British cave diver slams Elon Musk’s submarine idea as nothing more than PR stunt

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

He was encouraged by Rick Stanton to continue, though their communications appeared to stop once the rescue mission started. 

Probably not so useful to him if he's already living here and on yearly visa extensions. 

Someone might have already posted this,,

• Like 2

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well, that was a fairly frank discussion of what was possible and what was a waste of time. Good job that experienced people were listened to, rather than pander to fantasy and PR gimmicks. It is really sad that the genuine heroes of the story have played their role down, while some others will use a life or death tragedy for promotion, with no idea of what was even halfway feasible. Thank You, Vern, for setting things straight.

Dhv9BppUwAArP8X.jpg.153b0b5bf20e3ac8df0a3392d2d2abe5.jpg

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

Auch ?

Respect

6 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Lordie, Musk's one of the most successful entrepreneurs on the planet, Tesla, Space X, ... Of course, when you're pushing the envelope on engineering you're going to run into issues.

Little people like you and me have little problems, billionaire businessmen have really big ones. Little people have internet forums to vent their frustration with their little lives, billionaires can deploy thousands of engineers to fix a bug and then retreat to a yacht to unwind.

Life ain't fair. Deal with it.

No truer words typed.  (Simple people = Simple minds)

• Like 1

I just want to say both type of people is necessery to push the limits for the better, but still it is two different types and backgrounds. 

I just guess it was not the time and place for Musk to show up, and use his mediapower! Good idea if only option and if it would fit in the passages, and the kids had to stay there 3-4 months. Then they would have time to test it properly. 

Edited by Hummin

4 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Oh dear such a pity its an unprofessional thing to say makes the British divers look bad.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDB using Tapatalk

It's an honest and forthright opinion.  Another British trait.

There you go,when I was calling him a fraud and 21st century delorean I got some crap of some of the other members,now he's been exposed.i said he was only going to get in the way of an operation that had nothing he could help with.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Mr Unsworth explained that because the submarine was 5ft 6 long and rigid it would have been unable to go round the obstacle and tight passageways inside the cave.

Though this man's contribution saved lives, it sounds like Musk just go it wrong and like others, he gave it a try.  He deserves the benefit of the doubt.  Sadly every notable tweets now a days. 

I will say that I find the Silicon Valley boys who contemplate WWED, "what would Elon do", nauseating.    Musk since starting the global monopoly paypal, has received numerous government handouts for his current businesses.   For being the driving force behind paypal and showing up in Thailand, he deserves credit.   For SpaceX and Tesla, not so much. 

• Thanks 1