Thailand cave movie: Hollywood producers already on the scene

snoop1130

9 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

Why?  Because it is a great story about the human will to survive, courage, and sacrifice, and obviously it has already gripped the attention of most of the world...in a positive way

A big part of the survival is due to the coach training as a Buddhist monk.

He can do meditation for one hour and go without food for long period of time as monks only eat one meal per day (with no snacks LOL).

I doubt most people would survive if they can't even stand giving up KFC/McDonald for more than one hour as in today's western world.

Try telling western kids not to eat anything for one day in America or Europe and they will scream in pain.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

This was posted in another "rescue" thread and Richard Barrow tweeted it as well.

Idiots hear the words "Hollywood Producer" and their brains go into "OMG - a Hollywood movie producer - this may be my big shot at stardom" mode without ever checking the facts.

Like how Pure Flix is a Christian movie company (the "Pure" being the in the religious sense of the word). They've produced such blockbusters as:

God is (not) Dead.

God is (not) Dead 2.

God is (not) Dead - The Light in the Darkness.

Faith of the Follower.

Samson.

Sarah's Choice (obviously about a woman who gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby  - because of god of course).

It seems that almost all of the films "Pure Flix" puts out are "straight to video/DVD". Hardly the kind of films that would attract "A List" stars to appear in them.

As I mentioned in the other thread (and replied to Richard Barrow's tweet) - using terms like "Hollywood producer" and "A List" stars is designed to strike awe into whoever hears those words, perhaps to the point of giving that "producer" exclusive access and rights to the story.

No doubt the "producer" was (is) expecting that the locals will be so star struck that they'll just bow down and let him do whatever he wants.

It is doubtful that "Pure Flix" will ever actually put out a film about this (but may try to get the movie rights and then resell them to someone else). And if they did put out a movie it would somehow be twisted around to make it look like "god" was the one who rescued the boys and it was an "angel" that kept them alive and gave them hope while they were trapped. Meanwhile the real heroes would be relegated to minor "supporting figures".
(Pure Flix isn't about telling the truth, it's about promoting their religion. Christianity. I highly doubt they'd promote Buddha - or anything other than the Christian "god" in any movie they'd make.)

Let's hope the people actually involved in the whole event aren't as gullible as some seem to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

{snipped}

It is doubtful that "Pure Flix" will ever actually put out a film about this (but may try to get the movie rights and then resell them to someone else). And if they did put out a movie it would somehow be twisted around to make it look like "god" was the one who rescued the boys and it was an "angel" that kept them alive and gave them hope while they were trapped. Meanwhile the real heroes would be relegated to minor "supporting figures".
(Pure Flix isn't about telling the truth, it's about promoting their religion. Christianity. I highly doubt they'd promote Buddha - or anything other than the Christian "god" in any movie they'd make.)

Let's hope the people actually involved in the whole event aren't as gullible as some seem to be.

Being a dyslexic atheist, I think there would be more chance of a dog rescuing the boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the other hand ... they might know something.

At least three of the kids are stateless from Myanmar originally. Adul the guy who was working as translator for the Brit divers was living in a Baptist church in Mae Sai. His parents dropped him there  to keep him away form the Myanmar forces and being sucked into the Guerrillas who would fight the Myanmar army. 

So they do have an angle

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

This was posted in another "rescue" thread and Richard Barrow tweeted it as well.

Idiots hear the words "Hollywood Producer" and their brains go into "OMG - a Hollywood movie producer - this may be my big shot at stardom" mode without ever checking the facts.

Like how Pure Flix is a Christian movie company (the "Pure" being the in the religious sense of the word). They've produced such blockbusters as:

God is (not) Dead.

God is (not) Dead 2.

God is (not) Dead - The Light in the Darkness.

Faith of the Follower.

Samson.

Sarah's Choice (obviously about a woman who gets pregnant and decides to keep the baby  - because of god of course).

It seems that almost all of the films "Pure Flix" puts out are "straight to video/DVD". Hardly the kind of films that would attract "A List" stars to appear in them.

As I mentioned in the other thread (and replied to Richard Barrow's tweet) - using terms like "Hollywood producer" and "A List" stars is designed to strike awe into whoever hears those words, perhaps to the point of giving that "producer" exclusive access and rights to the story.

No doubt the "producer" was (is) expecting that the locals will be so star struck that they'll just bow down and let him do whatever he wants.

The Chilean example suits me.

9 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

On the other hand ... they might know something.

At least three of the kids are stateless from Myanmar originally. Adul the guy who was working as translator for the Brit divers was living in a Baptist church in Mae Sai. His parents dropped him there  to keep him away form the Myanmar forces and being sucked into the Guerrillas who would fight the Myanmar army. 

So they do have an angle

You're spot on there.

Adul can speak (I think) four languages. The 'speaking in tongues' part of the script is there already.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

No they didnt .

It was meant to say they talked about the tourist coming  after the rescue , I think it was disgusting thinking like that ..So soon.

Just now, kevvy said:

It was meant to say they talked about the tourist coming  after the rescue , I think it was disgusting thinking like that ..So soon.

I do recall that it was a reporter who asked him whether the cave would become a tourist attraction and he replied that it probably would .

Its just reporters making stories 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I do recall that it was a reporter who asked him whether the cave would become a tourist attraction and he replied that it probably would .

