VIDEO: Incredible moment rescue workers find boys trapped in cave

10 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

If he plans to dive again soon into that cave, I hope he declines your beer.  Shame on those stopping to celebrate too soon.  The work isn't over yet, folks.

He can't dive again,  as he has a very important  commitment (which will help save lives) so I am happy to buy him a beer,  considering he has been diving all week. 

13 minutes ago, greenchair said:

That's just rad coming from someone that's made 2 posts throughout the entire ordeal. 

1 to criticise another post and 1 now to criticise people that have been on these sites since day 1. Every morning and every night we were praying and hoping. 

You're like 9 days too late mate. You should have stayed on your safe fence. 

The “bigger man” as you quote in one of your posts doesn’t need to constantly post negative misleading information for his own attention seeking agenda,  he sits back, reads the facts and listens to the experts. 

One of the  reason the families and the children got through this ordeal (up to now) has been their positive attitude, religious beliefs and togetherness some on this forum will never experience in their lives. 

Thank goodness those people are made of better stuff. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nip said:

Delighted. It must have been terrifying for the kids in the dark with the water rising? Well done to the English team. And please let's have none of the usual TV moaning. I'm sure it was a team effort so no need for plaudits or criticisms just universal relief.

Fantastic TEAM effort (Minus Thai Airways Photo shots) … Not sure how quick the Thai government waited to ask for Global help but hopefully in future they will react and ask quicker …. SOOO happy the kids and coach are OK … Being bias but I knew we would get organized as soon as the elite Brit team came in 

With such a wonderful British accent and cool attitude, I'm surprised he didn't ask : "Dr Livingstone I presume?"

All jokes aside, this is one hell of a great Tuesday morning, couldn't help those tears in my eyes when I read the news. I also read the entire thread, where bickering and meanness are down to almost zero, so that's two miracles in one day.

Alleluia !

(Edit at 10:00am .... and juuuust after I wrote that comes Mr Get Real and his utterly pathetic comment ... I'll just laugh about it as I refuse to let people like that spoil the joy I'm feeling right now).

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, greenchair said:

That's just rad coming from someone that's made 2 posts throughout the entire ordeal. 

1 to criticise another post and 1 now to criticise people that have been on these sites since day 1. Every morning and every night we were praying and hoping. 

You're like 9 days too late mate. You should have stayed on your safe fence. 

That I do not go out and talk a lot of rubbish during a sensitive mission and rescue, does not mean I did not follow, or that I did not pray for the lost persons. I did that everyday.
If you check your counts regarding my comments, you will find that you are a little bit of. It is more than 2, but maby you are not aware of that more than one thread exists.
1 or two of thoose were to keep the spirit up regarding hope too.

However, I did not think that you would realize your misstake during this thing with your stupid comments. One person said here that it was time for people that comment BS before to be humble.
Unfortunately you do not know that world nor have it in your vocabulary, so I guess we have to forgive you. Only one thing, though?

Can you now explain to us, what kind of rat you smelled. Or did you just miss shower that day?

Unfortunately I felt like I needed to answer you. I little missplace a day like this, that is joyful and happy. Once again I send a big salute too all the people involved in this rescue. You are heroes in my book! Never doubted that you would finally succeed. I also hope that the can get the kids out of the cave as soon as possible, so that they after hostipal can be re-united with their families.

2 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

No, thank people, real, live people?

God inspires people with hearts willing to help.  He gives them the skills to do so.  He also can provide a break in the weather--something no person could have effected.  May God now give wisdom to the rescue teams as to how to safely remove the children, and to know the proper time to do so.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:
9 hours ago, yasbkk said:

Thank God they did  find them alive, and special thoughts to all the people who participated  in the rescue in persons or prayers. These kids deserved the pain to find them, so they will make something good of their lives. 

No, thank people, real, live people?

Or perhaps we ought to thank both ?

In a situation like this, where human beings like these rescuers are willing to put their own life at stake, I'm pretty sure that each and everyone of them is inspired by a deep conviction that something is higher than us and way more significant than our human ego.

It doesn't matter how we call this 'something', or if we even name it, worship it or not, but I'm convinced that the feeling is there. Like you (obviously) I don't believe in a 'Santa Claus' kind of God, but it doesn't have to be that caricature ... or nothing at all. Let's not fall for the usual binary approach, OK ?

And no, I don't think these guys are just 'doing their job'. I don't know about the Thai SEALs - this being their country, they're expected to intervene, but I'm sure that the foreign ones are here on a voluntary basis.

Edited by Yann55

Just now, mike324 said:

kids looked pretty strong in the video, their spirits seems pretty high for being trapped there for 10 days. Can't wait to hear their stories now.

Yep, it's a gonna be a good day when you wake up to news like this!  Well done anyone and everyone who supported the rescuers and support teams.  ?

Well excellent.  Hopefully they can get them some MREs, space blankets, and a little light to make their wait a bit more comfortable.  I'm sure there will be lots of stories to tell after this.  Hopefully this becomes a rescue mission and home-coming plus some future lessons learned as opposed to a Media Circus.  Well, we can hope.  Bravo to those rescuers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Or perhaps we ought to thank both ?

