We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

webfact

19 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this is why I will NEVER EVER buy property in Thailand.

And please keep on over building so rents are super low for decades to come. 

But the developers will say 'If we stop developing and building more villages and condos then a lot of workers will have no job so have to continue building'.

Edited by scorecard

Are there any zoning by-laws or an official city plan which clearly identifies what can be built in a specific area or what type of business can operate in an area?

It seem it's just urban sprawl - anybody can build anything anywhere.

I guess one option is to sue for damages - but only the lawyers will get rich using that path.

Edited by Banana7
  • Sad 1

I rent a condo in Soi Cozy in a block I would consider buying but there is massive plot of undeveloped overgrown land from a previous failed project. Its tied up in legal problems now. But once that problem is sorted its obvious a condo will be built there. Meaning 24/7 construction noise and dust.  To say nothing of what effect it will have on the environment when it is completed. In the UK, when buying a property you can learn of any future developments and the status of the land nearby. Not foolproof but a bit less haphazard than here.

• Like 1

You should never, ever buy a house near vacant land. Anything can be built upon, they should think themselves lucky a rubbish tip was not approved.

I’m not sure how A/C;s  can be noisy, the condos are not occupied as no one has settled, waiting on city halls approval.

• Like 1

Anyone who owns a house in that area would be well advised to stop moaning and sell up as quickly as possible. All the currently empty land around there will eventually be built on, and once the hordes of short-term Chinese and Russian tourists start checking into these hideous condo buildings the area will be a disaster zone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

.....it's ridiculous to complain about air conditioning noise.

I'm not so sure. Some of these buildings are 6 or 7 stories high, with two el-cheapo air-conditioners on each floor every 4 or 5 metres. And some of these building are only a metre or two from the boundary line. The noise can be astonishing when they are all going.

Look at Nam Talay in Na Jomtien. Built right on top of what used to be a rather nice private soi with some nice houses in it. Probably now only worth a tiny fraction of what they used to be, I suspect.

https://goo.gl/maps/y5cALdqMvVJ2

Shameful.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

But the developers will say 'If we stop developing and building more villages and condos then a lot of workers will have no job so have to continue building'.

Maybe the developers will say that, but it is most certainly not thought.