PM thanks the rescue team for saving teen footballers

PM thanks the rescue team for saving teen footballers

By The Nation

n31.jpeg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Monday thanked all party for the efforts to rescue 12 footballers and their coach as they were found alive inside the flooded Tham Luang cave.

“This event demonstrates unity of people in the country. They will succeed in whatever they are determined to do under His Graciousness of King Rama X. Today is considered a good day to Thai people and families of all [the footballers],” Prayut was quoted as saying by government spokesman Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd. 

The 13 footballers had been strained in the deep, complex and flooded cave in Chiang Rai since June 23. 

The rescue team continues the operation to transfer them out of the cave. Hundreds of Thai and foreign experts have joined hands in the search and rescue mission since last week. Flood inside the cave obstructed the operation over the past days. 

Foreign experts from the United States, United Kingdom, China, Japan and Myanmar bring their expertise and equipment to the mission. 

Prayut himself also went to the scene last Friday to oversee the operation and talk to their relatives.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30349180

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-03

16 minutes ago, Barnet said:

If this report hasn't been cut in any way he has come across as a complete and utter ****.  My fears would be that the nation would turn this into a Thai flag waving, Thainess, Amazing Thailand, Thai smile bonanza sponserred by Thai airways....  The first thing I heard this morning was, "The monk said 2 more days..."

The fact of the matter is that these brave kids would have never been found if left to the skills and unity of the Thai people.  Simply put, they do not have the expertise to carry it out.  Other countries saved them and should be awarded the simple courtesy of a thank you.

I fear that this **** and his team will drag Thailand to the depths of pond life in the eyes of the international media once again. 

Man up and allow the people who carried out this incredible rescue to take the accolades they deserve.  For once step back and instead of talking about Rama and unity etc...tell it as it is. We the Thai people could not have done this without the efforts of our international friends.  Nuff said

He actually did say thanks to all the international rescue helpers - Bangkok Post.

The above  report didn't mention that part.

Also the video of the team finding the group was posted on the RTN Seals Facebook page, and has more than 10 million views

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, baboon said:

Err, wasn't it Britons who found them or am I getting my wires crossed?

YES YOUR WIRES ARE CROSSED...was also Americans and Thai Seals...not hear Thai seals speak in vid did you not

• Like 2

TV logic. Criticise Thai politicians if they do make plans to visit the site. But then also criticise them for not attending the site fast enough due to already organised overseas trips. You just cant please some people. 
Lots of posters hate living in Thailand and despise prayut unfortunately for them he will be around for many many years to come

All that stress can not be good physically or mentally. It's how disease builds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Err, wasn't it Britons who found them or am I getting my wires crossed?

haha correct and these are the ''optics'' that the commander and chief didn't expect..and when this circus dies down and the movie deal is done and all the selfies shot,we will remember the face of the diver from UK who heard the words ''thank you'' from the cold and hungery boys trapped for 10 days...planned?? coinciedence?? i personally think its perfect...

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm sure he meant a good day for people in general, not just Thai people.

His quote thanking the international community for their valuable support, was just not included in the report !!

Next thing you know he will be claiming he personally led the rescue team and was the first one to talk to the boys !

• Like 1