Blacklisted (apparently) then name locked? Mixed results from different people/departments

7 minutes ago, VoidedEntry said:

Once ur removed from black list apparently ur name is locked, prolly to further question you?

No expert but blacklist does not always mean a blacklist.

in personal experience, I was on bail from the courts and my name was in immigrarion system. Some officers called it blacklist, ones with more brain called it a “notice “.

my notice was not to allow me out of the country as I was out on bail.

to extend visa, I had to get a letter from the court stating I was  clear to get visa .

once matter ended in court, name was removed 

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

No expert but blacklist does not always mean a blacklist.

in personal experience, I was on bail from the courts and my name was in immigrarion system. Some officers called it blacklist, ones with more brain called it a “notice “.

my notice was not to allow me out of the country as I was out on bail.

to extend visa, I had to get a letter from the court stating I was  clear to get visa .

once matter ended in court, name was removed 

And who should I go about contacting to get some more information on this, apparently they want information from me on something

Taxi driver was fired because I was looking at maps, and he was going way out of the way to get to the airport to raise the fare, and she decided to take matters into her own hands, and got him fired, which wouldn't raise suspect, but she laughed about it. Anyhow yes, because I dont have a lot of information on it, so I dont know what it is, thai visa said that I was name locked but 'no remark' on the lock, so i guess on the computer screen it showed a name lock but didn't say what it was about or for?

11 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Did this woman REALLY complain strongly enough to the taxi firm to get a taxi driver fired?  That strikes me as debatable.  I doubt that a driver would be fired for taking the long route as he could quite easily (and probably quite legitimately) explain that there was an accident / unusual or busy traffic that caused him to go the long way to save time.  Many taxi drivers are complained about for things much worse than going the long way and nothing comes of it.  This woman may very well be a BSer and as such, I wouldn't take a lot of notice of anything she says.

Yes most deff. a bullshitter, totally agree with you there. Do I know for sure? Of course not, was he fired, maybe/maybe not, but I am just showing you the nature of her. But if infact a bullshitter, then maybe she wouldn't mind doing the same to me

Edited by VoidedEntry

9 hours ago, VoidedEntry said:

And who should I go about contacting to get some more information on this, apparently they want information from me on something

No idea champ, my lawyer came back saying blacklist, when i went into immigration myself, they said its not a blacklist but just a notice.

59 minutes ago, BestB said:

No idea champ, my lawyer came back saying blacklist, when i went into immigration myself, they said its not a blacklist but just a notice.

Maybe I will get a mandatory visa extension, not sure if thats a good thing or not

2 hours ago, VoidedEntry said:

Maybe I will get a mandatory visa extension, not sure if thats a good thing or not

If immigration said you have nothing then you have nothing .

worse case, they will question you or throw you out of the country 

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

If immigration said you have nothing then you have nothing .

worse case, they will question you or throw you out of the country 

Worse case he's arrested and charged with a crime.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

...As an aside, a statement that someone called "Somchai", a male first name with no surname, had issued a police report against you would make me immediately almost sure someone was trying to scam me.

If the Royal Thai General System of Transcription (RTGS) was used for the transcription of Somchai it can refer to both a man (สมชาย) or a woman (สมใจ) but with different pronunciations

6 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Worse case he's arrested and charged with a crime.

You think immigration would lie to me though? This is a photo from the blacklist check... The real question lol, if this was true, and I was blacklisted on March 31, of 2016, then why when I left on April 5th of 2016, did they not stop me, arrest me, and detain me, I was told that the computer system might not have updated quick enough, but im sure if they issued an black list pending an investigation that I would have found out as I was leaving, something seems off.

BigDogFalls.png

Edited by VoidedEntry

8 minutes ago, VoidedEntry said:

You think immigration would lie to me though?

Yes, in as much as individuals will often give conflicting information.

However, you were told no blacklist, but subject of a "notice".

As I've stated above it's not necessarily a ban from entering, but possibly a police matter and they may want to interview you if you reenter the country. You did state she filed a police complaint for threatening her.

1 minute ago, Old Croc said:

Yes, in as much as individuals will often give conflicting information.

However, you were told no blacklist, but subject of a "notice".

As I've stated above it's not necessarily a ban from entering, but possibly a police matter and they may want to interview you if you reenter the country. You did state she filed a police complaint for threatening her.

No when I spoke with the girl, she told me she didn't do anything, she said 'why would I do that?', I contacted her directly after having my doubts about the blacklist check, the black list check said I had made a thread to a 'som chai' but I know no such person under the name, and hadn't had enough interactions in thailand.

17 minutes ago, VoidedEntry said:

You think immigration would lie to me though? This is a photo from the blacklist check... The real question lol, if this was true, and I was blacklisted on March 31, of 2016, then why when I left on April 5th of 2016, did they not stop me, arrest me, and detain me...

Thr blacklist is for the purpose of denying a foreigner's entry into Thailand, not his departure from the country.

20 minutes ago, VoidedEntry said:

Yeah not sure, but if I was wanted for investigation, I am sure they'd take me aside.

Have you already looked at the clause in the Immigration Act stated in the blacklist search result as the reason for your "blacklist pending investigation"?

Section 12. Aliens falling into any of the following categories are excluded

from entering the Kingdom —

(7) Having been indicated under certain circumstances as likely to cause
disruption jeopardizing public peace or safety or the Kingdom security or being a person with
warrant of arrest issued by a foreign government;

8 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Have you already looked at the clause in the Immigration Act stated in the blacklist search result as the reason for your "blacklist pending investigation"?

Yes I have quite extensively researched it. If it was black listed on March 31st, and I left on April 4th, why was I not stamped? Does it need seem to raise concern that something doesn’t quite add up?

Edited by VoidedEntry

18 minutes ago, VoidedEntry said:

Yes I have quite extensively researched it. If it was black listed on March 31st, and I left on April 4th, why was I not stamped? Does it need seem to raise concern that something doesn’t quite add up?

It could mean that, or it could mean that only on an entry attempt during the blacklist period you need to taken aside and asked some questions, ie be investigated.

5 minutes ago, Maestro said:

It could mean that, or it could mean that only on an entry attempt during the blacklist period you need to taken aside and asked some questions, ie be investigated.

Well per this lawyer I told them I was coming back to Thailand and all of a sudden they told me that it was a mistake and that the police forgot to send clearance to Thai immigration. So I guess for the sake of the story, it wouldn’t be a blacklist anymore, but that doesn’t get me anywhere just gives me more questions as to why Thai visa service seen it as a name lock