VIDEO: Incredible moment rescue workers find boys trapped in cave

6 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The next challenge will be getting the group out of the cave, which some have dubbed a "labyrinth".

Thanks to all the peoples that make this possible, I hope the way out will be not too hard for the guys!

• Like 2

Seems like the Brit who was first there (I know it was a team effort) will be the unsung hero by the name of 

a rescue worker

or

the rescue worker

Let's hope he gets some credit where credit is very much due. Well done my Pommy mate.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaichiro said:

Wonderful! But soon must come the investigation as to why, during an active rainy season with downpours forecasted, and without proper training, they were allowed or decided to go cave exploring. 

Yes, I have thought this right from the beginning. The 25 year old coach will have a lot of explaining to do for allowing the kids to go into the caves with warning signs in place about flooding at this time of year.

Wonderful news though that they are all safe. Let's now hope for a speedy exit so they can all be reunited with their families as soon as possible.

• Like 1

The best news....    great to hear they are all safe

That coach has earned the top "inactive post" in the country for his judgement to take the team in.

google  "wanton disregard for human life"         aint no chinese soup

• Like 1

Yes indeed, well done to the British Cave experts, although we were lead to believe that the Thai Navy Seals won the day ? Never the less, I guess they were there ... I don't even know these boys, but I kept waking up every morning hoping and praying that they were safe, and there we go ... I must admit, I had my doubts.

Well done to all concerned .... now lets get them out without a hassle ....

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to my wife dancing around in delight. This is the best news I have heard for a long time. I truly believed it would end this way. I don't know why, but I felt 100% certain the boys were still alive and okay.

Here's the story (fable) my wife told me.

About 300 years ago there was a beautiful daughter of a king who wanted to marry a poor man. The king forbade her but she married him anyway. The king sent his soldiers to kill the husband, which they did. The daughter, in distress, killed herself and bestowed her body to the mountain and her blood the water. The powerful monk leader who came 3 days ago and said the boys are still alive and you'll find them in 3 days is the reincarnation of the princess' husband.

So there you have it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely delighted with this result and personally don't care who found them as long as they were found alive and well. I hope they manage to get them out safely. That I expect will be quite difficult logistically.

Disgusted with the rosey specs brigade for trying to score cheap points from this story. People react to danger and tragedy in different ways and one of them is to expect the worst in case the news is the worst. I'm sure there isn't one person on the planet who isn't made up with this news.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

This is amazing! Just woke up as usual, and directly checked what was going. This is the best morning I´ve ever had, since many years back in time. This is great, and I am just so greatful that all 13 are found alive, and to all the brave and hard working people that have done this great and fantastic rescue.

There is one thing I do hope though. Here in this forum we have been having members posting rubbish and BS as unsual. Here are some examples without the names:

• One smelled a rat
  • Another one was disgusted about the time it took and that was showing how bad the people and the country was.
  • Other started to talk about that they couldn´t have survived this long.

After that it has been much more. All you people made this comments out of negative attitude, the need to moan and due to your own bad knowledge.

We can just hope that you also are very happy that you were wrong. Hopefully you can put a sock it next time, and show the rest of us that you really learned something.

This is a great day! Thanks again to all involved in the rescue and to everyone that kept positive to read about them fighting for another day, and another day until they finally found all 13 alive and as well as can be expected.

That's just rad coming from someone that's made 2 posts throughout the entire ordeal. 

1 to criticise another post and 1 now to criticise people that have been on these sites since day 1. Every morning and every night we were praying and hoping. 

You're like 9 days too late mate. You should have stayed on your safe fence. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, buffallobill said:

I will be meeting one of the divers tomorrow,  I look forward to shaking his hand,  and buying him a cold beer. Well done to everyone involved. 

If he plans to dive again soon into that cave, I hope he declines your beer.  Shame on those stopping to celebrate too soon.  The work isn't over yet, folks.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Absolutely delighted with this result and personally don't care who found them as long as they were found alive and well. I hope they manage to get them out safely. That I expect will be quite difficult logistically.

Disgusted with the rosey specs brigade for trying to score cheap points from this story. People react to danger and tragedy in different ways and one of them is to expect the worst in case the news is the worst. I'm sure there isn't one person on the planet who isn't made up with this news.

That's right. 

People prepare themselves for the worst. 

I personally thought they were fried on day 7. The brit said they would probably be fried if not found on day 8. It really wasn't looking good. 

Most decent people are just happy to see them alive . The bigger man doesn't need to say I told you so. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, swanny321 said:

AMAZING, just goes to show you must never give up hope. Since it was fellow britishers

in the video I feel a bit of Dylan Thomas coming on:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Glory..Glory Hallelujah ... Prayers have been answered..Tears of Joy & Happiness

Wow the Thai seals rescuers put on a great British accent and the make up is excellent to,they look and sound just like farangs.Well done Thai Navy Seals.its  excellent news all survived .This would make a great movie.i hope the Thai government will give something to these 13 young men.

• Haha 1