In a situation like this, where human beings like these rescuers are willing to put their own life at stake, I'm pretty sure that each and everyone of them is inspired by a deep conviction that something is higher than us and way more significant than our human ego. It doesn't matter how we call this 'something', or if we even name it, worship it or not, but I'm convinced that the feeling is there.

And no, I don't think they are just 'doing their job'. I don't know about the Thai SEALs - this being their country, they're expected to intervene, but I'm sure that the foreign ones are here on a voluntary basis.

Erm right....point taken but you don't have to believe in the existence of a completely unsubstantiated supernatural realm to be of use to others, or to give up your time or safety on their behalf. I wonder how you determined that "each and everyone of them (my emphasis) is inspired by a deep conviction that something is higher than us ".  Ah, the convenience of the unfalsifiable claim!

PS I never made the rather churlish claim "they are just 'doing their job'."

• Like 1

Called my gf last night when I saw the breaking news on CNN... the call woke her up, but she was ecstatic. She couldn't sleep and called me an hour later, still talking with relief and excitement. I'm sure something similar was played out in houses and huts across the country. A satellite image from space would have probably shown the whole country lit up!  

• Like 1

I expect/hope they have all the right medical experts on scene. I recently read a book about the end of WWII. When the Canadian army entered the Netherlands, they discovered that the Nazi occupiers had cut food supplies to the civilian population and that people were starving (the Dutch refer to it as the Hunger Winter). Out of concern, the soldiers immediately started handing out biscuits and other rations to the starving people, and this resulted in scores of deaths because as hungry as these people were, their bodies were not ready to take in large amounts of solid food. Ten days without any food will put these lads in a similar state (I assume), so I hope they have the right professionals waiting outside the cave (not just well-meaning medics)…  

Well done to ALL the people who made a fantastic effort of rescue. My thoughts are with the boys who hopefully will not suffer any psychological effect from this dreadful experience . I can't begin to imagine the feelings of the parents, to have had their boys returned to them. Let the love flow with blessings to each and every one.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Docno said:

I expect/hope they have all the right medical experts on scene. I recently read a book about the end of WWII. When the Canadian army entered the Netherlands, they discovered that the Nazi occupiers had cut food supplies to the civilian population and that people were starving (the Dutch refer to it as the Hunger Winter). Out of concern, the soldiers immediately started handing out biscuits and other rations to the starving people, and this resulted in scores of deaths because as hungry as these people were, their bodies were not ready to take in large amounts of solid food. Ten days without any food will put these lads in a similar state (I assume), so I hope they have the right professionals waiting outside the cave (not just well-meaning medics)…  

... not only the right professionals waiting outside the cave ...

One of the Thai Navy Seals is a doctor and that was exactly his warning.

However, it will be difficult to make that clear to the 13 boys, for that they are waiting since more than a week ... In the video, I heard yesterday night, you can clearly hear one of the boys saying "eat, eat, eat !"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

That I do not go out and talk a lot of rubbish during a sensitive mission and rescue, does not mean I did not follow, or that I did not pray for the lost persons. I did that everyday.
If you check your counts regarding my comments, you will find that you are a little bit of. It is more than 2, but maby you are not aware of that more than one thread exists.
1 or two of thoose were to keep the spirit up regarding hope too.

However, I did not think that you would realize your misstake during this thing with your stupid comments. One person said here that it was time for people that comment BS before to be humble.
Unfortunately you do not know that world nor have it in your vocabulary, so I guess we have to forgive you. Only one thing, though?

Can you now explain to us, what kind of rat you smelled. Or did you just miss shower that day?

Unfortunately I felt like I needed to answer you. I little missplace a day like this, that is joyful and happy. Once again I send a big salute too all the people involved in this rescue. You are heroes in my book! Never doubted that you would finally succeed. I also hope that the can get the kids out of the cave as soon as possible, so that they after hostipal can be re-united with their families.

It wasn't a little misplaced. 

It was a lot misplaced. You took 1 of my comments from several dozen encouraging comments and made an issue of it. It's a day of celebration and you and another poster chose to point out the low points of members that have been on here day and night. 

It was and is nasty. 

You sat on the fence through the whole thing and come on in with your high and mighty views when the hard part is over. Shameful. 

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Also, to the people who said they would be dead but if they were miraculously found alive the Thais would immediately take all the credit as farangs are worthless here and any farang effort would be discounted, or worse the farangs would be blamed if it all went wrong  - and we all know who you are -  please note this video of two English guys discovering them was posted on the official Thai Navy Seals FB page.   So actually nobody gives a damn - it was a massive, global, team effort, and it is acknowledged as that.  Some people are actually quite grown up about these things.

Really?? All i'm hearing is seals this seals that.. chiang rai governor saying seals found them..Not hearing English cave rescue did from him as they where the first in they found them not the seals.. so your wrong..

British cave rescue are running this show with help from other western rescue teams.. They are directing the Thais how to get them out.. Thais wouldnt come up with an idea of splitting them into 3 coloured groups getting the critical out first..

• Like 1