Its just reporters making stories 

It has emerged that the Tourism Authority of Thailand is making plans to promote Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai, where a dramatic rescue of a children’s football team was completed on Tuesday, as a major tourist attraction.

The authority’s director at the Chiang Rai office, Karuna Dechatiwong, was quoted by the Bangkok Post as saying the organisation would work with local officials and the private sector to promote the cave as it anticipates a bounce in tourist numbers following the rescue.

F - - - Hollywood.  They'd likely make a bunch of pretty boy Western actors the #1 heroes and tell the story entirely from a Western perspective (because they think that's all their audience can understand).  Just look at the Hollywood movies that came out about the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.

Don't get me wrong:  a great movie could be made about the rescue, but Hollywood won't make it.

Juts deport their sorry excuse for human entities. On the other hand, if theese people would be forced to buy a ticket to their home country, that would be outer space. Call Elon!

Edited by Get Real

10 minutes ago, JTXR said:

F - - - Hollywood.  They'd likely make a bunch of pretty boy Western actors the #1 heroes and tell the story entirely from a Western perspective (because they think that's all their audience can understand).  Just look at the Hollywood movies that came out about the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.

Don't get me wrong:  a great movie could be made about the rescue, but Hollywood won't make it.

Read page 4 about who these :"Hollywood producers" are ...

Got the point that you hate them ... but no, no  Hollywood Producers here.

31 minutes ago, kevvy said:

It has emerged that the Tourism Authority of Thailand is making plans to promote Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai, where a dramatic rescue of a children’s football team was completed on Tuesday, as a major tourist attraction.

The authority’s director at the Chiang Rai office, Karuna Dechatiwong, was quoted by the Bangkok Post as saying the organisation would work with local officials and the private sector to promote the cave as it anticipates a bounce in tourist numbers following the rescue.

Yes ,it probably will become a tourist attraction , nothing the TAT can do about that and it is their job to promote it as a tourist attraction 

27 minutes ago, JTXR said:

That's kind of an unfair generalization about Hollywood, don't you think?  I mean, granted, a lot of garbage makes it's way to the silver screen, but Hollywood is capable of producing great films, and it's done more often than just once in a while.  Films by Steven Spielberg or those featuring Tom Hanks are pretty good examples.

Edited by Kohsamida
  • Like 1

Dream Cast:

Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Coach: "Run! Go! Get to ze chopper!"

Shia Leboeuf, Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood, Kit Harrington, Peter Dinklage, Johnnie Depp, Brad Pitt, Robert Downey Jr., et al as The Cave Boys

Vin Diesel, Dwayne Jonson, Jason Statham as The Divers

George Clooney as The Governor

Gary Oldman as Prayut

Samuel L. Jackson as A Reporter

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Dream Cast:

Shia Leboeuf, Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood, Kit Harrington, Peter Dinklage, Johnnie Depp, Brad Pitt, Robert Downey Jr., et al as The Cave Boys

Gary Oldman as Prayut

Oops, I mis-read Gary Oldman as Gary Coleman

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Dream Cast:

Gary Oldman as Prayut

Wot! No Brits?

Nothing, as intensity and emotion, will equal the original which finished yesterday

always prefer the original to the copy ; I can't imagine the story with only farangs and American actors 

they can only present  it as " inspired from a true story ) 

8 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Orlando Bloom, Kit Harrington, Jason Statham, Gary Oldman

Are they really Brits? 

Gary Oldman I vaguely remember from pop music but I have never heard of the others. It must be an age thing as I am 74 and don't watch movies. :sorry:

No Oscars for guessing this would happen and why not?

Providing the kids, their families, the family of the Diver who sacrificed his life and the heroic rescuers are protected and NOT FLEECED by greedy Movie Producers.

17 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Nothing, as intensity and emotion, will equal the original which finished yesterday

always prefer the original to the copy ; I can't imagine the story with only farangs and American actors 

they can only present  it as " inspired from a true story ) 

Who says it has to be only Farang actors?  Did you see the movie, Captain Phillips about the hi-jacked supercarrier, with Tom Hanks?  Somali native Barkhad Abdi's portrayal of one of the pirates was pretty believable and he had never even acted before, and his role was pivotal in the film .  All of the pirate actors were native Somali's and that made the film as authentic feeling as it needed to be.

And that was a fine film BTW for those who say Hollywood can only produce garbage.

Edited by Kohsamida

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

Western actors who would eat buckets of KFC inside the caves and who can't sit still more than 10 hours let alone 10 days. ?

They need Buddhist monks for the movie.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Wot! No Brits?

Sorry, but by the time Hollywood gets done with it they will have been written out. Total American operation from top to bottom. They call it creative licence to sell tickets. That's what happened with Argo.

https://www.macleans.ca/general/former-u-s-president-jimmy-carter-says-argo-gives-short-shrift-to-canada/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jerry921 said:

They have to cast someone who can speak English intelligibly.

Maybe they can make a Tinglish version , all the actors are Thais and speak the English they learned at school or by talking to foreigners.   

"we go cave" "we wait long time" "me hungry" "I'm interesting in football"  etc. 

I see an Oscar in the horizon . 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

Maybe they can make a Tinglish version , all the actors are Thais and speak the English they learned at school or by talking to foreigners.   

"we go cave" "we wait long time" "me hungry" "I'm interesting in football"  etc. 

I see an Oscar in the horizon .

if there's a Tinglish version, I'd suspect it might win a Foxtrot Oscar.