Intersex people entitled to health coverage for sex change

snoop1130

Intersex people entitled to health coverage for sex change

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4AJr0hgI3TzSognS8fus5wJ7oE9DIAsmfKARZb.jpg

Intersex people who are born with a combination of male and female biological characteristics are entitled to health security right for sex change but with approval of a medical practitioner, said Dr Sakchai Kanchanawattana, secretary-general of the Office n of National Health Security.

His was responding to a question raised by the National Human Rights Commission about whether intersex people could ask for a sex change under health security scheme without paying any expenses for the surgery.

Dr Sakchai said that people classified as LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex) who are entitled to use health security scheme for sex change are confined to the intersex group only.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/intersex-people-entitled-health-coverage-sex-change/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-7-13

He cited as an example, a person with breasts and a male genital as well as other female characteristics such as female hormones and a doctor has approved the person of being a female requiring medical treatment to fit with the actual gender.

Okay

Transgender, he added, is not entitled to health security coverage for sex change.

What?

It's the same thing!

Chicks with *icks.

Dr Sakchai please explain in more detail, for I do not understand.

13 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Okay

What?

It's the same thing!

Chicks with *icks.

Are you being a bit dim? 

Some people are born with both male and female characteristics- and both male and female genitalia.

Therefore at some stage there can be surgical intervention to correct this situation- and make the person either male or female - can be problematic. 

It is not the same as transgender.

These days there is much more acceptance of trans people - your “ chicks with d*cks” comment perhaps demonstrates your bigotry. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Okay

What?

It's the same thing!

Chicks with *icks.

I think he is referring to body parts of natural origin. Every Tom, Dick and Apple on Bangla road might not qualify.

15 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Okay

What?

It's the same thing!

Chicks with *icks.

He's talking about hymophrodites, that are born with both female and male reproductive organs. 

These days parents usually wait until they grow up to decide which gender the child is, as there have been some mistakes. And some choose to keep everything they were given. 

57 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

A Thai sex change?  good luck to them they'll cut their d***ks off then probably forget to put the fake vagina in then it will be   'nearly chicks but no dicks'

Very,  very  impressive post,  Bob.

Maybe the site admin will consider penning it  in your honor?

Keep it coming..

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, watcharacters said:

Very,  very  impressive post,  Bob.

Maybe the site admin will consider penning it  in your honor?

Keep it coming..

Twas only a smidgen of humour and made the point that going under a Thai government scheme surgeons knife might not be something to be craved for.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Twas only a smidgen of humour and made the point that going under a Thai government scheme surgeons knife might not be something to be craved for.

It's  the "only a smidgen of humour" part that I suggest penning.