Old departure card

It's not important anyway, there are always many people at the airport who lost their departure card when departing from Thailand, they just have to fill out a new one and that's it, so no need for a replacement now. Maybe until you depart in the future they got rid of the cards already.

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

Over the last 10 yrs I have on many times lost my departure card and I just fill in another at immigration in the airport, never any problem. Your details come up on their computer.

People in front of me got sent back from immigration to the airline office at Don Meuang last week to get a new card.

12 minutes ago, ravip said:

Is it mandatory to carry the departure card with the passport during your travels in-country?

Not as far as I know. But if checking into a hotel they will want to see it to use the number on it for reporting your stay.

• Thanks 1

On two occasions I have lost my departure card. There was never a problem. When leaving Thailand I was given a new one to fill out. On applying for an extension of stay I was able to produce a copy because I had scanned it to my computer.

I'm not worried about having it if I leave the country.  But - it's consistency required as one of the photocopies needed from 90 day reports and visa renewals.  As I said, I'm not planning to leave Thailand.

So if I 'lose' it, do I go to my local immigration office or will I need to go to the nearest International Airport and talk to immigration there?

7 minutes ago, connda said:

I'm not worried about having it if I leave the country.  But - it's consistency required as one of the photocopies needed from 90 day reports and visa renewals.  As I said, I'm not planning to leave Thailand.

So if I 'lose' it, do I go to my local immigration office or will I need to go to the nearest International Airport and talk to immigration there?

For extensions and etc I print out a scan of it I did a few years ago. It can be seen that it was in 2 parts when I did scan because that is when it fell apart.

If you lose it you can get one at your local immigration office.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 10:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not as far as I know. But if checking into a hotel they will want to see it to use the number on it for reporting your stay.

I travel around Thailand a lot and never carry the departure card and so far has not been a problem but maybe I will start carrying a copy now just in case because generally advice from ubonjoe is trustworthy.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, connda said:

On a trip back to the UK with a friend a couple of years ago, he realised he'd lost his departure card a few days before we were travelling.

We went to the local IO who had an A5 sized book, where they entered the details of his TM6 from their records.

One copy stayed in the book, the other copy they stapled in his passport.

At the airport they removed his copy and stamped him out. He wasn't required to complete another TM6.

The receipt is like tissue paper, the ink soon fades, so it wouldn't last long folded up in the back of your passport.

Depending on the location of your IO, it may be simpler to obtain a new one at the airport.