Chiang Rai: Search teams ‘making headway’

rooster59

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Extricating anyone from underground is fraught with danger and very difficult anywhere coordination takes time conditions have improved and hopefully a positive outcome will prevail.   

A Very Sensible Post a change from soo much Drivel....  Hope and Pray ! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Maybe you should learn how to quote...

Agree, you were reacting to another post suggesting a kidnap, and basically calling that drivel.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Its a pathetic sight to see them practicing how to carry a stretcher into a helicopter. Just proves how useless and unprepared some of them are.

Of course you know all that. Or is it that your armchair status just gives you the believe that you know it?

I for sure don't know, and I doubt many of the foreigners living in Thailand know, simply because they have never done it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Cave divers always leave a guideline as they enter any underwater passage (tied off at regular intervals to prevent currents possibly moving it into an impassable location) - and even more important with low visibility.  This is partly why forward progress is painstakingly slow, as it may involve much backtracking to find the "correct" route through... They usually dive in pairs (buddy).

They work on the principal of 1/3rd for their air supply.  1/3rd going in and then backtrack.  Even if there are problems they have twice as much air for the return.

A typical tank is around 30 litres in volume, pressurized to around 300 bar (so 10,000 litres at normal pressure).  This should last around 90 minutes, giving approximately 30 minutes to get as far as they can, and then go back out.  They may use double tanks providing there is plenty of room, and allow a deeper penetration.

The next diver (plus his buddy), should be able to get to the furthest extent much quicker simply by following the guideline, and can progress a little further.

Hopefully, when they reach a reasonably large and safe dry section, they can set it up as a forward base, by bringing in communication, lighting, and new tanks, ready to progress into the next flooded section.

A "normally" dry cave such as this would be expected to have just some flooded sections with dry passage in between... It would be unlikely to be flooded over its entire length... but I have no specific info on this particular cave (other than the sketches we've all seen).

Any sign of a rising level of any of the flooded section may require them to evacuate the entire cave... but they would leave any forward base set-up ready.

(You can see them setting up a depth gauge in one of the videos in this or another thread).

Providing the boys have managed to find some high and dry ground, they should be reasonably safe for much longer whilst awaiting rescue, but if they don't realise the rescue effort going on, they may try (or have already tried) to make their own way back.   This is the worst scenario.

That's a useful and informative post. Thank you, we need more of those, Though I'm  not sure we need quite so many threads about the same thing.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, but with a background in criminal justice and investigation, I'm not buying this whole story.  Some things just don't make sense. When I see this kind of things happen, and all the world is focusing on it, I am walking outside the crownds wondering what they don't want us to see. Wag the Dog? False Flag? We'll see.......if they are "in the cave", I hope there is a fish pond, because one of those boys is going to start looking very tasty real soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, welovethailand said:

I'm sorry, but with a background in criminal justice and investigation, I'm not buying this whole story.  Some things just don't make sense. When I see this kind of things happen, and all the world is focusing on it, I am walking outside the crownds wondering what they don't want us to see. Wag the Dog? False Flag? We'll see.......if they are "in the cave", I hope there is a fish pond, because one of those boys is going to start looking very tasty real soon.

Slow internet? Or impatience? Or "grandstanding"?

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes, too many headless chickens...

Thailand needs a well drilled rescue command and control, one person in overall control.

Bruce Willis maybe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hello, can someone explain me ? It is a cave that can be visited, but not when raining ? There was a sign saying it, but they ignored it ? And now, everybody is sure that they are dead it seems ? Thanks.