Chinese man commits suicide by suffocating himself in charcoal fumes in Pattaya condo

webfact

Chinese man commits suicide by suffocating himself in charcoal fumes in Pattaya condo

36735786_1995801237129012_3129859616259702784_n.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Eastern News

A 27 year old Chinese man was found dead in a South Pattaya condo.

The clothed body of Jin Chenjie was propped up against the bathroom wall with two lots of burnt charcoal by the body.

He had sealed up the door of the bathroom with Scotch tape.

Police discovered that earlier he had had a disagreement with relatives.

There was no sign of a struggle or injuries on the body. A suicide note on a table said "sorry".

The body was found on the fifth floor in room 2502 the condo unnamed in the Pattaya Eastern Need report.

Police concluded that it was a case of suicide.

Source: Pattaya Eastern News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-09

Well, points for a different approach than jumping but I'm afraid that's going to give some people ideas. Isn't that a fire hazard?

I think its the Carbon monoxide? that killed him, quite effective way it seems. Its probably in a tin container so not too much of a fire risk, but i doubt he cared at that stage

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, points for a different approach than jumping but I'm afraid that's going to give some people ideas. Isn't that a fire hazard?

I would be pretty certain that whether it was a fire hazard or not, was probably the last thing on his mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thaiwrath said:

I would be pretty certain that whether it was a fire hazard or not, was probably the last thing on his mind.

Perhaps. I wouldn't be so sure. He was polite. He said sorry in his note. He didn't frighten people by smashing his body up in a jump. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Very unlikely to cause a fire in a fully-tiled bathroom.

I also suspect that he chose that location deliberately, out of consideration to others.

Makes sense. Makes it even more tragic, so young and apparently quite a considerate young man as well.

49 minutes ago, 1duckyboy said:

Smoke detectors?

Do *you* have a smoke detector in your bathroom?  The article said he sealed the door gaps with tape.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Do *you* have a smoke detector in your bathroom?  The article said he sealed the door gaps with tape.

It's the most reliable, cheapest, pain free form of suicide..as i have already mentioned on another thread.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:28 PM, The manic said:

It's the most reliable, cheapest, pain free form of suicide..as i have already mentioned on another thread.

Could have got painfully hot in there.

Maybe he took something to sedate himself.