When it rains it pours - inside this woman's MG car!

webfact

When it rains it pours - inside this woman's MG car!

6PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A young Thai woman went on Facebook to complain about her MG car that she bought in Pattaya.

Before she had her vehicle ten days it was letting in the rain.

Orn-uma, 27, paid 800,000 baht for her red MG 1.5X back in May. But it was always soaking wet inside after the rain. And she wondered if it was even safe to drive with all the electrics.

Requests to MG to refund her money or change the car fell on deaf ears according to Orn-uma who was contacted by Sanook.

Now she is preparing to go to trading standards to get justice.

She said the car had caused her and her family untold grief. She even complained that it was under-powered for overtaking.

MG promised Sanook a response in the case by 3pm today.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-12

36 minutes ago, drbrit said:

Chinese crap.   They bought the MG brand and their business plan is to market off British sports car heritage.   But they are pretty shabby build quality (maybe that was part of British sports car heritage too !!)

Isn't MG Indian owned now?.

1 hour ago, drbrit said:

Chinese crap.   They bought the MG brand and their business plan is to market off British sports car heritage.   But they are pretty shabby build quality (maybe that was part of British sports car heritage too !!)

No, MG has renown racing heritage, in fact most stuff was exported to the USA...Do a google..

PS..My 1964 MGB soft top did not leak water.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Must confess I don't like the name buying....Today's "Mini Cooper" has nothing to do with the names fame, just lucky that BMW does supply near faultless engineering, but it is a bought name for the masses that they can make money on..

Indeed Tran's ( nice to hear from you ) buying Brit' marques as did the Germans with Mini , RR , Bentley was always likely to produce good motors if a little Germanic in character .. But the M G brand and it history is sullied being attached to these things .. Needless to say you don't see many of 'em on the road in Britain ..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Indeed Tran's ( nice to hear from you ) buying Brit' marques as did the Germans with Mini , RR , Bentley was always likely to produce good motors if a little Germanic in character .. But the M G brand and it history is sullied being attached to these things .. Needless to say you don't see many of 'em on the road in Britain ..

And who will buy this name I wonder...☹️

7945615_Austinh.jpg.c195009cd61c982fa434d4e8a845add1.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

And who will buy this name I wonder...☹️

7945615_Austinh.jpg.c195009cd61c982fa434d4e8a845add1.jpg

As far as I can tell the Chinese Nangjing motor corp bought the Austin Healey name back in the 2000's sometime but its unclear if it can be used or maybe is marketable as the younger gen' may not be so familiar with who A H are or that the 3000 was one of the sports cars of the 50/60's .. ( best colour scheme also the one above )

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

As far as I can tell the Chinese Nangjing motor corp bought the Austin Healey name back in the 2000's sometime but its unclear if it can be used or maybe is marketable as the younger gen' may not be so familiar with who A H are or that the 3000 was one of the sports cars of the 50/60's .. ( best colour scheme also the one above )

I did have a ? as to why BMC did not use the MG brand with the Mini...After all MG marked rides of the time were using BMC engines...

But suppose they went off to a tangent as Cooper were doing well...To me with the Mini winning streak it would have really brought the MG badge to the fore once again..

BMC did use it again though...

22 minutes ago, transam said:

I did have a ? as to why BMC did not use the MG brand with the Mini...After all MG marked rides of the time were using BMC engines...

But suppose they went off to a tangent as Cooper were doing well...To me with the Mini winning streak it would have really brought the MG badge to the fore once again..

BMC did use it again though...

Indeed they did .. Though fair to say the Metro never managed to achieve greatness like the Mini did .. It can be viewed as a testament to a marques  reputation that corp's are willing to buy and revive a name hoping to relive past glories .. Norton and Brough Superior have both been recently resurrected and both seem to make bikes worthy of the badge that folk are willing to wait and pay big money for .. But when a badge such as MG's is stuck on a dodgy motor's like Metro's , Maestro's and the latest abomination at the top of the post then the marque can be reduced to joke status .. 

IMG_20180712_082128.jpg

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drbrit said:

If you have any plans to buy a Harley made in Thailand, think twice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Indeed they did .. Though fair to say the Metro never managed to achieve greatness like the Mini did .. It can be viewed as a testament to a marques  reputation that corp's are willing to buy and revive a name hoping to relive past glories .. Norton and Brough Superior have both been recently resurrected and both seem to make bikes worthy of the badge that folk are willing to wait and pay big money for .. But when a badge such as MG's is stuck on a dodgy motor's like Metro's , Maestro's and the latest abomination at the top of the post then the marque can be reduced to joke status .. 

IMG_20180712_082128.jpg

A time when BMC (BL) was heading south and never recovered....☹️

17 minutes ago, transam said:

A time when BMC (BL) was heading south and never recovered....☹️

Too right .. Fancy Allegro's , Princess's were called Vanden Pla's , Honda Ballade's were Triumph Acclaim's ( though a little soulless that was as a good motor ) and B L then had the effrontery to stick the MG badge on Monty turbo's .. Sacrilege ..

IMG_20180712_090009.jpg

There is a good reason why they are cheap to buy in LOS, they are rubbish.   If it's cheap, regardless of what product it is, chances are it's no good and wont last, a lesson I have yet to teach my wife, who buys shoes at 500 Bhat and wonders why they don't last a month. 

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I've bought a new MG5 just over 2 years ago.  Never had any problems, and my wife absolutely loves driving it. 

Ditto.  My wife loves hers and I enjoy driving it when home too.

Seems to have plenty of power and much easier to park than her old Vios.

• Like 1

our cousin bought one and its great, she loves it, have to wonder if this female closes the sun roof properly if at all, maybe she is really a blonde. Small motor so naturally they dont have a lot of power and they have to be run in from new, sounds like she lacks just a bit of the smarts

Edited by seajae