Fully automatic small standby generator

crs

Hi.

Looking for something that can be wired in to provide for couple of PCs and network related in case of no power for the day and blackouts, as can happen (ie. not whole house so relatively low output OK).

Anyone know a local source? 

Thanks.

Here is a good source to see pricing and models available here in Thailand...

http://www.hardwaremart.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&category_id=120&page=shop.browse&Itemid=64&limitstart=0&limit=50&vmcchk=1&Itemid=64

I think a small Kipor Inverter model like the IG2000 would work... You would need to work out the power needs and size wattage double... You might look into a UPS also to keep the system up while you get the generator going... Lazada.th.co has these

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-ups/?spm=a2o4m.pdp.breadcrumb.3.36702cd6sZWZXO

Edited by sfokevin

^^^ A 5,000kw diesel generator seems a bit overkill to run a couple computers... You should consider the noise and fuel economy of such a large unit... Is a ATS really Needed?... If you have a UPS for the computers they will stay on for 10-15 minutes after a power outage... this will give you time to manually start the generator and plug an extension cord from the generator to the UPS...

Yes, size of that gen is way bigger then req' but ATS is 100% necessary as I can't always be available. Any noise would only effect myself and fuel consumption should only be a rare occurrence.

In looking at the IG6000 manual I do not see any indication of a ATS or Auto Start...

http://kiporpowerequipment.com/manuals-literature/

You might consider a UPS that has an internal 12v battery that you could add a daisy chained larger 12v battery deep cell solar battery to it giving you a couple hours of run time for a computer...

Edited by sfokevin

Checking APC UPS + extra runtime batteries required to supply for about 8-10 hours, I think it would cost out at 150-200k... A lot more expensive then what I think you could get a standby generator setup for - and batteries would need replacing 3-5 years. 1 upside would be simplicity, I guess - auto refill power reserves without having to fill a tank, etc - but a generator of this size could supply other emergency electricity no problem if wanted.

For long run times you can't beat a silent genset.

We do have UPSs one of which keeps the lights on so I can re-fuel the genset or work out why it didn't start on a wet dark night (it's always wet and dark) but their main purpose is to bridge over the 30 seconds or so it takes for the genset to fire up.

Cannot allow anything to interrupt SWMBO's TV viewing.