Thailand cave movie: Hollywood producers already on the scene

snoop1130

Maybe get the Thai boys to play themselves, (in a mock-up of the cave, obviously).. There wouldn't be much "acting" to do.. just flicking a torch on occasionally, nibbling at their snack and collecting the dripping rainwater, while the coach teaches them to meditate.  And a game of football at the start before they head-off for the birthday party.  Hardly need A-list actors for that. 

The real stars would be the rescuers - selflessly putting their life on the line (and one sadly paying the ultimate price), and the rescue coordinator (with a bit of background about his anti-corrupt nature).

But quite how you could compress the tension and drama of the past 17 days into just 2-3 hours is very difficult to image.

1 minute ago, steve73 said:

Maybe get the Thai boys to play themselves, (in a mock-up of the cave, obviously).. There wouldn't be much "acting" to do.. just flicking a torch on occasionally, nibbling at their snack and collecting the dripping rainwater, while the coach teaches them to meditate.  And a game of football at the start before they head-off for the birthday party.  Hardly need A-list actors for that. 

The real stars would be the rescuers - selflessly putting their life on the line (and one sadly paying the ultimate price), and the rescue coordinator (with a bit of background about his anti-corrupt nature).

But quite how you could compress the tension and drama of the past 17 days into just 2-3 hours is very difficult to image.

I foresee some plot development, with perhaps a gay relationship among a couple of the lads, a photogenic girl added somehow, and a kick ass female cave diver taking a prominent role. Never let it be said that Hollywood bothered with facts in their desire to cash in large.

?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

kick ass female cave diver

Yes why were there no female cave divers in the group?  Men and women are equal these days.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only way this can viewed in a positive way will be if money is put into the pockets of those families who had loved ones stuck in that cave, perhaps as scholarship funds. Some payment to the operations who actually got the team out also since there is no way this effort came cheap. The viewing audience will be entertained and help fund some f the operation. Unfortunately the blood suckers will also get theirs. They will get more of an audience if the event is still fresh in the worlds mind. 

It is unfortunate that the intent is to benefit by virtue of others suffering but if they go forward hopefully a way will be found to benefit those who have suffered.

• Like 1

I pray for a docu-drama that would provide some real facts of what happened, what "truth"
remains beneath all the news spin cycles fastforwarding to a happy ending, and people's rush
for a heroes ticker tape parade. This reminds me of the plane crash in the Andes decades ago. An excellent book, plus several movies were made out of it. Most are ok, but the last one takes the cake: "Stranded: I've Come From a Plane That Crashed on the Mountains" is a gem, consisted mainly of the survivors
giving their personal account 30 years after the event.

Whether is was a heroic rescue or an unmitigated disaster, Hollywood was on the sidelines ready to write the scripts and cash in on the profits.

No - I don't have a lot of respect for my fellow man, especially those who siphon wealth from the misfortunes of others - and ain't this just as good of an example as you can get!!!  You can just hear that 'sucking' noise of money pouring through the box offices.

I hope they have the decency to divert some of those funds to the Thai Navy Seal who gave his life to the rescue -- like a lot of funds.  However, my guess is that there will be more million baht watches distributed to the undeserving, with little more than peanut shells for the actual victims.  And you can't rule out jail time for the coach. 

Edited by connda

On 7/11/2018 at 6:56 PM, canuckamuck said:

898rud3jv5911.thumb.jpg.e198e18133ff22e2cdcf88f8c5091067.jpg

Found this on Reddit.

Why do I want to throw up?  Because you're too close to the truth.  Cynicism is based on understanding how reality is obfuscated into little more than propaganda and profit margins. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, steve73 said:

Slow fade to next scene... "day six"... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, steve73 said:

IMO there will be little in the cave, as the A listers will insist on taking the limelight, so it'll be mainly about the "rescuers" that they play, and all the tension and drama will be outside the caves. No farang women actually went in, so the Hollywood requisite "strong woman" part will be set outside the cave- perhaps coming up with the lightbulb moment that  ensured the safe extraction of the 13.

• Like 1