Rescuers about to reach 'Pattaya Beach' chamber of Tham Luang Cave

webfact

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

Pleasing news but i bet that coach bloke  will get a mixed reception! when he surfaces..... i would not like to be in his flip flops! 

There's one thing that knows no limits in Thailand and that is forgiveness. It's right up there with compassion.

1 minute ago, seajae said:

brilliant stuff, the assistant coach obviously took control of the situation, knew the caves well enough to keep them safe and has managed to get them to hold it together. Organizing the drinking of rain water and going to the higher cave has paid off for them, bloody great news, vert huge relief

An overwhelming team building success!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is good news.

I was beginning to fear the worst especially after such a long time but considering they found nothing on the search the theory that they might have made it to a large cavern started to make more sense.

• Like 2

Watching pictures on CNN now and sadly the photo opportunities for uniformed Thai hi sos has started while the real hard working underlings deserve the credit . Far too many people around all with mobile phones and constantly taking pics. Hopsfully the next hard part will go well as it's far from over . Finding them though !!! Well done everyone . Ohh and interestingly on the pics was uniformed British military along with American and Aussie . 

14 minutes ago, poohy said:

Pleasing news but i bet that coach bloke  will get a mixed reception! when he surfaces..... i would not like to be in his flip flops! 

They might even buy him real running shoes....?

10 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

Watching pictures on CNN now and sadly the photo opportunities for uniformed Thai hi sos has started while the real hard working underlings deserve the credit . Far too many people around all with mobile phones and constantly taking pics. Hopsfully the next hard part will go well as it's far from over .

I think the media circus will at least die down a bit now, as the interest probably wanes after they were found. Good for the rescue teams that will be able to do their job better without thousands of rubberneckers and posturing useless people around.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

13 is a lucky number!

But only in Thailand

...and Italy apparently.

imagine how many thais will be looking for that number on their lottery tickets now

ok sorry for that but as they have been found i think we can litten things up a bit

2 minutes ago, wanderluster said:

imagine how many thais will be looking for that number on their lottery tickets now

ok sorry for that but as they have been found i think we can litten things up a bit

I asked the 3-4 sellers the other day and they were all sold out then. That was before they were found.

Watching pictures on CNN now and sadly the photo opportunities for uniformed Thai hi sos has started while the real hard working underlings deserve the credit . Far too many people around all with mobile phones and constantly taking pics. Hopsfully the next hard part will go well as it's far from over . Finding them though !!! Well done everyone . Ohh and interestingly on the pics was uniformed British military along with American and Aussie . 

Fantastic news, I like many others I suspect was beginning to fear for the worse after so many days without food. I did think they would be ok if they managed to get rain water. 

A huge huge relief, I've become quite emotional on the news. I can only imagine the relief in TH for the boys and families and friends. Reminds me of the trapped miners in Chile, a miracle ???

5 minutes ago, Throatwobbler said:

Great news that they have been found.

However this photo is going round Thai social media and apparently it is an old photo

This same  picture has just been on CNN around 17 50 pm UK time so someone needs a good kicking if this is true !!

Edited by Nigeone