Thailand cave movie: Hollywood producers already on the scene

snoop1130

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Why MUST it be told?

The vultures are gathering.

Why?  Because it is a great story about the human will to survive, courage, and sacrifice, and obviously it has already gripped the attention of most of the world...in a positive way.  Great movies don't just entertain, they inspire, and this is certainly an inspirational story if there ever was one. 

And not just about the kids who were rescued, but about the rescuers, and one who gave his life, and about how the whole world rallied around a common cause without regard for differences in nationality or religious beliefs that usually characterize most international stories these days.

It's a story that says something good about us as a people, instead of something bad.  I dunno, I'd kind of like seeing a movie like that for a change.

You ask Why?  That's Why.

Edited by Kohsamida
  • Like 1

Fine by be

Let " Adamski "  and the " Scottster "  spend 2 weeks in the cave with no food,  water, communication with the outside world. That should give them a start in understanding what these people have been through. And I do mean " a start "  Many people affected by this in many ways.

Steve HHD

53 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

I may have misunderstood a news post I came across the day the first kids were taken out, but I heard that somehow ThaiVisa was actually responsible for breaking the story of the first kids to emerge from the cave.  And right after I read it, the ThaiVIsa forum crashed and was down for about 15 minutes (as in maybe they suddenly got flooded with hits from around the world. ??)

Anybody care to comment or expand on this.  Just been kind of curious whether there is any truth to this.

I was following TV forum live when the first boys came out, and while I can't say that the site crashed, I got a bunch of 522 and 524 errors right at that time. The site was definitely overwhelmed. I think what happened was someone quoted a tweet on here, I don't know that it's fair to say TV broke the story, I think you'd have to find the twitter account that first tweeted the first boy coming out of the cave.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Why?  Because it is a great story about the human will to survive, courage, and sacrifice, and obviously it has already gripped the attention of most of the world...in a positive way.  Great movies don't just entertain, they inspire, and this is certainly an inspirational story if there ever was one. 

And not just about the kids who were rescued, but about the rescuers, and one who gave his life, and about how the whole world rallied around a common cause without regard for differences in nationality or religious beliefs that usually characterize most international stories these days.

It's a story that says something good about us as a people, instead of something bad.  I dunno, I'd kind of like seeing a movie like that for a change.

You ask Why?  That's Why.

Do you honestly think that the movie will will mirror what happened accurately?

I for one don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

I for one don't.

Right. "Based on a true story" is as close as they ever get. (Even in some so-called documentaries)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I for one don't.

No, of course not.  It can still be inspirational though, and these days with all the divisiveness there is in the world, we need all the positive inspiration we can get.

Edited by Kohsamida

23 minutes ago, overherebc said:

From a movie ??

That's what truly great films are all about.  How about "Schindler's List", or "The 33", or "The Miracle on The Hudson", just to name a few.  Film can be a pretty powerful medium with a positive message.   They're meant to inspire, not merely document, and in the hands of a good director that's what they do better than any other medium .  Think about it.  Haven't you ever felt that way about a film?

Edited by Kohsamida

56 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I for one don't.

Sure.  Apollo 13, almost an exact parallel except the Thai team can't get out of a cave instead of get back from space. The deal with Hollywood was that the movie had to be both 100% technically  accurate and the script had to follow exactly what they said and did. Most of the famous quotes were said in real life.

I think the Thai rescue was technically challenging on more levels and had more unknowns. NASA had an exact, down to the bolt design of the space craft. Both were a race against time using all available expertise. Both even had oxygen/CO2 problems to deal with. But the Thai story really outshines at a human interest and compassion level.

Just get some good lawyers to help the family, kids, and the many heros get their fair share.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

That is who the "Hollywood Producers"  are   -  Pure Flix out of Scottsdale AZ.

4 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Pure Flix is an American independent Christian film and television studio, headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company produces, distributes, acquires and markets Christian and family-friendly films. 

So most probably the only thing they are after is a documentary, which is a positive, and Thaivisa saw a chance to sensationalize it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Vampires! Not the movie, the sick bastards turning up to plan a movie before they are all safely out. I hope they get told politely, or impolitely come to that, to "go forth and multiply." Maybe they can use less words than me though. Like two, with one of them being "off!"

The biggest vampire ... Tourism Authority of Thailand. .They want to bring the tourists in after the 4th child was brought out . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

I knew it! This scum suckers old do anything to make a little money off this saga.

BTW what a crap film this old make.....95% of it old be shot in darkness and muddy water.

Straight to dvd or hallmark.

yeah , especially if they bring in Steven Segal

This would make a great movie if they followed it closely to real events... two weeks of boys stuck back in a cave ordering tom yam. 

They have got to mix it up a bit. Maybe reverse genders and make it a Thai college bikini team who got stuck back there. 

Movie will be made irrespective of you lot like it or not.

On the up side, let’s hope alll the families including the coach get paid enough for their story to make this movie.

they all still come from very poor families and having Hollywood pay for their stories may well change their life forever, even more so after such life changing experience 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, BestB said:

Movie will be made irrespective of you lot like it or not.

On the up side, let’s hope alll the families including the coach get paid enough for their story to make this movie.

they all still come from very poor families and having Hollywood pay for their stories may well change their life forever, even more so after such life changing experience 

yeah but what about the punters?

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:
10 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

That is who the "Hollywood Producers"  are   -  Pure Flix out of Scottsdale AZ.

11 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Pure Flix is an American independent Christian film and television studio, headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. The company produces, distributes, acquires and markets Christian and family-friendly films. 

So most probably the only thing they are after is a documentary, which is a positive, and Thaivisa saw a chance to sensationalize it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I looked up the company and was APPALLED. Then looked at their films. This is grade C schlock - straight to video. I assume that there will be documentaries made and far better than anything these jokers could put out.

I was amazed how and who got the idea they were Hollywood. Then I saw the source. Some news site for outback aussies.  Not a single but a double face palm here. 

Double_Facepalm_Meme.jpg
Hollywood, Movies, the big time! Hold on here .... reality check time.

Edited by LomSak27

9 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

I may have misunderstood a news post I came across the day the first kids were taken out, but I heard that somehow ThaiVisa was actually responsible for breaking the story of the first kids to emerge from the cave.  And right after I read it, the ThaiVIsa forum crashed and was down for about 15 minutes (as in maybe they suddenly got flooded with hits from around the world. ??)

Anybody care to comment or expand on this.  Just been kind of curious whether there is any truth to this.

The story was in another paper for a couple of days before. I remember I put up a post of the story on fb asking friends to share and try to get some international interest. It took a few days to get out there. Maybe 4 or 5 days.