Wife in hospital and our 60 day METV is running out Jul 24.

Hello

We have previously extended the 60 day METV for an additional 30 days a few times so know what to do in a normal situation.
(To be clear: the prior extensions I refer to were done over a few years and NOT this trip.)

OK so my wife was taken to hospital last Wed Jul 12 and she will be in no condition to visit the immigration center next week to extend - that's if she gets discharged which is no certainty.

There must be a provision for medical emergencies?

Thanks

Tom

PS she is in Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital

Edited by ThomasAJ

If your wife is in hospital unable to get to immigration, ask for a doctors letter stating her condition.

Take it to immigration, she should get an extension based on what the doctor has stated on the letter.        

• Like 1

Hello and thank you all.

I just came back from Samititvej Sukhumvit Hospital and yes they will take of everything.

The charge though is THB1600 for their part (non-inclusive of the THB1900 for immigration) as was quoted to me today.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I just went to https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/patients-outside-thailand/your-stay/extending-your-trip/ and yes indeed the charge on the page is THB500. Maybe page is out of date - highly likely - or there was a miscommunication.

Edited by ThomasAJ
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 5:11 PM, ThomasAJ said:

Hello and thank you all.

I just came back from Samititvej Sukhumvit Hospital and yes they will take of everything.

The charge though is THB1600 for their part (non-inclusive of the THB1900 for immigration) as was quoted to me today.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I just went to https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/patients-outside-thailand/your-stay/extending-your-trip/ and yes indeed the charge on the page is THB500. Maybe page is out of date - highly likely - or there was a miscommunication.

1600 baht for a basic letter.  more than many government hospitals charge for an ER visit

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

1600 baht for a basic letter.  more than many government hospitals charge for an ER visit

Yes but if his wife had been at a government hospital without an Immigration concierge service they might have been screwed for a lot more than 1600 baht.

9 minutes ago, atyclb said:

It in not only a letter. They submit the extension at immigration as well. That means a trip to immigration by a member of their staff.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, lopburi3 said:

Have you contacted hospital - most such first tier hospitals have contact with immigration for such matters.

And if she is in a government hospital, be prepared to wheel the bed down to the immigration office.

10 hours ago, Formaleins said:

And if she is in a government hospital, be prepared to wheel the bed down to the immigration office.

That is not correct. A government hospital can do the required letters and anybody can go to immigration to apply for the extension.

10 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Why post nonsense like that?

Bloody stupid comment.

Edited by colinneil

16 hours ago, atyclb said:

It's cheaper than an agent to renew annual retirement extension,  and seems like more work on the Hospitals part too.