When a Navy SEAL died during Thailand cave rescue, this North Texas doctor intervened

webfact

11 hours ago, lexilis said:

The article cited (Ft. Worth, Texas) has embedded excellent 4 minute video showing the unbelievably difficult conditions inside the cave. Worth clicking on.

Amazing video! After watching it a couple of times I feel that all the kids, and the assistant coach, should become honorary members of the Royal Geographical Society (UK). Not belittling the rescuers' herculean efforts for one second, but these kids did this treacherous 4-km trek in more or less total darkness. They may have started with an old torch or two, and their cellphone torches may have lasted a half-hour or so, but the rest of the escape from the rushing waters must have been done in total darkness. Not a broken bone, nor a serious graze. Well done the original 13, and the cast of hundreds that saved them. On a final note, the ones who are after the coach's scalp, please back off. Without knowing the kids, they are so young, and I'm sure that the very presence of the coach helped to keep up their morale and survival instincts. ALL should be congratulated.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hobobo said:

Amazing video! After watching it a couple of times I feel that all the kids, and the assistant coach, should become honorary members of the Royal Geographical Society (UK). Not belittling the rescuers' herculean efforts for one second, but these kids did this treacherous 4-km trek in more or less total darkness. They may have started with an old torch or two, and their cellphone torches may have lasted a half-hour or so, but the rest of the escape from the rushing waters must have been done in total darkness. Not a broken bone, nor a serious graze. Well done the original 13, and the cast of hundreds that saved them. On a final note, the ones who are after the coach's scalp, please back off. Without knowing the kids, they are so young, and I'm sure that the very presence of the coach helped to keep up their morale and survival instincts. ALL should be congratulated.

Too much guesswork, wishful thinking and unfounded speculation there.

Let's wait till the facts come out.

7 hours ago, chippendale said:

Too much guesswork, wishful thinking and unfounded speculation there.

Let's wait till the facts come out.

Maybe the powers of deduction are too much hard work for your grey matter, but there was actually very little guesswork in my post. The events of 23 June are pretty much well-known to most who followed the story. True, we don't know exactly how many phone torches they had among them. But we do know that they had all arrived at the point 400 metres beyond Pattaya Beach without any significant injury, and in total darkness. So where's the guesswork and wishful thinking?