Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is that tautological or a circular reference?

I don't think it's either, it is an answer to an inappropiate flame post, which he directly answered.

Do you think that by saying,

("Brexit is not a single majority concept, it is a losely combined mish-mash of disparate bigots, thugs and racists who having whipped up a few gullible or dispossessed followers now couldn't even agree on how to order a pizza.)" is appropiate?

I have never been a disparate bigot in all my life.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't think it's either, it is an answer to an inappropiate flame post, which he directly answered.

Do you think that by saying,

("Brexit is not a single majority concept, it is a losely combined mish-mash of disparate bigots, thugs and racists who having whipped up a few gullible or dispossessed followers now couldn't even agree on how to order a pizza.)" is appropiate?

I have never been a disparate bigot in all my life.

Not at all - but then again, that same broad brush was used to denigrate remainers en masse without, seemingly, a hint of irony or self awareness, hence my query.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Not at all - but then again, that same broad brush was used to denigrate remainers en masse without, seemingly, a hint of irony or self awareness, hence my query.

If you want irony, I'll give you irony, one of the remainers didn't like my use of the word "gloating" in a previous post, has actually liked that flame post. 

• Like 1

The link to this article is below

It is common for the British media to imply that Britain has a weak hand in these negotiations. Yet German and French newspapers report differently. We are a huge export market for continental Europe. Each year, 600,000 German cars are exported to the United States. But almost one million are exported to the UK. We are the biggest export market in the world for the German automotive industry.

There are similar stats for French agriculture exports and, yes, Italian prosecco. Political leaders in Europe are very conscious of a no-deal Brexit and the damage it will do to their employment rates. In Germany, estimates range from 8,000 to 40,000 jobs lost domestically if a deal is not agreed.

And if the deal is accepted by the EU, will Britain be “a vassal state” as some have argued? Even the hardcore wing of Brexiteers will recognise that free movement will be ended and border controls with Europe reinstated. And the prime minister has made clear she will not entertain any possibility of paying for continued access to the EU market. There will be a huge Brexit dividend.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/09/brexiteer-may-chequers-europe

Read more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

The link to this article is below

It is common for the British media to imply that Britain has a weak hand in these negotiations. Yet German and French newspapers report differently. We are a huge export market for continental Europe. Each year, 600,000 German cars are exported to the United States. But almost one million are exported to the UK. We are the biggest export market in the world for the German automotive industry.

There are similar stats for French agriculture exports and, yes, Italian prosecco. Political leaders in Europe are very conscious of a no-deal Brexit and the damage it will do to their employment rates. In Germany, estimates range from 8,000 to 40,000 jobs lost domestically if a deal is not agreed.

And if the deal is accepted by the EU, will Britain be “a vassal state” as some have argued? Even the hardcore wing of Brexiteers will recognise that free movement will be ended and border controls with Europe reinstated. And the prime minister has made clear she will not entertain any possibility of paying for continued access to the EU market. There will be a huge Brexit dividend.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/09/brexiteer-may-chequers-europe

Read more

But having a No deal brexit does not mean the Germans are going to be unable to export cars to us. It just means those cars will cost UK consumers more. They could switch to British cars, but it's not at all clear if there will be a UK car industry post-Brexit. 

Not paying as a country for access to the EU market simply means our exporters have to pay individually to have each shipment checked and certified. Then you have to add EU import duties to the cost of goods we sell there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tebee said:

But having a No deal brexit does not mean the Germans are going to be unable to export cars to us. It just means those cars will cost UK consumers more. They could switch to British cars, but it's not at all clear if there will be a UK car industry post-Brexit. 

Not paying as a country for access to the EU market simply means our exporters have to pay individually to have each shipment checked and certified. Then you have to add EU import duties to the cost of goods we sell there. 

I would expect that the treacherous  remainers would prefer  to purchase E.U goods rather that British good, anything to stick the knife in the back of the U.K.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

I would expect that the treacherous  remainers would prefer  to purchase E.U goods rather that British good, anything to stick the knife in the back of the U.K.

And they want England to lose the world cup

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, The manic said:

I can't foresee the future. Who knows? Maybe we will 3D print cars in the future..Speculation is irrelevant. But the political entity of the European Union is a dead loss weighed down by corruption and beuracacy.  As Forte pointed out 80% of British Businesses don't deal with the EU but are still  dictated by their rules. This is a fight back against a fascist one world government.  Every EU state should hold a referendum like the UK did.

Is interesting if you ask how the EU membership of the UK for more than 45 years, the life of the ordinary citizen should have limited.
For decades, the UK has one of the highest per capita GDPs and constant growth for decades.
Freedom to work, study or buy a home anywhere within the EU.
As the bad distribution of income in terms of Gemini coefficient showes,  that is not the fault of the EU.

So tell how the EU membership has personally restricted you in your life.

And do not talk about the immigration problem, because the largest immigration into the UK is in sum from non-EU countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Jamaika. This has nothing to do with the EU, this is mostly a specific postcolonial problem of the UK

Edited by tomacht8

12 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Is interesting if you ask how the EU membership of the UK for more than 45 years, the life of the ordinary citizen should have limited.
For decades, the UK has one of the highest per capita GDPs and constant growth for decades.
Freedom to work, study or buy a home anywhere within the EU.
As the bad distribution of income in terms of Gemini coefficient showes,  that is not the fault of the EU.

So tell how the EU membership has personally restricted you in your life.

And do not talk about the immigration problem, because the largest immigration into the UK is in sum from non-EU countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Jamaika. This has nothing to do with the EU, this is mostly a specific postcolonial problem of the UK

I travelled around Europe and there a long time before we joined the EU. Spain and Portugal became more expensive and more anodyne.  RE the immigrant problem which you have ordered me not to mention. The simple fact is that when hoods,, gangsters,  traffickers,  terrorists et get to the European land mass they use it as spring board to invade the UK. And the right buy property  set up a business, rec was on paper only. It's a shame. Greece, Portugal Spain..corrupt to the core. You are talking rubbish. Try and open a pharmacy or Bakery in France. You can't. Your idealist fantasies don't mirror reality. 

Edited by The manic
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tebee said:

I wouldn't worry too much about overrated German cars, they are unreliable and can you believe the readings they give you, if the British want to buy foreign cars I would stick with Japanese, they are far better quality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The manic said:

I travelled around Europe and there a long time before we joined the EU. Spain and Portugal became more expensive and more anodyne.  RE the immigrant problem which you have ordered me not to mention. The simple fact is that when hoods,, gangsters,  traffickers,  terrorists et get to the European land mass they use it as spring board to invade the UK. 

Understand.
Everywhere gets unfortunately more expensive.
Do you think that after Brexit it will be cheaper again for UK people in Spain or Portugal?

Since there are a lot of criminal gangs and immigration-unwilling People coming to Europe, I agree with you fully.
That does not just piss off people in the UK. 
Italy, Austria, Germany, Poland, Hungary and Sweden are also fed up with the unregulated immigration Policy.
There are already changes to be seen on the European stage.
It's a pity that the UK wiped out on a sideline Scene.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't worry too much about overrated German cars, they are unreliable and can you believe the readings they give you, if the British want to buy foreign cars I would stick with Japanese, they are far better quality.

Maybe if you prefer medium class vehicles. 
In the upper segment, the Japanese do not have much class.
But next year, maybe I'll treat myself to a Nissan GTA for a year to blow it up on the German Autobahn at 5am Sunday morning.