64E51B5B9.jpeg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nontabury said:

You may be happy with the E.U. However for your own selfish reasons, you are prepared to disregard the democratic rights of your own countrymen. Shame on you.

Brexiteers, brave in the face of other people losing their jobs.

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I haven't a clue as to what you're on about.

The UK will be decimated howl the remainers. ?

Tebee in particular laments the financial Armageddon that according to him, will befall the UK.?

Someone better tell the UK, they obviously missed the memo.

The Services PMI print today concluded a trifecta of phenomenal PMI figures from the UK this month, posting 7-month highs at 55.1. The bullish figures from the Services, Construction and Manufacturing sectors, along with GDP beating estimates last week, prove the UK economy is gaining momentum once again.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/jul/04/china-tariffs-us-goods-trade-war-uk-services-sector-business-live

Not quite going to plan remainers ??

OK there seem to be more and more report of foreign influence on the referendum .

This from the new yorker magazine

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/the-british-russia-collusion-scandal-is-breaking-wide-open.html

Things like this are what make remainers not trust the result 

I can imagine all the remainers crying into their Evian this morning, after England’s win. And then to compound their suffering the two caving experts,who discovered the kids in the cave, declared that they’re English without any sign of the E.U. Flag.

05E20DB3-CB1B-45A6-9A89-688E85A09642.jpeg

1 hour ago, aright said:

If Brexit isn't the answer what reforms do you think the EU needs to  make to, keep us, and other member states, onside, and how, in practical terms, would you bring about that reformation?

I know what I wrote. How do you see "What reforms do you think" out of dance step with "You clearly did not ask for my reform ideas"

I never said the ship was sinking and you are obviously more comfortable criticizing the decision of those people who wanted to leave (their reasons are many and explained on this post) but are reluctant to explain your reform issues and their resolution within the EU.

I will ask you again.

If Brexit isn't the answer what reforms do you think the EU needs to  make to, keep us, and other member states, onside, and how, in practical terms, would you bring about that reformation?

Nice try at revision, but you are ignoring the crucial next few words of your original post, "... to  make to, keep us, and other member states, onside, "

So, to put more plainly, you are asking me to spell out what I would do within the EU to make you happy - I think you can guess the answer to that one.

43 minutes ago, aright said:

Its out of kilter with "I think we have reached a near consensus in the past that the EU has issues that must be tackled - in fact there are few who would argue against that." 

To some those two positions may seem out of kilter, but in the world of the rational thinker, there is an understanding that nothing is perfect; almost everything can be improved. That does not mean, however, that we should discard all that has an unsatisfactory element to it and set out anew. If that was a common way of thinking, I would have been kicked out of the house a long time ago.

34 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I haven't a clue as to what you're on about.

I’m not at all surprised at your answer. Look up the meaning of the word Selfish,as I beleive this is the reason that many remoaners voted to remain in this so called Union.

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

OK there seem to be more and more report of foreign influence on the referendum .

This from the new yorker magazine

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/the-british-russia-collusion-scandal-is-breaking-wide-open.html

Things like this are what make remainers not trust the result 

Tebee

The biggest demagogue to vote for Brexit were the over 50's.

The over 50's are the smallest UK demagogue that use social media.

So unless you are alleging that people in the payroll of Aaron Banks visited all these people at home then these are nothing more than conspiracy theories.

Another example from the BBC

Vote Leave broke electoral law, Electoral Commission expected to say

Why ?

A spokesman for Anthony Clake, whose donation was given to BeLeave at the suggestion of Mr Cummings, said: "Mr Clake was told by Mr Cummings that Vote Leave was reaching its spending limits, so he suggested that he could give it to BeLeave instead, which he did.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44704561

Ohhhh my GAWD, how unethical. We cannot take your money as we have reached our spending limits, give it another mob instead ??

How that can be construed as breaking electoral law is beyond belief. It is just another attempt to undermine Brexit.

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

Tebee

The biggest demagogue to vote for Brexit were the over 50's.

The over 50's are the smallest UK demagogue that use social media.

So unless you are alleging that people in the payroll of Aaron Banks visited all these people at home then these are nothing more than conspiracy theories.

Why ?

