British cave diving hero finds love with Thai nurse

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, MeHere said:

Good luck to them both... 
Anybody who can bash this story in any way have some serious issues that need to be addressed.

100%

Sadly, I think you will finish up disappointed regarding your second comment.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bluweyze said:

Actually she is not a qualified nurse she is a dementia manager, she does not yet work in Australia (but she has plans to) having taking a holiday in the UK from working in Chiang Mai for the last 2 years although before Chiang Mai she did work in Australia. She is one of the nicest girls you could wish to meet and he is a lucky guy. 

agree. Seems auspicios - she she has a good job experience speaks English and has been in the Uk and Oz. The culture shock will be smaller for both.

Best of luck for them

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, JAG said:

If she is a dementia manager, she has my absolute utmost respect. I cared for my mother full time for several years of dementia, before coming out here. It was terrible. If she chooses to do it as a vocation then she must be some sort of angel!

A dementia manager, with the state the UK  NHS is in they, would welcome her with open arms, and with the SE Asian culture of caring for older people, she would do well, go for it. 

• Like 2

Just now, KKr said:

that is good information !

I truly do not understand why the news papers now start prying into the private lives of people involved in bringing this mission to a good end, as well as the lives of those rescued.

Easy picking for newspaper copy writers probably.
No respect for common day needs of people: privacy and opportunity to work and study.
Please do go to the next news, do a journalists' job and 
do not turn a historic event into a continuous media show potentially ruining lives of those put in the spot light.

I fully respect and endorse the intent of your post.  Sadly I think we will both be disappointed if we expect that to happen

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KKr said:

that is good information !

I truly do not understand why the news papers now start prying into the private lives of people involved in bringing this mission to a good end, as well as the lives of those rescued.

Easy picking for newspaper copy writers probably.
No respect for common day needs of people: privacy and opportunity to work and study.
Please do go to the next news, do a journalists' job and 
do not turn a historic event into a continuous media show potentially ruining lives of those put in the spot light.

Hear-Hear.

5 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

I fully respect and endorse the intent of your post.  Sadly I think we will both be disappointed if we expect that to happen

It is becoming already sad, so we will not be disappointed.
But, to grow a forest, one has to plant a seed, at least I said it, and now we are already two  three . ?

Edited by KKr

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

All power to them, but with her working in Australia and him working in the UK it's going to be hard to keep the spark alive.

Right sounds like Alice in wonderland to me, but dreams are free

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotThatGuy said:

1. Age 

2. Your partners education level 

Yes been here nearly 8 years, most ladies here in Pattaya are from the villages with little or no education. Their main aim is to score a rich man and aquire from him as much money as possible before there departure. I have been hit on so many times for money, I now just give up, play golf, fish, and enjoy my money. Old men like me, have little but no chance of finding a decent lady to form a relationship for the rest of my life. Im HAPPY with that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DavisH said:

Given she is working as a nurse in Australia, I would imagine she could get similar work in the UK, if she so desired. 

3 hours ago, johncat1 said:

You are a real doom and gloom merchant aren't you ?  Not everyone that comes to Thailand is a sex tourist.

As she appears to have freedom of movement they can meet in many places on a regular basis 

17 minutes ago, Jingjock said:

Right sounds like Alice in wonderland to me, but dreams are free

Oh dear. I made a couple of puns, based on the young lady's name (Amp), and people didn't get it.

Maybe I should have posted in the Electrical Forum.

By the way, johncat1, I did not mention or imply sex tourism - that was your own invention.

• Like 1

To bad they didn't meet for the first time during the rescue.  Quite a coincidence that she was in Chiang Rai for just a few days and that he was called into help.   How old is she?