Any new requirements for retirement exstention

Felt 35

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Hi may I ask, with embassy letter re income what else is required?

The application form TM 7 with a photo attached, a copy of your passport ID page, copies of your last 3 extensions, copy of your ATM card or ID page of your bank book to show you can get money here. A 4X6 photo of you with with your house number in it printed in the middle of an A4 piece of paper, a map of where your house is. You should probably bring a new TM 30 resident form just in case and a copy of the old receipt of notification of residence. There is also some form number 2 that states you acknowledge the conditions of your stay. 1,900 Baht. Fillable PDF forms, thanks to Old Croc here: 

http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/ 

5916694611d6b_BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30(1).pdf

Edited by Jimi007
Typo

Note that there's a new thread in the Chiang Mai forum with one poster claiming Immigration there has just begun demanding that Americans show proof of their income, apart from the consulate letter.

No explanation in the thread as yet of whether they mean proof of the income back home or proof of the incoming being received in Thailand into a Thai bank.  And, no word that I've seen of such a policy change, if accurate, being implemented elsewhere.

I should add, Immigration has always had the ability to ask for that kind of proof on a case by case basis. But AFAIK, they've never had a policy to demand such proof from everyone (all U.S. applicants).  Not much confirmation of the report in that CM thread as yet.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Note that there's a new thread in the Chiang Mai forum with one poster claiming Immigration there has just begun demanding that Americans show proof of their income, apart from the consulate letter.

No explanation in the thread as yet of whether they mean proof of the income back home or proof of the incoming being received in Thailand into a Thai bank.  And, no word that I've seen of such a policy change, if accurate, being implemented elsewhere.

I should add, Immigration has always had the ability to ask for that kind of proof on a case by case basis. But AFAIK, they've never had a policy to demand such proof from everyone (all U.S. applicants).  Not much confirmation of the report in that CM thread as yet.

You are correct about Immigration could request confirmation of the income you claim on your US Embassy affidavit, and that has always been the case. It does say on the affidavit that it is income you receive in the US, not in Thailand. I have never been asked as I have known the guy who does the extensions here for 12 years. I am in and out in less than 15 minutes usually, but now they make you pickup your passport the next afternoon.

Thanks to Jim and other TV members input.
Felt.

The TM 7 and re-entry, if needed should be printed on both sides of the same piece of paper. That’s what I read and one year I didn’t and got a bad man head shake as he stapled them back to back!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

never have been asked for map to my house in Phuket

Neither had I. But saw it was required on the Immigration Volunteer website and they took it, along with my photo of me in front of my house with the house number. It's the last item on the list here: http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/

Edited by Jimi007

2 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I have been asked for the last 15 years. Used to provide an image of Google Earth, but one year officer said no good and I had to hand draw a map at his desk. It's nonsense as my drawing was hopeless. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, phuketrichard said:

Did that three years ago when it was "all the rage" but never been asked since. Hmmmm………...

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Jimi007 said:

The application form TM 7 with a photo attached, a copy of your passport ID page, copies of your last 3 extensions, copy of your ATM card or ID page of your bank book to show you can get money here. A 4X6 photo of you with with your house number in it printed in the middle of an A4 piece of paper, a map of where your house is. You should probably bring a new TM 30 resident form just in case and a copy of the old receipt of notification of residence. There is also some form number 2 that states you acknowledge the conditions of your stay. 1,900 Baht. Fillable PDF forms, thanks to Old Croc here: 

http://piv-phuket.com/latest-information/ 

5916694611d6b_BlankFillableFormsPackageTM7-Overstay-TM8-TM47-TM30(1).pdf

Allow me to ask if they not want a copy of the visa which the extension is based on, (previously the want it)?

Thanks, Felt

10 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Allow me to ask if they not want a copy of the visa which the extension is based on, (previously the want it)?

Thanks, Felt

If you have three extensions or more: then copies of your last three extensions. If your last visa is less than three years old, then a copy of the visa the extensions were based on and any extensions. Might not hurt to have a copy of your last visa, just in case I hope that makes sense? I had a 2 year old O visa and one extension, along with a re-entry permit I copied. My old TM 30 was still okay by them, but bring a new one just in case, as it the new thing at immigration. Kind of like the old map and photo issue apparently ... 

18 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

If you have three extensions or more: then copies of your last three extensions. If your last visa is less than three years old, then a copy of the visa the extensions were based on and any extensions. Might not hurt to have a copy of your last visa, just in case I hope that makes sense? I had a 2 year old O visa and one extension, along with a re-entry permit I copied. My old TM 30 was still okay by them, but bring a new one just in case, as it the new thing at immigration. Kind of like the old map and photo issue apparently ... 

Okay so three extensions is the magic number! Well then I should not need copy of the visa but will bring a copy anyway.

Thanks

Felt.

I went in this afternoon, initially went to the front desk to check my address was OK- I had the pdf of my online registration and he said it was fine, just show it in the back office. I had planned to do the 90 day report  just in case there were issues with the address but he said to get that done as well. Was quite friendly and helpful but this may have been down to the fact it was quiet in there and they weren't stressed out.

Round to the back and the happy guy outside checked my paperwork and took out the old notification of address copy I had made and again was happy with the pdf. He quickly cleared me and gave me a number.

Today they were happy with the 2 forms (2 and 7 (including photo)), Pport ID page, visa, entry stamp and arrival card, previous extensions (3),  bank statement, bank letter, copy of bank Book and card and picture outside the apartment showing the address. No request for a map. He barely glanced at the paper showing my online address registration- my extension was stamped in within a couple of minutes.

The clerk then spent about ten minutes extensively scrutinisng the paperwork and tying it in with the computer. probably the longest they have ever checked it and I guess they are looking for anomalies. Photo taken and receipt issued- I was in and out inside 30 minutes.

I did feel sorry for the guy in front of me who had apparently forgotten a 90 day report and the guy at the back was going on about being 60 days overdue! I wouldn't want to be in his shoes (even though he was wearing flip flops).

Although I had got all the paperwork together to sort out the address registration I didn't need it in the end (anyone need any tax stamps!)- online registration of addresses seems to be the way ahead.

Edited by Psimbo

• 4 weeks later...

He told me if you have given hand drawn map and photo of you in front of the house the last time and we find it on our computer system,  they don't ask for it again if you reside in the same place, nor do they want certificate of residence if you already done it and it's on the computer .... (they put a lot more stuff on their computers now.) 

• Like 1

On 11 July 2018 at 4:41 PM, Jimi007 said:

You are correct about Immigration could request confirmation of the income you claim on your US Embassy affidavit, and that has always been the case. It does say on the affidavit that it is income you receive in the US, not in Thailand. I have never been asked as I have known the guy who does the extensions here for 12 years. I am in and out in less than 15 minutes usually, but now they make you pickup your passport the next afternoon.

Why shouldn't proof of income be required? If you don't have the income then you are not allowed to retire here. 

5 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Why shouldn't proof of income be required? If you don't have the income then you are not allowed to retire here. 

Yes. It's more about proof of funds (home country pension, home country income e.g. investment dividends, or money in Thai bank) to display that you can support yourself in Thailand. (without working in Thailand  ? )

Edited by LivinginKata

1 hour ago, cleverman said:

Because it's a sworn affidavit, certified by my government.  I have never had to show my Thai bank account or my US bank accounts. Just the sworn income statement from my Embassy.

16 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Because it's a sworn affidavit, certified by my government.  I have never had to show my Thai bank account or my US bank accounts. Just the sworn income statement from my Embassy.

16 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

I said (why shouldn't). Not why should. Read more carefully. 

• Confused 1