1 year extension of Marriage non -O

Hello,

My Non-O visa stay will end next month and Im planning to extend it for a year.

I have done it before but my problem is that I have to find witnesses every time I have to do it new extension for every new Non -o visa.

and this time I had a hard time looking for witnesses.

Any of the members here have experienced doing it through agents or lawyers who can find witnesses.

my Sri Racha immigration is always strict about this required witnesses.

Thank you for your times.

18 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I have done a 1 year Extn to my Non O Marriage for 9 years and have never, and you don't, need witness.

Just the wife with her ID and housebook.

I've needed one at Jomtien for my last 2 extensions.  The witness needs to take a housebook and ID, plus, I've had to supply photos of the witness with us at our house.  The reason given was because of all the bogus marriages in Thailand.  It looks like Sri Racha has decided to do the same.

3 hours ago, action said:

I don't know about the witness requirement but just this morning I returned from Savannakhet Laos with a one year Non-O visa.  It's my first one as I have always had Non-B through my employer. 

It was surprisingly easy.  I met two men (separately) who were doing the same thing who had tried and tried to get it done in Jomtien but eventually given up. 

5 hours ago, Nuitum said:

My Non-O visa stay will end next month and Im planning to extend it for a year.

There's a difference between getting an extension of stay (not a visa nor anything to do with a non-imm O aside from the need to have originally had a non-imm O entry) and getting a non-imm O visa at an embassy or consulate outside Thailand or attempting to do a conversion of visa type at immigrations.

Unfortunately the difference between a visa and an extension of stay seems lost on many people. Doesn't always matter  but in some cases knowing if you have a visa (which cannot be extended) or a permission to stay (which can be extended if you qualify) does matter.

Edited by Suradit69

34 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

I've needed one at Jomtien for my last 2 extensions. ...

The reason given was because of all the bogus marriages in Thailand.  It looks like Sri Racha has decided to do the same.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, but all the different IOs make up their own rules. This is Thailand.

Yes, this is Thailand where farangs resort to scam marriages and thus make things more difficult for those who are legitimately married. Quite often more onerous immigration requirements are the result of attempts to circumvent the rules. The rules may or may not change, but individual offices may need to change their tactics to enforce them.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, this is Thailand where farangs resort to scam marriages and thus make things more difficult for those who are legitimately married. Quite often more onerous immigration requirements are the result of attempts to circumvent the rules. The rules may or may not change, but individual offices may need to change their tactics to enforce them.

Good post, but all over Thailand it is the same, some IOs will do this, some won't, some will allow this, some won't.

As you rightly say, they all need to change their tactics to enforce them, and all the right hands need to know what the left ones are doing.

Allow the boss men in their fancy uniforms to make up their own rules when they should be working together

and that's what happens. As I said this is Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

First time I did this I needed one witness. Since then , no, at Sakhon Nakon IO. Have always needed a note from the village headman plus copy of his ID. Plus fresh photos of the wife and I outside our house, in our living room and in the bedroom. In these photos the only thing that looks different is the clothes we are wearing and the plants outside!

6 hours ago, action said:

I don't know about the witness requirement but just this morning I returned from Savannakhet Laos with a one year Non-O visa.  It's my first one as I have always had Non-B through my employer. 

It was surprisingly easy.  I met two men (separately) who were doing the same thing who had tried and tried to get it done in Jomtien but eventually given up.  One said that he was denied his 6th attempt at pleasing them with paperwork because the copy of his landlords I.D. card was too blurry.  Before that, wrong color ink on a form.   He gave up and went to Laos.  

I realize Sriracha is a very different office.  I used to do my 90 day check in there to avoid Jomtien, but chose to go to Laos to avoid the hassle.

Not sure if it helps, but an idea for you to consider.  Good luck.

I had similar issues at jomtien with the extension. First it was this. Then it was that. Go back again then they pick on something else. Theres no pleasing them.

There was another member on here who said the same.

I wonder what the benefit is for them of purposefully making it difficult/impossible? People are just gonna go get visas then. Is that somehow better for them? 

I never knew sriracha was an option for people in pattaya. Maybe better luck with extensions there? 

Edited by sikishrory

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I have done a 1 year Extn to my Non O Marriage for 9 years and have never, and you don't, need witness.

Just the wife with her ID and housebook.

You do in Jom Thien witness required each time i have done 4 times marriage extensions and have been told yes witness each time, who in turn is questioned at a seperate desk!

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Good post, but all over Thailand it is the same, some IOs will do this, some won't, some will allow this, some won't.

As you rightly say, they all need to change their tactics to enforce them, and all the right hands need to know what the left ones are doing.

Allow the boss men in their fancy uniforms to make up their own rules when they should be working together

and that's what happens. As I said this is Thailand.

Not in my experience. 

All follow the same rules where I am. 

8 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Not in my experience. 

All follow the same rules where I am. 

Where you are???? Do you mean where you live?

How many Immigration offices are there "where you are"?:crazy:

• Like 1