Monk Who Predicted Thai Cave Rescue Hailed for ‘Intervention’

webfact

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

At the end of October last year my wife and self were in UK.

One day outside the house we had rented, two dogs were going at it with their bums into the wind.

I told my wife that my granny always said that if you see two dogs at it with their bums into the wind then the following year in June there would be record breaking temperatures in parts of UK.

Who's laughing now.

Me!

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

At the end of October last year my wife and self were in UK.

One day outside the house we had rented, two dogs were going at it with their bums into the wind.

I told my wife that my granny always said that if you see two dogs at it with their bums into the wind then the following year in June there would be record breaking temperatures in parts of UK.

Who's laughing now.

The Policeman?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kannot said:

like  miracles when  the  plane  crashed and one  person survived.......miracle....the other 200+ dead apparently dont  count

Used to love the ones where the claim was they saw the crash in a dream and the plane had red markings in some areas.

27 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Weren't they found about 600m past Pattaya Beach?

(I predict the area will in future be known as Jomtien Beach)

A future international world class family resort?

2 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

I predict that the sun will rise tomorrow....Does that qualify me to be a psychic?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

which sun? I mean c'mon thats  really vague at the estimated  billion s of em in the universe

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Good man ... his prayers for English cave rescue experts were answered. Praise Buddha!

and the 24000 who  die  daily of starvation worldwide?

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Good man ... his prayers for English cave rescue experts were answered. Praise Buddha!

Why do you have bring reality a downer into it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Why do you have bring reality a downer into it.

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:
4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, years in the future - next lifetime in fact.

Not if TAT get on board. 

Is that a misprit - TAT get on bored?

1 hour ago, poohy said:

What utter tripe :coffee1:

can he do anything useful?

lottery tickets

exchange rates hedging 

stocks and shares tips

horse racing bets

oh for starters i have lost my house key...tis where?

I am also a monk and I can reveal that you will find your key in the last place you look

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Yes, that is the one of his three predictions that was wrong.

Actually, it is even worse.

He predicted them to be at Pattaya Beach...which was flooded, so IF they had been, where he predicted them to be, they wouldn't even have been alive!

So that is predict-one- get two wrong!

• Like 1

Don't believe it either, but:

My aunt was a bit of a "fortune teller". Told my mom one day that she saw her in an accident, she saw her in the hospital with something around her neck but she was laughing. Also said she saw her in a new house.

The next day mom and dad were in a car accident. Mom sprained her neck, had to have a brace, and in the hospital she made good friends with a lady, and they were always laughing together....couple months later they bought a new cottage at the beach....hard to get that right, just saying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

A country full of the weak minded will follow the Pied Piper.

1 hour ago, kannot said:

like  miracles when  the  plane  crashed and one  person survived.......miracle....the other 200+ dead apparently dont  count

Whether it be a "way of life" (Buddhism) or a religion, there are millions around the world who worship, pray, etc to this sort of rubbish and don't see the huge flaws in it, as in Kannot's post.

Thailand just fits in with the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Actually, it is even worse.

He predicted them to be at Pattaya Beach...which was flooded, so IF they had been, where he predicted them to be, they wouldn't even have been alive!

So that is predict-one- get two wrong!

We were told they would most likely be at Pattaya Beach, that is what we were all hoping for, were we all hoping they had drowned?

The kids were found by the incredible efforts of the rescue teams. Nobody really doubts that.

What this guy predicted on Day 6, was that the kids would be found by Monday Day 9.

We live in a country that's right into superstition and beliefs that many of us simply don't understand. In that context, he offered plenty of Thai's some spiritual hope in a deteriorating situation.

He turned out to be right. 

I don't believe any of the superstitious beliefs that my Thai family shares, however, if it works for them, then that's ok by me.

I think it's wrong to ridicule this guy for being right, just because we don't believe his particular faith.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, electric said:

The kids were found by the incredible efforts of the rescue teams. Nobody really doubts that.

What this guy predicted on Day 6, was that the kids would be found by Monday Day 9.

We live in a country that's right into superstition and beliefs that many of us simply don't understand. In that context, he offered plenty of Thai's some spiritual hope in a deteriorating situation.

He turned out to be right. 

I don't believe any of the superstitious beliefs that my Thai family shares, however, if it works for them, then that's ok by me.

I think it's wrong to ridicule this guy for being right, just because we don't believe his particular faith.

There is a reason we don't understand it but I'll let you answer that.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:
4 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL> he had a 50% chance of being right and they are writing about this nonsense.

Nope, he said they would all be found alive, that they would be found on Pattaya beach and that they would be found within two days.  He was right about two of those things and neither of them had a 50/50 chance.

I didn't think this nonsense was worth dissecting, but since you're eager:

On his departure, the monk told Thai journalists, “They are all still there; they will be found in one or two days,” according to Thai media.

1. They are still there: Brilliant. Probably more than a 50% chance they were still in the caves. More like 100%.

2. They will be found in one or two days: I don't know. What day did he make his amazing prediction?

3. They are still alive. 50/50, either they are alive or they are not.

There was no mention of "Pattaya beach" in the article. I was only going on what was presented in the story.

Edited by tropo
  • Thanks 1