Ohhhh my GAWD, how unethical. We cannot take your money as we have reached our spending limits, give it another mob instead ??

How that can be construed as breaking electoral law is beyond belief. It is just another attempt to undermine Brexit.

Brexit supporter thinks social media campaign couldn’t possibly create a 4% lead in a national referendum.

Those running the Leave campaign obviously disagreed as they funneled money to social media campaigns.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit supporter thinks social media campaign couldn’t possibly create a 4% lead in a national referendum.

Those running the Leave campaign obviously disagreed as they funneled money to social media campaigns.

And the government funnelled 9 million pounds of tax payers money into their remain advisory leaflet that was sent to every household in the UK.

BTW is use of a single ‘L’ the American way of spelling funnelled ?

6 hours ago, The Renegade said:

I think you will find that it is nothing to do with Brexiters and all to do with remainers.

Most Brexiters will tell you '' Leave means Leave '' as per Para 3 of Article 50.

29 March 2019 WTO rules apply. Remainers and the EU / Barnier are not going to be very happy with that line, it also means no divorce payment. Shucks, what a kick in the nads for the EU.

Care for a wager on that?

I suspect that not much will change except we lose our rebates and opt outs

Great...

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Nice try at revision, but you are ignoring the crucial next few words of your original post, "... to  make to, keep us, and other member states, onside, "

So, to put more plainly, you are asking me to spell out what I would do within the EU to make you happy - I think you can guess the answer to that one.

To some those two positions may seem out of kilter, but in the world of the rational thinker, there is an understanding that nothing is perfect; almost everything can be improved. That does not mean, however, that we should discard all that has an unsatisfactory element to it and set out anew. If that was a common way of thinking, I would have been kicked out of the house a long time ago.

There is a world of difference between your "you (me)" and my original "us (the British people which includes you).

You are splitting hairs. The question remains what reforms would you like to see within the EU to keep us or you happy? Feel free to answer the "us" or if you prefer the "you" question or both. I am not asking you to discard what you feel are the satisfactory elements of the EU just to identify your perceived shortfalls You must have an opinion as to the shortfalls big and/or small of the EU; but by all means if you feel the EU is perfect tell us. I don't understand your reluctance to answer simple questions. The world is governed by opinion tell us yours.

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

The UK will be decimated howl the remainers. ?

Tebee in particular laments the financial Armageddon that according to him, will befall the UK.?

Someone better tell the UK, they obviously missed the memo.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/jul/04/china-tariffs-us-goods-trade-war-uk-services-sector-business-live

Not quite going to plan remainers ??

Well, is this the year 2020? Has Brexit already occurred? I've got to stop taking those sleeping pills.

45 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Why ?

This IS precisely the point -  if you create another mob and give the money to them, then  your side can spend twice as much as the other .

So remain spends the limit of say 5 million

Vote leave 1 spends 5 million too

then

Vote leave 2 spends another 5 million

and 

Vote leave 3 spends another 5 million too

then one side spends 5 million whille the other spends 15

This is why we were supposed to have only one organization on each side

24 minutes ago, aright said:

There is a world of difference between your "you (me)" and my original "us (the British people which includes you).

You are splitting hairs. The question remains what reforms would you like to see within the EU to keep us or you happy? Feel free to answer the "us" or if you prefer the "you" question or both. I am not asking you to discard what you feel are the satisfactory elements of the EU just to identify your perceived shortfalls You must have an opinion as to the shortfalls big and/or small of the EU; but by all means if you feel the EU is perfect tell us. I don't understand your reluctance to answer simple questions. The world is governed by opinion tell us yours.

My biggest gripe is that my bananas are not bendy enough and my weak-ass lightbulbs are just a shadow for their pre EU meddling selves. I stand firmly with Liz Hurley on that one. Other than that, I am reasonably content, although I did complain a lot in the late 90s when we had to change our perfectly good fire extinguisher colour coding system for a far less obvious one. I was unhappy, but not sufficiently so that I would advocate Brexit because of it.

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

My biggest gripe is that my bananas are not bendy enough and my weak-ass lightbulbs are just a shadow for their pre EU meddling selves. I stand firmly with Liz Hurley on that one. Other than that, I am reasonably content, although I did complain a lot in the late 90s when we had to change our perfectly good fire extinguisher colour coding system for a far less obvious one. I was unhappy, but not sufficiently so that I would advocate Brexit because of it.

It's good to know with your trivial exceptions you have found your Shangri-La. When are you moving there?

25 minutes ago, tebee said:

This is why we were supposed to have only one organization on each side

But there wasn't, was there ?

On the remain side there was the Government led by Cameron & Osborne and the official Remain Camp led by Lord Rose.

There might also be others that escape my immediate recollection. 

So if you want to get high & mighty, at least get high & mighty about both campaigns.

54 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Care for a wager on that?

I suspect that not much will change except we lose our rebates and opt outs

Great...

I suspect that these rebates and opt outs will disappear eventually anyway, if we were remaining.

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You seem to have lost the plot. 

The suffragette movement did result in women gaining the vote.

The civil rights movement did result in the extension of equal rights.

The Labour unions did gain workers rights and improvements in work place safety. (Nice detour rant of yours that did not address the point).

The Gay rights movement, you didn't even go there.t

The poll tax demonstrations brought an end to Thatcher's poll tax and hastened the fall of Thatcher herself.

Pamphlets and books? etc?

I must have slept through my rant unless you mean this

"The Labour union movement started back in Tolpuddle (near where I was born) back in the early 1800s. It was a great idea (though not if you were a landowner back then). Sadly back in the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s unions grew so powerful that they believed that they should run the country and NOT the people or the government,

Ted Robinson, who was a union convener at Solihull was a prime leader in the destruction of the British car industry, Arthur Scargill did the same for the coal mining industry, There was a winter of discontent in 1978/79."

If you dont believe me then Google it yourself. I gave you a link and you can find many more if you try. I did and now it is your turn.

Look up Red Robbo for the car industry and Scargill for the mining industry. Read it up and tell me what you think.

And all of it took decades and sometime centuries of time to achieve.

Brexit only kicked off 2 years ago and AFAIK there is no proper movement to sort it out.

In March next year the UK is going to leave the EU.

It doesn't leave much time to achieve opposition to it.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I must have slept through my rant unless you mean this

"The Labour union movement started back in Tolpuddle (near where I was born) back in the early 1800s. It was a great idea (though not if you were a landowner back then). Sadly back in the 1960s, 70s, 80s and 90s unions grew so powerful that they believed that they should run the country and NOT the people or the government,

Ted Robinson, who was a union convener at Solihull was a prime leader in the destruction of the British car industry, Arthur Scargill did the same for the coal mining industry, There was a winter of discontent in 1978/79."

If you dont believe me then Google it yourself. I gave you a link and you can find many more if you try. I did and now it is your turn.

Look up Red Robbo for the car industry and Scargill for the mining industry. Read it up and tell me what you think.

And all of it took decades and sometime centuries of time to achieve.

Brexit only kicked off 2 years ago and AFAIK there is no proper movement to sort it out.

In March next year the UK is going to leave the EU.

It doesn't leave much time to achieve opposition to it.

I'm sure there is a reason why you seem to have forgotten the question you asked me, but I do feel that reason and your subsequent 'mental meanderings' should not be the subject of ridicule.

quote "Your view is simplistic, there are many ways to effect change in a democracy."

Would you care to name some that worked please.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think I've found Theresa May's Brexit 'White Paper', her cabinet are queuing up to 'sign off' on it.

BrexitWhitePaper.jpg.1d12b9ba619f91d091b9561892583efb.jpg

Great to see that the intelligentsia have once again demonstrated their sophisticated sense of humour; another side-splitter from their hugely embarrassing repertoire

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Great to see that the intelligentsia have once again demonstrated their sophisticated sense of humour; another side-splitter from their hugely embarrassing repertoire

In a sense I agree.

Two years after the referendum and the PM still hasn’t agreed a negotiating position with her own cabinet.

It would be hilarious if it were not such an utter shambles.

But then what to expect when Brexit started without a plan?

Perhaps Rees Mogg could use a sheet of Izal and give us a rendition of the national anthem on his grease laden comb. It might cheer you up a bit - Lord knows you need it.

Archived